• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Phil Davis still sucks. He's fighting C tier competition hence the finishes. He can't and will never finish anybody worth a damn so don't be fooled. #Fact

scabro

"nick got 5 years for smoking weed"
20f224.gif

Duane's comments about TJ being the only one serious about fighting comments make sense now. TJ was the only one paying Duane for privates.

Also, Faber did blow the guy up and Duane launched his online school, got his own sponsors, and eventually financing for his own gym. Why continue to talk shit about Faber and his gym? You moved on and so has TAM. Duane deserves this, he's gonna come out looking like a sexist, racist, greedy, jealous guy now.

VoxPop

They really gotta do something about fighter pay cause this shit is ridiculous. Undefeated top 10 fighters would rather retire and get a job than fight for shit pay twice a year. MMA will never have elite athletes. They got real lucky with Jon Jones but that's never happening again.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Jones is not an elite athlete. Ever see him try to dunk?

0140_puyvk.gif

The tiny man division is full of super athletes, but they're too small to play any other professional sport.

VoxPop

Lmao. Being able to dunk doesn't equate to athleticism.

The guy is tall, long, incredibly strong and a dedicated super quick learner. You'll always have tall guys or quick guys but can you really compare them to Jon Jones? This guy basically turned the best and most stacked weight division in the UFC into division full of cans after he destroyed them all mostly due to his size and proper use of it. Sure he loves coke and pussy but who doesnt?

I was watching some Badr Hari videos the other day and I really wish he got into MMA despite his disdain for it. The guy had the looks, skills and attitude to be something awesome. It's a shame he's legit crazy. The build up to his rematch with Reem was fantastic.

Also Fedor is getting paid 2.5m guaranteed for the NYE event. LOL.

They really gotta do something about fighter pay cause this shit is ridiculous. Undefeated top 10 fighters would rather retire and get a job than fight for shit pay twice a year. MMA will never have elite athletes. They got real lucky with Jon Jones but that's never happening again.

Josh Tompsom got 35k form,sponsors for dynamite.

He would have got,5k in UFC

I hope Mousasi chokes out Hall this weekend and Hall goes to Bellator where he stops being a straight pussy ala Phil Davis.

It's crazy to think Mousasi is only 30, dude has been in the game so long. Hall is 31.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I hope Mousasi chokes out Hall this weekend and Hall goes to Bellator where he stops being a straight pussy ala Phil Davis.

It's crazy to think Mousasi is only 30, dude has been in the game so long. Hall is 31.

Kendall Grove has been complaining about lack of talent in the Bellator MW division. And if Kendal Grove complains about it, then you know you've got a problem. I envision that Hall would murder most folks in the Bellator MW division. That is until a guy like Halsey takes him down until he gets frustrated and mentally quits.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/22/ufc-legend-tank-abbott-ill-fight-ronda-rousey-no-chick-could-beat-me/

UFC icon Tank Abbott says there's NO WOMAN on Earth who could beat him in a fight -- Ronda Rousey included -- because at the end of the day ... "She's a girl."

Abbott went on a rant explaining why men are simply superior when it comes to combat -- saying Ronda would get rolled by Floyd Mayweather ... because she's got "all this emotional stuff" due to being a woman.

That's when 50-year-old Tank took it a step further on his podcast -- saying he would beat ANY woman in a fight ... and he's willing to put his money where his mouth is.

"I will fight any woman on this Earth for free," Abbott says.

"If I win, which is going to happen -- and you’re going to get bashed up good -- you have to make me a sandwich. If you win, I’ll give you $100,000."

Tank says there's one caveat -- "You can't be a tranny ... you gotta be a female. Born a female."

No word if Tank's had any offers -- but we're guessing there won't be a shortage of women looking to beat his ass after hearing this.

tempted to make a thread

VoxPop

Apparently Andy vs Bisping in April on Cain/Werdum card. If he can't beat Bisping...

Absolutely zero chance of Bisping getting the win here. Even if Anderson snapped his leg again, he'd still beat him. What a terrible fight though. But I guess it's always decently entertaining to see Bisping KO'd.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Barnett better beat Nelson, but I can see the former getting sloppy and walking into a telegraphed overhand right.

Rest of the card looks pretty boring tomorrow. Mousasi vs Hall has the potential to turn into a very bad kickboxing match with hardly any strikes thrown. TUF Japan finals is between a dude who went 0-3 previously in the UFC against a young guy with comically sloppy striking. I can't remember the rest of the fights on the card, but whatever, I will still watch it.

Got offered free tickets, but when I factored in the cost of traveling north up to Tokyo it wouldn't be worth it.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Got offered free tickets, but when I factored in the cost of traveling north up to Tokyo it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm still on the fence with the Melbourne show. My girlfriend and I may end up moving to Melbourne early next month so it's an option.

Top Bottom