• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fuck me, almost teared up!
Really unusually touching, but then he brought it back to classic Nick.

Guys like Conor, who are gonna make more money than me can see how to do it, as well as negotiate what they want in their contract using a team and agency and lawyers instead of their crooked jiu-jitsu trainer and coach, who was my manager for the majority of my career except for my last fight when I found the right agency on my own and signed with them, and I didn't even graduate the motherfucking eighth grade.

Update: Upon further reflection, Diaz wanted to clarify that at no point did he intend to disparage his former coach and manager, Cesar Gracie. Diaz maintains he has a good relationship with Gracie and has no issues with him.

Takuan

Really unusually touching, but then he brought it back to classic Nick.

Only Nick can call a man a crook and do a complete 180 moments later. God his brain must be completely scrambled from trauma and weed. What a character.

I'm reading in the comments that Nick actually passed 2 NSAC tests but failed a third independent test from a non-WADA/USADA/whatever facility. Is that true?

Eanan

CO6m92VUcAEi335.jpg

think he'll not be an ass (assuming this suspension stays) and release Nicholas so he can fight in Japan?

Seriously what is with his dress sense. In the old ultimate fighter series he used to wear the baggiest, haggard suits around and now dresses like a teenager.

I am juiced to meet Sakuraba and Fedor on Friday for that Bellator fan fest.

Do you think Gracie would sign a poster of Sakuraba throwing a flying fist at him?

Belfort puts Weidman on blast

"Did he stop cycling? Wasn’t him the one to stop cycling, because his testosterone was low?" Belfort said in Sao Paulo. "I was doing a treatment and paid the price. But have you ever thought about it, or no? Nobody ever talked about it. My levels were normal, his levels were low. How a kid at his age has low testosterone?"

Coker era bringing the goods

Lennie Hardt, the famous screaming banshee woman from the heyday of the Pride Fighting Championships, returns on the 9/19 show in San Jose as the ring announcer. This is part of Scott Coker’s goal to turn Bellator into “Pride, but better,” with the focus on fights that will draw a casual television viewership and heavy doses of spectacle and elaborate pageantry on the big shows.

Really awesome to see Ryan Hall run through people in the TUF house. drinking beer the night before his fight must have totally fucked with his opponent. Gonna be fun watching fighters in the house try to stop his bjj. He has great instructional vids on back attacks, the ryangle (triangle), head and arm chokes, and the 50/50. He really can submit people off any position. It was great seeing him coach the coaches too. I believe that was WSOF champ Lance Palmer and Touchy Fili getting tips from Ryan.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
VanZant gonna take her first L in the UFC.

Edit: That's the main event? Rofl.

So this event is on the 10 December.
Edgar/Mendes is on the 11 December.
Aldo/McGregor is on the 12 December.

That's some good planning right there.

Really awesome to see Ryan Hall run through people in the TUF house. drinking beer the night before his fight must have totally fucked with his opponent. Gonna be fun watching fighters in the house try to stop his bjj. He has great instructional vids on back attacks, the ryangle (triangle), head and arm chokes, and the 50/50. He really can submit people off any position. It was great seeing him coach the coaches too. I believe that was WSOF champ Lance Palmer and Touchy Fili getting tips from Ryan.

Yea, he looked pretty impressive on the ground

Love the banter between Conor and Faber too

Guru-Guru

Banned
VanZant gonna take her first L in the UFC.

Edit: That's the main event? Rofl.
I doubt it. This is a perfect match for PVZ, and there is a big reason why the UFC is having her fight Calderwood instead of somebody like Markos. Calderwood has looked poor (even in a couple of her wins) against fighters who are aggressive and put pressure on her--which is exactly what PVZ will do. She's an easy target, due to her having poor footwork and no head movement, who freezes up when she gets hit.

PVZ got this.

Yaari

FrontRowBrian reported Sakikabara being in attendance. Perhaps a reveal of the thing he is working on? Would not surprise me on bit if they announce Fedor signing to it as well.

Top Bottom