• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

iddqd

Vitor evolving to "dad bod 2000"
ng9LzVk3wgI.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did you listen to Rogan call Honda's last fight? Ya, the only hardball question he'll ask her is if she'll sleep with him.

YaGaMi

I'm looking at the UFC top 10 HWs list right now and I think Fedor gets his shit pushed in by everyone on there. This will not end well for Pride fanboys.

I think it'll be the other way around. He'll go in with the a gameplan in each fight now. This is all part of God's plan as he would say.

If anyone besides me had a Fight Pass subscription already and then signed up for UFC Rewards, you have to email them to get them to credit your rewards for the subscription. Even though it says they'll credit you automatically if you use the same email address. You only get points automatically if you already have the Rewards account and then sign up for FP.

Yaari

Even if it were to be signed, the Fedor deal, it would not be confirmed on Twitter anyway. Like someone said, if Holly Holm vs Ronda warrants a live reveal by Dana, then this is not going to be confirmed through twitter.

But even then I refuse to get excited over some shady website and their reveals. It can only set me up for a disappointment. Hopefully we'll get something on Friday at that press conf, even though there's no reason to assume they are saying anything about it there.

VoxPop

Even if it were to be signed, the Fedor deal, it would not be confirmed on Twitter anyway. Like someone said, if Holly Holm vs Ronda warrants a live reveal by Dana, then this is not going to be confirmed through twitter.

But even then I refuse to get excited over some shady website and their reveals. It can only set me up for a disappointment. Hopefully we'll get something on Friday at that press conf, even though there's no reason to assume they are saying anything about it there.

You're comparing their biggest mainstream star to some pudgy Russian who hasn't been relevant in years and averaged 75k ppv buys in his headliners. He'd be lucky to get a Rogan podcast announcement.

iddqd

You know what, fuck it.
Its sad that Fedor comes to the UFC now and not in the 2000s but I would watch the Arlovski rematch, the Hunt rematch. Even the Big Foot rematch.

Or even better, make him move to 205 and fight Shogun and Hendo again. Litl Nog.

Old guys that are not smart enough to stop.

(and right now I would always pick against him)

215E4F3E54293DB005193C

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Big Nog retired!

I imagine that on his deathbed, Big Nog's last words will be "I could still beat Frank Mir."

You know what, fuck it.
Its sad that Fedor comes to the UFC now and not in the 2000s but I would watch the Arlovski rematch, the Hunt rematch. Even the Big Foot rematch.

Or even better, make him move to 205 and fight Shogun and Hendo again. Litl Nog.

Old guys that are not smart enough to stop.

(and right now I would always pick against him)

215E4F3E54293DB005193C

Fedor at 205 could potentially be a wrecking machine. At least until Jones comes back and bitch slaps him.

But at this point I want the older, more beaten-up Pride guys like Nog, Hendo, Rampage, Cro-cop, etc to just have some legacy fights. They're not going to be competitive, but just let them settle old scores and allow older MMA fans to see the fights and rematches they missed when Pride collapsed.

And I remember seeing that Snickers commercial when I lived in Korea.

WSOF hired Chael Sonnen to the broadcast team. Unclear if he's taken Bas' spot. I love Bas but I rather have Chael in there.

Also, UFC cut a bunch of people today:

Light Heavyweight: Hans Stringer
Middleweight: Dan Miller, Ildemar Alcantara, Tom Watson
Welterweight: Andrew Craig, Igor Araujo
Lightweight: Anthony Christodoulou, Yosdenis Cedeno
Featherweight: Niklas Backstrom, Aaron Phillips
Bantamweight: Cody Gibson, Royston Wee
Flyweight: Darrell Montague

Jesus I can't wait for this Ronda rousey shitwagon to end. Seriously hate it

Ditto. Especially the Floyd Mayweather stuff with her.

Yaari

Yeah, I'll be happy when the Ronda stuff is over too.
I love WMMA but that annoying shit with Mayweather is never going to end. See MMA always could spark some stupid discussions but never anything as dumb as when Ronda Rousey came around.

Bas should have retired with Pride, as should have most of their fighters with a few exceptions like Hunt, Hendo, and Sakuraba. He's really just embarrassing at this point.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So MMA Manager just hit the App Store for $2. Anyone give it a whirl yet?

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/i...mma-manager-fights-it-way-onto-the-app-store/

That brings us to MMA Manager, a new title for iOS Universal that puts you in charge of a stable of fighters. You control everything from recruiting fighters to negotiating with different leagues and promotions. Of course, you also have to deal with reality and fighters who miss weight or get busted for using PEDs on the side. Actual fights are handled in a system similar to how baseball games are handled in the iOOTP games, everything is done via text with buttons to select your next move

mma_screen7mozjj.png

PBfnsIk.png

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guaUdH-qUdI

Eanan

The salt is real. Once she's gone no one will give a shit about the women's 135 div. And who cares, cause fuck women in mma, amirite?
Nah but who cares about predictable squash match after squash match and then acting like its the second coming of Jesus.

Banglish

Nah but who cares about predictable squash match after squash match and then acting like its the second coming of Jesus.

It would technically be the first coming of Jesus, no woman has dominated like her, ever. (I think I'm shedding a tear like Rogan)
That's why it's just fun to watch her demolish bishes. Sure, she hasn't been tested hard, I patiently await the Nunes and Cyborg fights.
Wasn't that why it was fun to watch Andy fight, to just wait for him to tool his opponent? Or to see if Jones would methodically or just berserk his?
Maybe I'm the weird one for enjoying a squash fight just as much as a back and forth battle.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They made the entire division for Ronda.

Equating the competition in mens 185 and mens 205 to womens 135...
0144_vlu6e.gif

It's not her fault there's no competition, though. Joe Rogan crying though, knowing what he knows, that's embarrassing.

Top Bottom