• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I missed the first round, I assume Barnett was getting hammered. Because both guys are gassed as fuck.

Roy was on top most of the first round, but landed one real clean punch that apparently broke Josh's nose. They kept telling him not to blow his nose between rounds.

Crazy, heavy fight. I was entertained. Roy's done, he should retire. Entertaining card tonight.

Still
pjsalt.png
y that Mousasi got tko'd :'(

Roy's brain must resemble scrambled eggs at this point. He's been receiving serious shots by Arlovski, JDS, Werdum, Hunt, Overeem and Barnett was nailing him with some shots that would KO anyone.

I wonder if Roy's chin would have held up vs Carwin. That's one interesting fight i wish we got.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
They really need to use that Japanese translator more often. :3

And if JDS hammers Reem, I'd be down with Barnett vs. Overeem.

Alchemy

Roy's brain must resemble scrambled eggs at this point. He's been receiving serious shots by Arlovski, JDS, Werdum, Hunt, Overeem and Barnett was nailing him with some shots that would KO anyone.

I wonder if Roy's chin would have held up vs Carwin. That's one interesting fight i wish we got.

Why do you hate Roys brains :(

industrian

I just saw the Hall/Mousasi stoppage.

https://streamable.com/e3cu

That's some nasty fucking shit right there. Both hits were right on point.

As much as I hope that Hall will develop a killer instinct, I just know that his next fight will be a 29:28 split decision loss against Sam Alvey or something.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So Mir got a new contract with the UFC for 8 fights. Obviously the UFC does that with every big fighter so they don't jump over to Bellator...But I wouldn't be surprised if Mir tries to fight 8 more times. Please retire homie.

industrian

How many fights does Anderson have left on that 10-fight (or was it 15-fight?) contract he signed a few years ago?

Chesskid1

Banned
i want to see more backfists after missing a big overhand punch

like in the arlovski browne fight

i think roy threw one, its just an awesome technique and really unexepcted, i mean its natural to forget about that hand after it misses

edit: did you know the rousey/bethe weigh-in has 9 million+ views?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lol @ Gayguard talking the bait.

Decent night of fights. I don't expect any of the tuf Japan guys to do much, but they put on entertaining fights with their wrecklessness.

op_ivy

He should take solace in the fact that he was winning till he lost.

Seriously though rd 1 could have been a 10-8

op_ivy

I still think Hall is a can who will never amount to anything.
He's top 6, that's something. But yeah, he won't hold this position long. He's an interesting striker with a lot of power and that alone makes him a fun guy to watch though.

industrian

So that'll be Mousasi joining Rumble in counselling classes then. Or maybe Mousasi will be joining a special counselling class where he gets to fight Kendall Grove for the Bellator MW title.

I feel like we're going to get Machida vs. Hall working katas for five rounds in early 2016.

25 minutes, 25 total strikes.

industrian

I feel like "Your mother's a whore" seems like a go-to insult for Europeans.

For southern and eastern Europeans - not to mention people from the Middle East/Western Asia it still carries a lot of weight along with implying that your wife is unfaithful. That and calling someone or implying that someone is gay is still the most offensive thing you can say. Now you know how the Greek financial crisis happened.

I feel like "Your mother's a whore" seems like a go-to insult for Europeans.

Same as everywhere, bro.

1.) Your mother is a whore.

2.) You are gay.

3.) Thinly veiled racism.

4.) Demands of self-harm

5.) Threats of mortal danger.

You usually just go down the list until you realize what a fucking idiot child you are and grow up. It takes longer for some of us to get there.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'd watch in anticipation that something awesome might happen.
Me too :( Mousasi/Machida had me on the edge of my seat for 25 minutes. Although I think Lyoto may be done.
For southern and eastern Europeans - not to mention people from the Middle East/Western Asia it still carries a lot of weight along with implying that your wife is unfaithful. That and calling someone or implying that someone is gay is still the most offensive thing you can say. Now you know how the Greek financial crisis happened.
Lmao, brilliant post.

ApharmdX

Banned
Man that Uriah Hall spinning kick... just goes to show you that anything can happen in MMA. Mousasi has an iron chin, but it looked like it caught him on the side of the head, screwed up his equilibrium, and then that knee put him down.

I'm not going to get on the bandwagon of "lucky shot" but I'd be surprised if Hall makes a serious run at MW. He's a talented striker but he's crazy inconsistent. I still want to see more of him after this weekend, though.

Sloppy fight

Yeah, this was a terribly sloppy fight. I was surprised though at how Nelson dominated the wrestling.

Yaari

Saw some people get upset at the lucky shot thing. I don't think the kick was lucky, he probably practiced it for many many hours. But the area of impact surely was lucky, I don't for a second believe he anticipated Mousasi leaning in like that.

There's definitely some luck involved in how that landed. And he finished it off beautifully with the knee.

I wasn't really thinking we'd ever see the day where Mousasi would get finished by strikes anymore.

Top Bottom