• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

BadAss2961

I don't think DC makes weight. He's too consumed with trying to keep weight to have an advantage against Jones.
DC's looked pretty slim in recent appearances. Seems like he's better prepared to make weight this time.

I'd suggest he move back to Heavyweight after this fight regardless of the outcome though. He looks sick cutting to 205 these days. If he wins he could make Jones move up for the rubber match.

Syder

Which will cause Dana to have a nervous breakdown and crown himself interim LHW champion.
1091%20-%20autoplay_gif%20confetti%20gif%20monday_nitro%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

Interesting little fact I just realized...Maia and Woodley have only lost twice since 2012 and both lost to the same two individuals ...Rory Mac and Jake Shields.

Adding to the weirdness of that, both lost split decisions to Shields and both got completely dominated by Rory.

Dana never forgave Maia for that main event fight in Abu Dhabi against Silva. They tried to impress them over there and it turned out to be an absolute stinker.

Jones burned Dana yesterday a little bit with saying he doesnt need to pretend to be friends with him when all he cares about is guys that make him money.

Interesting little fact I just realized...Maia and Woodley have only lost twice since 2012 and both lost to the same two individuals ...Rory Mac and Jake Shields.

Adding to the weirdness of that, both lost split decisions to Shields and both got completely dominated by Rory.
Has Shields been signed by another MMA organization after WSOF?

ldcommando

Banned
I´ve been watching some interviews and I like the demeanor on that Evinger chick. I´m not familiar with her skills, does she have a chance against cyborg? (aside from mma unpredictability)

I´ve been watching some interviews and I like the demeanor on that Evinger chick. I´m not familiar with her skills, does she have a chance against cyborg? (aside from mma unpredictability)
She's bullied smaller girls at 135 but Cyborg is bigger at 145. Cyborg also regularly grapples with Gabi Garcia, Tito Ortiz and on occasion Bisping.

VoxPop

Dana never forgave Maia for that main event fight in Abu Dhabi against Silva. They tried to impress them over there and it turned out to be an absolute stinker.

Jones burned Dana yesterday a little bit with saying he doesnt need to pretend to be friends with him when all he cares about is guys that make him money.

I never understood why Silva got so much shit for that fight when Maia was just as bad if not worse.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I never understood why Silva got so much shit for that fight when Maia was just as bad if not worse.

Maia was coming forward trying to make something happen in the latter rounds even though he had one eye and no standup game, Silva was literally dancing.

VoxPop

Maia was coming forward trying to make something happen in the latter rounds even though he had one eye and no standup game, Silva was literally dancing.

I agree Silva should have finished him easily as Maia's standup is a joke even by MMA standards but Maia literally had no choice but to do those stupid punches from the ground and engage since he was down 3 or 4 rounds already. I don't see Maia ever being champ with his one dimensional style tbh.

broz0rs

I'm surprised that article didn't get that much attention on Twitter or even on Reddit.

Jon Jones says he's giving Dana White the silent treatment.

Jones: I just feel like when you’re making the company money and you’re a pay-per-view draw and you’re ultimately putting money in his pocket, then you mean a lot to him.

The moment you aren’t those things, you mean nothing to him, and he’s done a decent job of showing that. I felt completely abandoned by him … in a situation when I needed him the most.

I feel like he’s shown me his true colors, and now I have no desire to pretend like he cares about me or that we’re friends.

Unless he has something real pressing to talk to me about, I’d rather just talk to Ari Emanuel. As of now, I look at Ari as my boss and as Dana as more the face and the voice of UFC.

White: Sounds like something he and I will eventually have to straighten out.

Shit is so real about the "friends" fuckery Dana has with his top fighters.

what is the origin of why DC hates Jones so much

like he literally hates the guy, it's not like one of those "for the camera/fake fight hype" stuff

he really does not like Jones

DKehoe

like he literally hates the guy, it's not like one of those "for the camera/fake fight hype" stuff

The first time they met Jones told Cormier he thought he could take him down. Cormier, being a high level wrestler, took offence at Jones' arrogance. Unfortunately for Cormier Jones showed that he could.

ApharmdX

Banned

Barring some kind of fluke KO, no. Cyborg is probably the fighter who is the furthest ahead of their competition in all of MMA. She is a far superior athlete AND her skills are far more polished AND she's tougher AND she has killer instinct. There's a reason why De Randamie vacated the belt rather than fight Cyborg, and why Nunes won't move up to fight her.

Evinger is game but she's going to get crushed.

Some people think that it's because DC has lost family in car accidents. I think it's mostly because Jon Jones is a fake and terrible person.

DC going to lose on Saturday in another boring UD. But he'll be fine, he's got his commentating and coaching.

He probably resents that Jones is better than him while not having to work as hard. His feelings toward Jones always come across like an angry father or something.

DC's daughter, friend and cousin were killed in a car crash.
Jones had a car crash with a pregnant women while under the influence and fled the scene, didn't even bother to check if the other person was ok.
Jones also seems like a guy that just can coast on talent while being a terrible human being, i'm sure that doesn't sit well with a guy like DC who prides himself as a hard worker.

people still seem to like Jones better than him, i mean they booed him. someone said that this was a Homer Simpsons (JJ) vs Frank Grimes (DC) situation and i thought that was a good analogy.

Top Bottom