• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Soa Palelei retired, and these jobbers got cut:

WW: Lewis Gonzalez (10-2, 0-1 UFC)
LW: Ivan Jorge (26-5, 2-2 UFC)
LW: Naoyuki Kotani (33-13-7, 0-5 UFC)
WW: William Macario (7-3, 1-3 UFC)
WW: Joe Merritt (6-1, 0-1 UFC)
LW: David Michaud (8-2, 1-2 UFC)
WW: Pawel Pawlak (11-2, 1-2 UFC)
WW: Hernani Perpetuo (17-5, 0-2 UFC)
LW: Vagner Rocha (11-4, 1-3 UFC)
WW: Amir Sadollah (6-5, 6-5 UFC)
LW: Leonardo Mafra Texeira (12-3, 1-3 UFC)
LW: Francisco Trevino (12-2, 1-2 UFC)
WW: T.J. Waldburger (16-9, 4-4 UFC)
MW: Luke Zachrich (14-4, 1-2 UFC)
WW: Roger Zapata (4-2, 0-1 UFC)

Total UFC Record: 19-38
I'm a self admitted Amir Sadollah fan and even I had no idea he was still active.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The only thing I remember Amir Sadollah doing was shitting up that Korean Zombie vs. Poirier card.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
well well well
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/...odys-and-standard-poors-tell-us-about-the-ufc

With an estimated $1.839 billion in revenue generated from 2005-2011, $250 million in fighter wages would represent 13.6% of all revenue. If the amount paid out to the fighters was $300 million than the fighters' share of revenue would rise to 16.3%.

In most of the North American major league sports collective bargaining agreements call for revenue splits of usually 50% of all revenue for the athletes. This is misleading since there are often exemptions to some of it so that it is not included in the revenue sharing agreement. Even if we adjust the players payroll as a share of the other league's revenue though our estimate of the fighters share of the UFC's revenue still comes in much lower.

EhhIAo8.png

hello fighter's union

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shit, that's bad. If the athletes are only getting 15% or so, how much is a guy like DC making?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hey, you can't hold them to the same standards as those other leagues. Just because Dana constantly uses them as justification for stripping away what little sponsorship money a fighter can get, doesn't mean you can bring it up to point out how wildly unfair the fighter pay structure is. That's just entirely unfair. Much like the fighter/ownership revenue split in the UFC.

Also you're starting to sound like a communist for even suggesting it. As an American, I'm offended.

industrian

I would go on a tangent about tennis players and golfers being more "analogous" to MMA fighters than team sports, but the sole problem with MMA is that there's no universal governing body or hierarchical structure in place for judging a fighter's "progression" and thus how much they are worth. Instead MMA just has a bunch of for-profit groups that are each in direct competition with each other. You'd need a FIFA or ATP for MMA before a union becomes feasible, and that would essentially mean merging every MMA organization in the world into one global entity. And that's not going to happen.

ApharmdX

Banned
Fight Night Dublin disaster is a new low for the UFC. They have got to get their house in order. There are too few stars and too many events.

Stipe vs Arlovski on the Condit vs Lawler card.

Should be pretty good. I think pitbull takes it.

I think so too. This is a good fight.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

And people said Reebok wouldn't help get the UFC any exposure.

Fight Night Dublin disaster is a new low for the UFC. They have got to get their house in order. There are too few stars and too many events.

What do you mean by that? Oh...

As a result of the injury, a flyweight clash between Patrick Holohan and Louis Smolka has been promoted to the main event.

Beg pardon? A fight between who and who now?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Seriously. How can somebody claim to be a fan and not know two people who aren't even ranked in the least popular UFC division?

brentech

Watching last night's TUF, God damn was Connor on point about TJ.
Over a couple of episodes it's amazing to see Connor call it out before it happens.

VoxPop

So fucking weird. I had a dream about Cody Garbrandt KO'ing someone in the cage and celebrating when I've never even watched the guy fight and now this.

Heel

Oh, fuck, it's THAT Patrick Holohan. Did you see him lay out Luro Morrison last month?

I think Holohab can win this fight, but Daryl Walcot showed that he's very submittable, and we both know that Louis Smolka is the best BJJ guy in the division.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Smolka's BJJ can hang with the likes of Adam Moscan, Brian Cowley etc. We're talking about a guy who barely squeaked a decision over Pablo Mora.

I guess we'll find out the truth on Saturday.

industrian

You ain't seen shit yet.

mxOsJ8J.png

Just imagine the fun that injuries can will play on this incredibly planned series of events.

Yaari

Naw I'm not too worried about Aldo making it. That won't end well if he drops out again. The amount of shit he's going to get for it will be endless. Lol.

I think they have Frankie Edgar as a backup for that fight. I remember reading that anyway.

Top Bottom