• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT5| Father Time Is Undefeated

iddqd

i_m_ok_with_this__n1296497202304__super.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Great fight, shame Silva pulled the injury card in the interview.

What was with that blonde ring girl? She was always looking into the wrong camera.

This was better than Diege vs Gil because Gil obviously beat him down more and could have at anytime played it safe because of style. Hunts and Silvas styles are more brawling and it more back and forth and could have finished at any second due to it being a HW fight

Lots of sick fights this year

Wand/Stann
Hunt/Struve
Hunt/Silva
Hunt/JDS
Gil/Sanchez
Jones/Gus

Even GSP/Hendricks was great. Despite the crap judging

I love it when one of these "shit cards" produces an absolute gem like this. That was awesome.

It's this kinda shit that's gonna make me consider subscribing to the network though...

Well played, Dana White.

lol half of your list is Hunt. I wouldn't put hunt/struve in the same level of the others though

Hunt/Struve was amazing for the fact that Hunt kept playing with fire in his guard and still avoided the submission. Not to mention the tiger punch KO that Hunt leaped off his feet to connect with. I loved that fight

Shogun looked like he was in the best shape ever in his UFC career. Is he back on roids? Maybe he tried that made in germany blood spinning?

All I know is the dude looked healthy and strong before walking into the cage, and then moved with the kind of speed and strength I hadn't seen him move in the UFC. Hopefully this means he got his fire back, because I want more of this Shogun. Not saying that a tuna can crush is some career making event, but it wasn't the K.O that impressed me.

I love it when one of these "shit cards" produces an absolute gem like this. That was awesome.

It's this kinda shit that's gonna make me consider subscribing to the network though...

Well played, Dana White.

But this wasn't a shit card. It had plenty of well known fighters on the card. A shit card are usually those European or Brazilian FX cards

Nick ring crashed my party :-(.

Hunt is a pure heart fighter meaning he fights with heart and touches the spectators hearts. Just pure heart!

First overhand rights..then flying knees, then wheel kicks. Now a new trend is sweeping the Ultimate.

GPt9avM.gif

Face planting after you get ktfo.

muddream

Banned
This was the best Shogun since the first Machida fight. He was moving, kicking, countering, while actually looking in Pride shape. He can hang with everyone besides Jones and Gus until his next knee surgery.

Well played, Dana White.

Those local network cards are going to feature James Tuna, but no Shogun. This was a decent FS1 card outside of Brazil...there have been worse PPVs in terms of talent. I'd stick to Heel's Bad MMA guide instead of paying for Natal-Kennedy 2.

Why do people want a part 2? These guys are training partners, it was hard enough for both fighters and their camps. Both guys got big bonuses, let them recover, enjoy their money, and prep for new fights. Lot of guys in the division to make good fights with; Travis Browne, Barnett, Reem, etc.

iddqd

Why do people want a part 2? These guys are training partners, it was hard enough for both fighters and their camps. Both guys got big bonuses, let them recover, enjoy their money, and prep for new fights. Lot of guys in the division to make good fights with; Travis Browne, Barnett, Reem, etc.

Same here, no need for a rematch.

And what about Shogun looking a bit more dense. Did he finally start lifting weights or did Vitor give him the number of his pharmacist?

Vio-Lence

Banned
so i picked up the last of us on black friday for $25 and finally gave it a spin. i played for around 90 minutes before i gave up. my 60GB fatboy ps3 sounds like a hoover vacuum. it makes playing on it almost impossible. my early impressions are that the game is good looking for a PS3 game, but linear as fuck. reminded me of when i tried to play the new tomb raider on PC. Both games are completely on rails with a narrative focus over gameplay. not my cup of tea, but i would like to come back and finish it when i can maybe pick up a ps3 for 99 or 149 next black friday.

Top Bottom