• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Eanan

What's the consensus on Van Zant here? Pushed because she's hot or actually legit fighter? I barely watch any WMMA.

Yaari

She's definitely being pushed because of her appearance. Her win against Herrig was pretty damn impressive considering the vet she is, and Paige shut her down completely. She's earned my respect there. But I'm still not sold and won't be surprised if she eventually gets to the point where she just can't keep up.

I don't really know what her style is, she just seems to do whatever. Oh well, she got this far, its really good. She has a good camp too. But I don't know how far she will get in the sport.

zewone

What's the consensus on Van Zant here? Pushed because she's hot or actually legit fighter? I barely watch any WMMA.

Mostly column A, but a little from column B.

They seem to not be pushing her to fast to a title shot, giving her room to grow.

Plus, she'd be less marketable if Joanna did this to her.

Jessica-Penne-UFN69_3614.jpg

VoxPop

Yeah her push is based entirely on her looks. Doesn't mean she's a terrible fighter or anything. I'd say she's top 10 in her division but doesn't stand a chance against the top tier (Joanna, Gadelha, Aguilar). But then again she's only 21 so she has plenty of time to grow.

Heel

"High fivin' Frank."

lol strong finish because you know it's true.

Nah looks to me like theyre probably both on decent terms when the cameras off and theyre just bantering there. Uriah doesn't seem to mind conors slagging which is good.

Id pay good money for a podcast or talk show with them two.

Urijah is the prototypical mellow Cali dude. It'd take a lot to get him going.

Her push is 100% because of her looks. She's young though so who knows where she ends up.

Absolutely, but she's on a solid path and has shown some talent. I think she could make something of it, especially at her age.

Yaari

He was rather confused about people having an issue about him doing this with something he bought. He also compares it to fathers piercing daughters ears.

Asshole.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Some women's groups are going to be protesting at his next fight. Now animal welfare people will be there too. He'll get cut if he's too much a distraction.

Heel

https://www.facebook.com/ironheartb...622449433932/1574623682767142/?type=1&theater

Don't let the ears fool you. This bellagio daughter is built like a tank. She's so short, compact, full of drive and packed with muscle. Not a flaw I her except these ears.
Shadow she's 10-11 inches talk.
She's also a BullBlood Henry Ceo golden goliath granddaughter.
She got some muzzle on her but wait she will turn out like her mom golden Phoenix of Kevin Lee Uprising Bullies

camby.png
camby.png
camby.png

What a weird hobby subculture. How do you even reach this mindstate?

Banglish

They made the entire division for Ronda.

Equating the competition in mens 185 and mens 205 to womens 135...
0144_vlu6e.gif

It's not her fault there's no competition, though. Joe Rogan crying though, knowing what he knows, that's embarrassing.

Christ almighty, I'm not equating the levels of competion to be the same between men and women. All I'm saying is, there is obvious hype when someone (male or female) goes on a run in the UFC, that's it. If you can pave a path to the UFC where they make you your own division.. is that not boss as hell? I'm just saying her hype should be warranted among casuals or not.

yeah this might not fly

but dana gonna dana

who knows
"Look ya fuckin goofs, we launched a full investigation into this - FBI and whatever the fuck, and they found no evidence of Rumble slicing up dogs. Now chill out. And remember to buy UFC 191. These two guys DO NOT like each other and it's gonna be a war!"

Fitts

Caught a little bit of the conference. All I needed to see was Cerrone telling Conor that he "hasn't beat anybody" with Mendes sitting right next to him.

Top Bottom