• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

I think that was a good stoppage. Henderson was out and didn't really recover until Hafael stopped throwing at him. Had they let it continue it would have just been more of the same.

iddqd

I thought the stoppage was ok. Maybe a BIT on the early side but nothing crazy.
I'm sure thought that the poet Benson will blame it for his loss.

Heel

It was early in that I would have liked to have seen Benson sent to a brief conversation with Helio above. It is what it is.

ibpJY4mHNxJETp.gif

It was early in that I would have liked to have seen Benson sent to a brief conversation with Helio above. It is what it is.

Exactly.

Damn, that was like the best thing to happen in UFC in 2014. Dos Master went after jesus freak instead of let him do his boring ass garbage for 5 rounds. Respect to him.

Welcome to gate keeper status Bendo, you shall be a masterful one.

BadAss2961

No it was not, Dos Anjos was fresh as a lettuce, he would've wrecked Bendo... or maybe he did, would've liked to see Bendo getting man handled.
Was it probable that Dos Anjos would've finished it from there? Yeah. But Henderson wasn't given a chance to recover, at all. He was still aware enough to defend himself as Big John was going in for the stoppage.

It was too quick.

Exactly.

Damn, that was like the best thing to happen in UFC in 2014. Dos Master went after jesus freak instead of let him do his boring ass garbage for 5 rounds. Respect to him.

Welcome to gate keeper status Bendo, you shall be a masterful one.

Nah, he'd have to lose a few more to be a gatekeeper

Overnow

Neo Member
The problem with people calling "early stoppage" on fights like this is that the way they are thinking the winning fighter was just going to let the losing fighter, who is not defending, get back up. In tonight's example Bendo started to get up the second Big John was over him, which also prevents RDA from continuing to punch him. People call "early stoppage" cause he starts to get up, but the only reason he had the opportunity to do so is because Big John cut in to give him the space/time. He ate a huge bomb and then had his hands down for the follow ups. The one arm kind of wound up over his head a little but it was clearly not an intentional (intelligent) decision to block.

Was it probable that Dos Anjos would've finished it from there? Yeah. But Henderson wasn't given a chance to recover, at all. He was still aware enough to defend himself as Big John was going in for the stoppage.

It was too quick.

Perhaps... i would've liked for Henderson to get beaten even worse.

lol I think this is the first time people are complaining about an early stoppage because they wanted to see the loser beaten some more.

zinganotatefinish.gif

Chamber said:
The stoppage was early and the knee was illegal. It's over and done with now.

Host Samurai said:
That was a bit of an early stoppage. Tate's got a good chin and could have kept scrapping. She seemed perfectly fine after that flurry of knees and elbows.

parrotbeak said:
I wanted to hear the deep guttural sound of her medula oblongata struggling to suck air into her lungs.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
lol I think this is the first time people are complaining about an early stoppage because they wanted to see the loser beaten some more.

I personally am a fan of Kimmothy Winslow's brand of 'if he dies he dies' reffing. In the replay it was an ok stoppage. Bendo wasnt going anywhere, but yea it would have been great seeing him pummeled to Odin's gates.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
These early stoppages :/ I wanna see blood and death. Arm out stiff, eyes wide open, gasping for air, that's what I want to see. Who cares about fighter safety, these guys don't got any employable skills anyway, go big or go home on a stretcher.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/dana-white-ends-judge-howard-hughes-night-early-at-ufc-fight-night-48

MACAU – After he was involved in a pair of controversial decisions to start the night at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 48 event, judge Howard Hughes was told to take the remainder of the night off by UFC President Dana White.

White admitted it wasn’t the best night for the officials but also shouldered the blame, as it was the UFC who appointed the night’s officials since Macau doesn’t have a regulatory body in place.

The strange part is .....
Hughes scored the Wee fight 29-28 in the Filipino fighter’s favor, the same way MMAjunkie scored the bout. However, White said he disagreed with that decision and actually elected to pay Zhikui his win bonus.

Meanwhile, Hughes actually scored the Dudieva bout in the Russian fighter’s favor, a result with which White agreed.

Wat?

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Yeesh. Didn't know Bisping could throw like that.

Every three years or so he can get a good finish. When he started out on Ultimate Fighter, he made waves because he tiger-kneed a guy (Ross Pointon) and split the top of his head open like a blood orange. He rolled his character to maximize heavily on Critical Damage, but he forgot to actually increase his Critical Hit chance since he spent all his other points just getting up to average in all other stats.

Heel

Bob Sapp tops bill for Pyongyang fight night

About 20 wrestlers and martial artists from around the world are expected to attend. Organizers say the event — dubbed, rather blandly, the International Pro-Wrestling Festival in Pyongyang — will be broadcast over the Internet, aired on Japanese network television and also shown on North Korean state-run TV.

It’s all the brainchild of Kanji “Antonio” Inoki, a savvy showman and charismatically eccentric Japanese politician who is one of the only members of Japan’s parliament who supports — and actively participates in — exchanges of any kind with North Korea. Inoki, who has visited North Korea nearly 30 times, was suspended by parliament for a month after making an unauthorized trip to the North last year.

ibdsXM6AxhjR53.gif

Razdek

Banned
Watching the countdown and Barao had excuses for losing. Do these Brazilian's ever lose without making an excuse and admit that the other guy was just better? I can't think of one that ever has.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Watching the countdown and Barao had excuses for losing. Do these Brazilian's ever lose without making an excuse and admit that the other guy was just better? I can't think of one that ever has.

Shogoon never makes excuses. His fans do that for him, myself included.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

That would be admitting that Jeebus loves the other guy more, no way that will happen. They just have to pray harder for the strength to beat someone unconscious next time.

Shogoon never makes excuses. His fans do that for him, myself included.

I hate to say that his fanbase is the primary reason I dislike Shogun and am always excited to see him lose. I've never seen such an annoying circlejerk in all of MMA. Shogun himself is awesome, great attitude, great skills... but good god it's great seeing his fans piss themselves when he loses.

VoxPop

I hate to say that his fanbase is the primary reason I dislike Shogun and am always excited to see him lose. I've never seen such an annoying circlejerk in all of MMA. Shogun himself is awesome, great attitude, great skills... but good god it's great seeing his fans piss themselves when he loses.

Exactly how I feel about F.Emelianenko.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder when Dana will full on start working fights. There have been some weird ones in the last few years, and obviously the feuds are all works. I'm pretty sure pro wrestling started getting worked for money reasons, and Dana has to think he's missed out on a lot of money when guys who he wants to win lose. So when is he going to start making shit turn out exactly the way he wants? And then 10-15 years later, someone will do 100% shoots again. Circle of life.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man, the guy has to wash his kids clothes in a tub. The struggle is real, let him hold on to whatever pride he has left.

Next

You'll never be able to enjoy anything. Whatever cool thing comes up, there'll always be fanboys to ruin it. Also, don't ever visit reddit.

Barao was awful for the sport. Looks like smeagel or however the f*ck you spell it from Lord of the Rings. Definitely not a face of any sport...ever

Top Bottom