• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

Man, I actually felt bad for Koshcheck right there. You could see how bad he wanted to escape, but foaming at the mouth and whatnot had the better of him.

iddqd

Why the hell do they talk to the looser?
Talk to the looser if its a super old ex champ close to retirement. Everything else is mega dumb.

Cat is so garbage on the mic. Doesn't speak on her abilities in the cage, but this would have been awful for UFC had she won. She has ZERO personality, good god.

what the hell do you want her to say after losing like that?
It's not just this fight, but every fight. Her win against Tate should have been the most excited she has ever been, but she gave the most terrible promo in history. She just doesn't have any presence on a live mic.
wtf did she do? Landed a couple nice ones but that wasn't a W.

Not that she did anything substantial, but Holms didn't really do anything of worthy at all from what I saw. I'm honestly asking if I missed something, because I didn't see Holly land anything that was the equivalent of what Pennington did. Not that she did much, but she seemed to do more than Holms.

scabro

worst early stoppage in the history of the sports:

ForsakenElatedHuemul.gif

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Lol Cat, wtf was that? And why would she leave her arm out there just trying to grab Ronda's head? Weird.

Into

Fast finishes like this are rather rare, so when they happen with the same person, who also happens to be a big star and main eventer, one starts feeling ripped off.

Its not Rondas job to entertain me or give me 2-3 good rounds, this isent pro raslin bla bla. Yeah we all know that, its rather on UFC to find a capable opponent for her. At this point they just need to find any woman who stand in there for more than a round.

I hate to whine that one of the biggest stars is winning too much and too fast, but its just so anti climatic.

The way all these other women are going out its starting to make Miesha's endurance against Rousey all that more impressive. (or ultra impressive if I'm Mike Goldberg)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think at this point, Carmouche was easily Rousey's biggest challenge. In the same way that Belfort was Jones' biggest challenge until the Gus fight. The sole point in Meisha's favour was that she lasted longer than a round.

N° 2048

Holy fuck Cat, you couldn't have calmed down a little bit and feel it out for at least five seconds?

Instead you throw a flying knee with your arms flailing out ready to be eaten up by Queen Arm Bar.

Saw Into's comments. As many have stated, there is currently a Mike Tyson aura around Rhonda Rhousey. Her last fight she finished McMann with a savage hip throw followed by punches to her face. This time she does the MMA equivalent of a RKO-like arm lock, meaning it comes out of nowhere, Rhonda admits to never practicing that arm lock.

Rhonda is a unique athlete like Jon Jones. She's just a world apart from her competition. Her Olympic back ground and ever improving striking skills just create a massive gap of skill between her and the other ladies.

Cyborg is the only legitimate fight left. She at least has size and strength, okay striking (but it's not really technique that's winning her fights just mainly her striking and power).

MjFrancis

It's funny, I was watching the prelims at a bar with my wife last night and I was telling her there's no way I'm paying $60 once I get home to watch a 14-second fight. Now I wish I would have put Vegas money on that prediction.

Of course the nice thing about it is I can just waltz into the UFC 184 thread and watch the entire fight in gif form.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not sure what's funnier, Cat losing in 14 seconds or people pondering whether Ronda could compete with a Mens Bantamweight.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Cat, I am disappoint
H7bIKlW.png

But at least the unbearable blight that is Josh Koscheck is sent out of the UFC foaming at the mouth
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

scabro

Not sure what's funnier, Cat losing in 14 seconds or people pondering whether Ronda could compete with a Mens Bantamweight.

I just dropped the argument altogether, its pointless.

There's a guy bringing up archery and racing as a point as to how females can be just as good as men. Like, breh.

scabro

What do you all think of Holmes' chances against Hot Rod?

as unimpressive as she looked, id say better than most by mere fact that i dont see her losing her head against Honda like most people. She would have a gameplan and a clear strategy to maintain distance. So i don't think she would get subbed in say the first round.

Guru-Guru

Banned
She will get finished, 1st round KO. Pennington, a middle of the pack fighter, was able to land solid shots in the pocket in the 3rd round. Ronda will be able to do a better job at closing the distance, and I honestly believe that she can outbox Holm. Whenever Holm came in for strikes she would let her hands down after a quick combo. Her footwork coming in was also bad. She moves back in a straight line when she gets hit. In short she many flaws striking...Only thing Ronda would have to worry about is Holm's left high kick, but even then, it is so telegraphed that she will be able to avoid/block it like Pennington did.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so the record is clear, i was joking when i asked for the mighty mouse super fight before it turned into an actual discussion on honda's future prospects

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I just dropped the argument altogether, its pointless.

There's a guy bringing up archery and racing as a point as to how females can be just as good as men. Like, breh.

It's the MMA equivalent of the "Could top college team A beat worst professional team B" arguments we see with other sports.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
People thinking Honda would body an experienced dude her size is the epitome of neogaf social justice warrirordom.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

She's got Greg Jackson in her corner so anything is possible - like being TKO'd in the third round.

I put Holm's mediocre performance down to nerves, as it was more than obvious that she had first fight jitters, but she needs another tune up fight before she's even considered for a title shot. I'd like to think that with Jackson she could engineer a gameplan against Rousey, but I don't see it happening. Rousey will remain undefeated until another "proper" fighter like herself comes along.

It's the MMA equivalent of the "Could top college team A beat worst professional team B" arguments we see with other sports.

Here's an idea for a thread: "Could Ronda Rousey beat Bruce Lee?"

Top Bottom