• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Dustin is softer than Charmin toilet paper. Dude folded like a lawn chair.

You could tell McGregor won this fight before it even started.

Oscar

you guys are underestimating mcgregor. dude is a great fucking fighter and his stand up is awesome.

No doubt about that, but it's clear that the UFC is catering the matchups to his style.

He's about to get a title shot and never faced a Wrestler/Grappler.

I understand that it's a show business, and we need draws, but it's clear that they're giving him an expedited road to the belt and carefully picking his opponents.

Foggy

No doubt about that, but it's clear that the UFC is catering the matchups to his style.

I understand that it's a show business, and we need draws, but it's clear that they're giving him an expedited road to the belt and carefully picking his opponents.

He's getting the Nick Diaz match-up treatment.

Also, lol at the brown belt

zychi

Banned

he's fought twice in less than 6 months. he's training his ass off, calling people out, and backing up what he says. i love that he talks trash, but isn't like that until he's doing promotions.

e: if you follow him on twitter and instagram, dude is in the gym twice a day and working with crazy skilled guys.

agrajag

Banned
fight was stopped early, porier had nothing for him though. Also, the punch that dropped him look like it hit his back or something, the hell?

if Dana and Joe are smart they will strike while the iron is hot, steal Mendes title shot away from him and give it to McGregor while Aldo is still healthy.

Lazyslob

Banned

i wouldnt that about this fight. i mean i said poirier had nothing for mcgregor and i meant it but its not like poirier is a slouch. he's a good fucking fighter fighter

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Alright, the main event.

also,
6VMJKF7.png

Foggy

fight was stopped early, porier had nothing for him though. Also, the punch that dropped him look like it hit his back or something, the hell?

It was, but this happens in a lot of fights, namely the Couture/Lesnar and GSP/Serra fights ended in TKO's caused by punches they were trying to duck under. It's impossible for the fighter throwing the punch to anticipate that so it's never enforced. The 2nd punch Conor landed was to the back of the head but the next two were clean. Up to the ref's discretion but they'll never call DQ on that

Oscar

Mendes absolutely wrecks Conor. UFC would be wise to hotshot him to a title fight.

Guida would give him the Lay N Pray treatment too.

Obviously that would be disastrous for the promotion's plans though, it derailed the Pettis hype for sure. They aren't going to make that mistake twice.

If Conor loses, it will be by a lamb landing a comeback finish. UFC wants that Ireland stadium money before letting Conor get LnP'd.

Lazyslob

Banned
Guida would give him the Lay N Pray treatment too.

Obviously that would be disastrous for the promotion's plans though, it derailed the Pettis hype for sure. They aren't going to make that mistake twice.

If Conor loses, it will be by a lamb landing a comeback finish. UFC wants that Ireland stadium money before letting Conor get LnP'd.

nah. i dont think so. mcgregor is a fucking big featherweight. his stand up is one of the best in the division and i dont think they could keep him on the ground

ShogunX

McGregor v Aldo would guarantee to put bums on seats and high amount of PPV buys. McGregor doesn't deserve the shot but the quality of his shit talking and the fact that he's backed up everything he has said so far should be an easy sell for the UFC.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Dominick Cruz's return and the McGregor hype train.

Gotta give credit to the UFC's writers. These are some great storylines to spice up the midget divisions.

VoxPop

McGregor has won me over. Can someone make me an AV of his weigh ins face.

Eddie Alvarez coming in feels like when the radicalz first debuted in wwe. Let's see how bellator's "best" stacks up in the U.

Kogepan

Mendes absolutely wrecks Conor. UFC would be wise to hotshot him to a title fight.

Wrecks him with his stubby alligator arms? Dude would be better off dropping weight and fighting someone his own size like Demetrious Johnson.

McGregor is legit. Obviously in several classes better than Poirer, feed him to Edgar and see what happens.

Oscar

nah. i dont think so. mcgregor is a fucking big featherweight. his stand up is one of the best in the division and i dont think they could keep him on the ground

His losses are subs to nobodies. Dude would get LnP'd by a competent wrestler.

I like what Conor brings to the sport. He's controversial, and flashy as fuck. Not gonna pretend he's well rounded though.

Top Bottom