• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Yaari

It will probably be a joke of the fight. I can't see them giving him anything remotely interesting as an opponent. Bleh.

CPUXh0MU8AAHF7d.jpg

Yaari

Spike will broadcast the NYE event on tape delay. Pretty much pointless then. I'll go on Youtube 5 mins later instead.

It will be in a ring, as expected.

Yaari

lol.

The quality of fights we got here. And that's with Bellator and their established roster.

Sakakibara isn't doing any damage in the MMA scene.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
A great night of combat sports entertainment. Coker is doin' thangs.

I eagerly await Fedor vs Japanese Can™ on NYE live on Spike TV®

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
When I heard that Phil Davis was fighting Francis Carmont I basically expected Shields vs. Fitch LHW Edition.

But fucking hell, Phil Davis knocked someone out.

ImaginaryOccasionalBactrian.gif

I'm still in shock that I witnessed two entertaining Phil Davis fights with finishes on the same night. There must have been some sort of 500/1 odds pay out somewhere of that happening .

Whatever Phil Davis has done to himself I hope he keeps doing ... Even if it's juice .

Phil Davis obviously isn't a bad fighter. But you watch him fight and just think...why are you such a waste of potential ? His non risk taking makes Machida look like Chuck Lidell.

What he did tonight was a good sign.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
When I heard that Phil Davis was fighting Francis Carmont I basically expected Shields vs. Fitch LHW Edition.

But fucking hell, Phil Davis knocked someone out.

ImaginaryOccasionalBactrian.gif
It's almost as if carmont never expected Phil to throw a punch. The perfect strategy, years in the making by masterful Phil.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Phil Davis obviously isn't a bad fighter. But you watch him fight and just think...why are you such a waste of potential ? His non risk taking makes Machida look like Chuck Lidell.

What he did tonight was a good sign.

As I've said many times before here, Phil Davis frustrates me to no end.

He's got the athleticism to have been a Jon Jones tier fighter if he had the confidence to come outside of his comfort zone and to try new things. But instead he freezes up and goes back to his bread and butter of wrestling. Then - like with all "live by the takedown, die by the takedown" fighters - he got humiliated by a better grappler (Rashad), nullified by a fighter with a complete skillset (Rumble) and edged to a decision by another guy just like him (Bader).

I hope that with the drop in quality in Bellator Davis will feel more confident to let his hands go and try new shit. Then we may see him finally live up to his potential. I see McGeary subbing him in their fight though.

Top Bottom