• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Jordan Mein retires at 25

Reebok Era 4Ever
40 fights by age 25, has taken a lot of punishment, and obviously hasn't made much money at all, nor will he with the Reebook deal. Good for him for getting out, hopefully he has some employable skills though.

All these Ronda threads are killing me. Every thread is worse than the last. Somebody make it stop.

I think of Mark Ellis crying in a hallway, having lost to Ryan Martinez fresh off a prison stint.

I still remember that fight. That was terrible. Even Askren, who was cornering Ellis, was yelling insults at him and begging him to do something. Meanwhile Martinez just stands there like a wall popping jabs whenever Ellis gets within 3 feet. Its one of the least active fights I've ever seen.

And if I'm not mistaken that was the same card where BJ Penn's brother fought and gassed out completely in about 30 seconds. I've seen HWs fight in Denver with better cardio.

All these Ronda threads are killing me. Every thread is worse than the last. Somebody make it stop.
'Ronda Rousey says she can beat Floyd Mayweather at Yahtzee'

"She might be able to roll dice well but she's a Sandy Hook truther. And I heard she said 9/11 is an inside job!"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I still remember that fight. That was terrible. Even Askren, who was cornering Ellis, was yelling insults at him and begging him to do something. Meanwhile Martinez just stands there like a wall popping jabs whenever Ellis gets within 3 feet. Its one of the least active fights I've ever seen.

And if I'm not mistaken that was the same card where BJ Penn's brother fought and gassed out completely in about 30 seconds. I've seen HWs fight in Denver with better cardio.

Askren? I thought Ellis was AKA.

And that fight was essentially this:

1) Ellis shoots for takedown.
2) Martinez stuffs the takedown.
3) Martinez hits Ellis a couple of times on the way back up.

Repeat until 30-27.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get that ProElite heavyweight final. But nowhere near as disappointed as someone who wore red trunks to get free tickets for future ProElite events - only for them to fold shortly after.

Askren? I thought Ellis was AKA.

And that fight was essentially this:

1) Ellis shoots for takedown.
2) Martinez stuffs the takedown.
3) Martinez hits Ellis a couple of times on the way back up.

Repeat until 30-27.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get that ProElite heavyweight final. But nowhere near as disappointed as someone who wore red trunks to get free tickets for future ProElite events - only for them to fold shortly after.
I think they were teammates at University of Missouri.

Heel

The Mark Ellis thing is on one of those AKA Fight Factory episodes. I think Chris Honeycutt had an episode back then, too.

industrian

Demmy Johnson just gave us the title for the UFC 191 OT.

If you want to see great mixed martial arts, tune in when I fight. If you want to see drama and all of that stuff, you guys can go watch Bachelors in Paradise.

UFC 191 |OT| Go Watch Bachelors in Paradise

I could care less about Mighty Mosue, but it's really not hai fault that nobody has tested him.

Dodson fight was hardly close and he has looked way slower since coming back from injury, dudes gonna get wrecked.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I see John Leguizamo is fighting at 191
SILVA_JOAQUIM.png

iddqd

industrian

The rest of article is also full of "well everybody is running a shitty business so why cant I?" logic.

That kind of logic is amazing for unregulated events. Especially that one I posted a while back with the pregnant fighter - where apparently testing for HIV/Hepatitis was purely down to if the fighter's choosing. That and the general desperation they have in making sure there's actual fighters to fight by bringing in these Homer Simpson types.

"Bu-bu-bu I've already spent all my savings in booking the gym hall of my local middle school and getting a bunch of illegals to hook up a cage. I desperately need those fighters to fight so it's ok if they are potentially carrying diseases, are pregnant, or have zero experience. The show's gotta go on!"

Rousey vs Holm in Australia in November

So they can get that to happen but not McGregor in an Irish stadium?

Ohhh, it's cause Lawler is injured

Eanan

I'd have thought it would have made sense to bump McGregor aldo to the Melbourne card? Surely that has more chance of beating an attendance record that rousey vs scrub #36?

Not to mention that Australia is flooded with Irish and close enough to Brazil too.

Lazyslob

Banned
I'd have thought it would have made sense to bump McGregor aldo to the Melbourne card? Surely that has more chance of beating an attendance record that rousey vs scrub #36?

Not to mention that Australia is flooded with Irish and close enough to Brazil too.

naw why have 1 big card when you can have 2. and irish in australia? get the fuck out
no one cares about those measly 2 irish in that country

Eanan

naw why have 1 big card when you can have 2. and irish in australia? get the fuck out
no one cares about those measly 2 irish in that country
You clearly have no idea. Shed loads of irish recently emigrated there to steal the Aussies job and women.

industrian

puWlAdi.jpg

Dana needs to put some Anderson Silva Money on the table and make CM Punk vs. Keanu Reeves a reality.

brentech

Just watched that Holloway card finally.
Watching almost all cards since the change, I gotta say, as if it isn't obvious, would it really be that hard to just allow more color variants of the 'ufc uniform'. Holy shit the ring is dead of color.
Can't tell me Reebok isn't capable of creating a couple of designs for fighters to choose from, and then they can choose their overall color scheme or some shit. How hard would that be - still allowing the name/country to be a part of it all with champions wearing the black and gold shirt still.

Yaari

Fedor/Cro-cop 2 is going to headline a card. Right? Right?

There were some rumors about Fedor facing the winner of Mir/Arlovski. I think its a pretty cool idea tbh.

That's happening soon, so hopefully they will confirm a signing, if it actually did happen.

industrian

There were some rumors about Fedor facing the winner of Mir/Arlovski. I think its a pretty cool idea tbh.

I'd say that if Arlovski wins that one he's next in line for the title. He shouldn't need any other distractions.

If Fedor fights the winner of Mir/Arlovski then that means the winner of JDS/Reem is next in line. Either that or Miocic/Rothwell.

Fun times for the HW division.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm looking at the UFC top 10 HWs list right now and I think Fedor gets his shit pushed in by everyone on there. This will not end well for Pride fanboys.

Heel

Honestly, I hope Mir wins to set up a Fedor fight. He's like the last bastion for people believing UFC held anything over PRIDE in that era. Let them fight.

VoxPop

Eh, Mir has destroyed every Pride guy they threw his way except Ex-UFC HW Champion Josh Barnett who go that early stoppage nod.

I think Fedor has a decent chance against the top 10

Werdum - Werdum Sub
Cain - Cain TKO
JDS - JDS TKO
Stipe - Stipe TKO/Decision
Arlovski - Fedor TKO
Browne - Fedor TKO
Rothwell - Rothwell Decision
Hunt - Fedor Sub
Overeem - Toss up
Mir - Mir TKO

CroCop - Fedor TKO