• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i had it for cerrone, but goldie and rogan made me think i was crazy. great fucking fight regardless

Macattk15

Hehehe. Hahaha. I don't like Benson .. but wow.

I also don't think Benson did anything impressive to win though ... but for it to be unanimous .... crazy.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Maybe if Henderson put half the effort into the actual fight that he just did to his interview he wouldn't have lost.

Sorry Benson. 57 kicks to the thigh isn't enough to win a fight

And one takedown is? I guess you missed all the knees he landed, head kicks, etc. He literally clowned on Cowboy and the judges are confirmed garbage. 2 of the WORST robberies I've ever seen in one night. 3 if you count that garbage cut stoppage.

Felt like Benson had the more productive offense but of course Cerrone had the takedowns. I do get the feeling that Cerrone got the decision due to his streak more than anything.

zychi

Banned
Silva breaking his leg is a "freak accident," Joe? What fucking fight were you watching?
The same as everyone else? You dont expect a leg to snap when hes kicking his opponent. The same way you dont expect an Nba player to break his leg coming down with a rebound
Felt like Benson had the more productive offense but of course Cerrone had the takedowns. I do get the feeling that Cerrone got the decision due to his streak more than anything.
And two week turnaround. Cowboy won, but it was close

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
And one takedown is? I guess you missed all the knees he landed, head kicks, etc. He literally clowned on Cowboy and the judges are confirmed garbage. 2 of the WORST robberies I've ever seen in one night. 3 if you count that garbage cut stoppage.

I guess I did miss all that.. because it didn't really happen.

You also ignored all the kicks Cerrone landed.

Just like boxing, in a close round.. I ask myself.. who would I rather have been in that round (ie: who took less damage).. that was Cerrone in every round.

Sorry Benson. 57 kicks to the thigh isn't enough to win a fight

Who gives a fuck if they didn't do any damage at all. That had NO effect. It's like scoring shoeshining punches... damaging shots will always score more with judges.. Cerrone landed considerably more damaging shots... plus he came forward.

Seriously, how anyone has that fight to Henderson is insane... what the fuck did he do other than the thigh kick thing he kept doing? Pretty much nothing.

I wouldn't call it a robbery in the slightest. None of them were dominant, did anything impressive, or were even aggressive.

Cerrone was pushing forward, landed a few good shots to the head and hard leg kicks, and had that takedown. Not much but it was something. Benson was basically playing tag out there.

Both of them deserved to lose in my opinion.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
UFC has alot of money riding behind Conor. Wouldn't be surprised if Lorenzo told Siver to take a fall and he'll be taken care of.

Top Bottom