• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

VoxPop

Apparently Cerrone vs. Nurmagomedov was a done deal... but Khabib fucked his knee "20 minutes" after agreeing to the fight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/1...medov-blew-out-his-knee-20-minutes-after-bout

Snake_1d78fb_176544.gif

Heel

Man, that would've been one hell of a fight. Hopefully Khabib the Eagle's injury isn't too major. Future champ, no question.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do it, Dana.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/1...on-the-idea-of-chris-weidman-vs-vitor-belfort

"It doesn't have to take place in Nevada," White said of Weidman-Belfort. "That fight would be big in Brazil, too.

"I would do it Brazil. As long as the commission clears him, yeah. We'd want the okay from Nevada, and if Nevada was cool with it, I'd do it in Brazil."

"Do you know how big that fight would be in Brazil? Huge. That fight would be big in Brazil. That would be a big stadium. We'd sell out there, and it'd be a big fight."

Heel

Wow, that McGregor/Brandao weigh-in was hype as hell. Hoping Conor somehow pans out as the real deal. Sport needs a kick in the ass, and that kid is 100% money.

VoxPop

Wow, that McGregor/Brandao weigh-in was hype as hell. Hoping Conor somehow pans out as the real deal. Sport needs a kick in the ass, and that kid is 100% money.

Yeah he's definitely fun to watch and is swimming in charisma but I don't think he's quite there yet. He was subbed by two nobodies but they're building him up nicely instead of throwing him to the wolves. He should fight someone like Siver or Elkins next. But 145 is an absolute shark tank and he's gonna have his work cut out for him.

Next logical step into the top 10 would be someone like Porier or Bermudez. Should be some serious fireworks. Then onto the eventual KZ, Stephens, Swanson, and Aldo matchups. Just praying they dont feed him to Guida.

Hopefully Diego can take the fight to the ground but he isn't that smart, they never are. He'll stand and bang, and will gas out in the 2nd round.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Too bad 1000 people will see that fight since it's relegated to Fight Pass.

Smart way to build up a new "star."

Eanan

Too bad 1000 people will see that fight since it's relegated to Fight Pass.

Smart way to build up a new "star."

Its being broadcast on terrestrial TV here in Ireland though, which is a good move by UFC.

Dana hyping up Ireland no end: http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/18/5...eplay-ufc-fight-night-46-weigh-ins-dublin-mma

Also Poirier calling out Conor during a big ol rant on the twatter:

I hope Conor wins tomorrow so I can beat his ass...

He needs a slice of humble pie and I just the man for the job.

He doesn't even deserve to be In there with a real man like me but I'll make an exception to shut his loud mouth!

I'm the best. Connors a conqueror?..He's no Alexander I'm Alexander, I'm the best ever Tell everyone you know the future champ has spoken

And all you leprechaun sausage riding groupies are gonna be eating your words after I stand over him
https://twitter.com/DustinPoirier/with_replies

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I fucking hate my job environment. I received 100% confirmation from a good source that I'm being targeted. Not that I needed to be told so since I already perceived it a week ago. This is supposed to be a fun place not a place where people are always on the chopping block.

I loved going to work the first few months I started, now I go to work expecting the worst every night. It went from a festive atmosphere under the last minority owner to dull and sterile under the new minority owner to having basically office bullshit but with naked women in the background causing their own bullshit that at times intersects with ours to create a super storm of bullshit. We keep losing perks and money while the bullshit increases.

Jamie OD

I'm heading to the show soon and Dublin city is buzzing with anticipation right now. The arena should be packed before the first prelim fight even begins.

Rur0ni

Had to watch that, haven't been that hyped for a weigh in for a long time.

Jamie OD

06B8C60F-ECC0-4962-A720-0E8A7936BA59_zpsooymc03b.jpg

Not a bad seat in the house. I've been here for plenty of wrestling and boxing shows in the past and never heard the crowd pop that loud when Holohan got the tapout. Tonight's going to be a lot of fun if the crowd keeps up like this.

Heel

Crazy that they're that loud and the arena is only half full. Don't think they're just mic'ing the audience louder either, haha. For Nikita Krylov, no less.

Top Bottom