• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

strobogo

Banned
The UG is AWFUL. Truly terrible. If MMA-GAF and Wrasslegaf had a mutant baby, it wouldn't be nearly as big of a cunt as the Underground.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm perfectly fine with worked fights to build stars in the Ultimate.

Did you see how bad The Last of Us looks, chamber? It's "a proper bit of shite and bollocks," as Lee Murray would say.

It looks like The Last of Us in 1080p, I don't know why gaming side expected Uncharted 4 graphics. Actually, I might have just answered my own question.

It looks like The Last of Us in 1080p, I don't know why gaming side expected Uncharted 4 graphics. Actually, I might have just answered my own question.

yep, it's no different than GOW Collection or any of the PS2 > PS3 remasters. no idea what people were expecting.

dream

Tamara Sytch @WWEHOFerSunny · Jul 8
hey guys, inoctober, i might have my very first pro MMA celebrity fight!!! what do you think??

Eanan

look at him whispering spots into Brandão's ear, more blatant than this is impossible:

ibaIX5JsEiKCAC.gif

Brandão walking like an idiot against the cage while Connor remembers his cue:

ibridSPXg4KwvC.gif

Dana knows this guy is the only future draw he got, protect it at all costs. it's ok. i wouldn't be surprised if Brimage records a shoot interview where he says "well, i didn't take a dive against Connor but they asked me if i could lose by TKO...".

cRDdZ8H.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't see what the big fuss is about a no-name prospect beating up a can no one has heard of. Throw him against Clay Guida to see if he can get in the gate.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Gotta hand it to McGregor. Going from a no name beating up cans to a name beating up cans in a sold out arena solely due to trash talk is impressive.

Sold out arena of 9,500.

I love watching cans get beat on and fully support good works and/or mismatches to build up new stars. The Dublin card, TUF Finale and last Honda fight have me rehyped about the UFC.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
So brehs.... Lawler or Brown?

And does anyone think Lil Zombie Nog has a chance against Rumble?
Rogério is both less Nog and less zombie than his brother, though only by a small amount. He did beat Rashad in his last appearance, but if the Blackzillians have hired a new patty-cake coach since then Rumble should be able to avoid making the same mistakes Evans did.

dream

Rumble Johnson without having to cut much weight is a revelation. Why would anyone pick against him? I'd feel good about picking Rumble Johnson to beat Bones Jones.

Rumble Johnson without having to cut much weight is a revelation. Why would anyone pick against him? I'd feel good about picking Rumble Johnson to beat Bones Jones.

I mean let's not get too overboard here. He's definitely not skilled enough to do all that.

ldcommando

Banned
Are you a betting man?

Dustin leaves his chin out far too much and is sloppy as fuck.

Predict Conor picks him off slowly with his far superior striking.

In no way, shape or form. Just want to see dana´s tears as that european money goes away with conor´s hype.

Dipz

Banned
Lil Nog has an iron chin, still, unlike his brother. Even with Rumble's punching power I don't see him getting an easy KO. But Rumble should still win it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
The big fuss is that you're talking about him.
Who has he beaten? No seriously, look at his record. There's like, 3 dudes there with a wikipedia page and they're all cans.

Rumble is going to retire 38 year old Lil Nog via brutal headkick and we're all going to be making "Thank You Lil Nog" posts afterwards. It is known.

Who has he beaten? No seriously, look at his record. There's like, 3 dudes there with a wikipedia page and they're all cans.

Rumble is going to retire 38 year old Lil Nog via brutal headkick and we're all going to be making "Thank You Lil Nog" posts afterwards. It is known.

Holloway is a can now? McGregor is 15-2 with 13 KO's and 1 Sub. There's a lot of guys who don't produce that kind of finish rate whether they're fighting cans or not. And even if the guy is overhyped, he's got 1 decision in his record. We need more guys like him that are going to finish or get finished. Makes for more exciting fights.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Bone pls. Who is a guy who fought most of his career in europe with only 17 fights supposed to have beaten? He won all 3 of his UFC bouts in dominating fashion. He beat everyone Joe Silva put in front of him. Is it his fault he didn't start his career in Ultimate wheelkicking cain while simultaneously superman punching weidman while splitting the atom? He might get wrecked by a top ten fighter but at least he gets what it takes to put asses in seats. You wont ever need Dana to shove the he's a 'rising superstar' routine down our throats like with the rest of his cardbord cutout black holes of charisma. I may not understand 95 percent of the things the man says when he's on the mic, but the dude knows how to sell a fight.

dream

The thing about Conor O'Gregor is maybe he's not the best fighter. Maybe he hasn't been proven (he hasn't). But the guy can talk and carries himself like a superstar, and to be perfectly frank, that is all I really want out of the Ultimate.

i can see Max Holloway's future biography, "Island Warrior", containing a Conor chapter:

(...) I could tell Conor injured himself during the fight and every fiber of my body began twitching, begging my will to follow and get an easy finish over a wounded opponent. But in the corner of my eye i saw Dana White, his chin resting gently on his hands cageside, as he gazed at me with a disapproving stare. He knew of my intentions and, without a single word, he showed me my immediate future if i went in for the kill. Then i knew to take it easy on Conor and let him get away with a decision win. Being fed to the vultures on the cold, endless Nevada desert was not on my plans that night. As part of our understanding, they fed me a can called "Touchy Fili" for my next fight (...)

VoxPop

The thing about Conor O'Gregor is maybe he's not the best fighter. Maybe he hasn't been proven (he hasn't). But the guy can talk and carries himself like a superstar, and to be perfectly frank, that is all I really want out of the Ultimate.

Exactly this. While I think he would still get roflstomped by a majority of the top guys in his division at this time, he's making a star out of himself in the process despite not having done anything worthwhile. He's also pretty fun to watch and has a great finishing rate.

The 145 division is gold right now. Sadly no one cares about midgets.

Speaking of midgets, Pettis hasn't fought in nearly a year. If he gets injured again before his next fight, should he be stripped of his title?

Top Bottom