• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Looking at all the near-future UFC events, it looks like there's a bunch of solid cards until May. None of them stand out as being overly bad or depleted in any way. But we'll see what happens.

Oscar

I bet it was Edmond who got into it with Burt. I heard that camp is full of assholes, Ronda included (at least she's open about it, to her credit).

I bet it was Edmond who got into it with Burt. I heard that camp is full of assholes, Ronda included (at least she's open about it, to her credit).

Yeah the way he strutted around on that season of TUF you'd think HE was the champion. And he also gave off that 'no fun allowed' vibe. He blew a gasket when he saw that picture of himself defaced with a marker.

Dysun

rumors are 500 - 600k for the rousey card

tumblr_lnnz7not2E1ql141xo1_250.gif

scabro

Ronda is a star brehs. Carrying a whole mediocre card on her shoulders to much bigger numbers than much more stacked cards.

And Dana apparently made the call to Grasso

tumblr_ng4436Imvp1qmrksoo1_500.png

all aboard brehs

VoxPop

Fuck yes. Just bought a pair of 187 tix for me and my girl. HYPED.

Now it just needs to stay intact for another 3 months..

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I don't know how one week I can be doing so awful with the chicks at work and next week we're fooling around in the rooms. They're too unpredictable.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I saw this before the edit.

You missed out on that brown sugar with your coffee, eh?
Works today but not tomorrow nor Monday (;
We were seconds away from being busted by the owner, lol
I decided to save the salacious details for nerdchat but no one was there so I'm playing Prime 2 right now

industrian

I'm surprised he got clea... oh wait, Brazil.

I see Erick Silva getting KO'd for some reason.

Either way, Kos on the card makes it a lot better.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sounds like a good career move for Kos. Nobody ever gets cut after losing on short notice, he just bought himself at least one more fight.

Guru-Guru

Banned
pettis is so freakin overrated
Who in the top 10 of his division can beat him? He's beaten Henderson (x2), Cerrone, Melendez, and guys like Alvarez, Jury, Johnson, and Thompson don't really have much to offer him. Only real threat to his title reign is Khabib, who will try to wrestlefuck him for 5 rounds. I think Pettis will be able to KO Khabib anyway though, as he is a wild striker who leaves himself open to get tagged by a guy of Pettis' caliber.

How do you think he is overrated?

industrian

The greatest threat to Pettis is Aldo. And I'm sure that Aldo will be stepping up to 155 once he destroys Conor.

Pettis isn't unbeatable, especially if you're willing to take the fight to him. Gil was doing a good job because he got caught. But if you're one of these guys who stand-off and pick shots then you're just going to get Cerrone'd.

The greatest threat to Pettis is Aldo. And I'm sure that Aldo will be stepping up to 155 once he destroys Conor.

Pettis isn't unbeatable, especially if you're willing to take the fight to him. Gil was doing a good job because he got caught. But if you're one of these guys who stand-off and pick shots then you're just going to get Cerrone'd.

Once he destroys Connor? Its a close matchup...

I would say "how quickly we forget" except Pettis fights so seldomly that you guys haven't forgotten "quickly."

Pettis v. Bendo 1 was a close fight that could've gone either way. The kick secured that 5th round otherwise, there's a very real possibility Bendo gets that decision. Then Guida made Pettis look like a chump and Stephens gave him all kinds of problems and can be argued to have been robbed on that split decision.

Since then Pettis has only had 4 fights. Lauzon, Cerrone, Bendo, and Melendez. Cerrone was in the deepest part of his YIPS phase and Bendo got caught early with a slick armbar. There's no doubt that Pettis is a talented and athletic guy but let's not act like he cleared out the LW division or anything. He got leapfrogged past a ton of guys due to his last WEC fight, not for anything impressive he did in the UFC at the time.

Top Bottom