• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

ApharmdX

Banned
Let's take bets on how long it takes Jon Jones to get in some kind of controversy with drugs or the law. I saw he'll do it in under six months.

Chesskid1

Banned
jon jones is going to be a fucking killer when he comes back

sitting on the sidelines watching his peers, getting hungry to get back in there

hitting new records in his lifting based on his instagram, while not getting burned out/tired of overtraining, making sure his body is perfect with no nagging injuries.

being away might of made him a stronger fighter.

too bad there's no challenges for him.

what the hell is this?

976.png
Poor Reza Madadi. Makes his grand return only to probably be wall and stalled for three rounds by a TUF guy.

Middle of watching lion fight from my DVR. Good lord I've already seen 2 come from behind KO finishes. Really good stuff, love lion fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Pendred is smart. By showing us how terrible he is, he's definitely going to get that CM Punk fight.

Yaari

I hope he doesn't get Anderson Silva'd with all that taunting he will do.

He can eat a good punch, and he enjoys doing so. Anyone can get KO'd but I don't think Andy really liked taking shots too much.

Either way I love the taunting. Can't wait to see how Aldo responds to it.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
"We want to elevate the sport further and moving from a men's entertainment network to a dedicated sports network with broadcast affiliates will best serve this goal.

"Since we began, GLORY has delivered the most exciting stand-up fighting available and our fans worldwide will not miss that opportunity. Our next card, GLORY 25 Milan will air on US television, as will every card after that. We'll have an update on where to watch shortly. Stay tuned."
It's a big boy move getting out of the Spike TV favela.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I'm more excited about this fight too. Does Van Zant have better odds against Namajunas anyways? I'd think so but I've missed Rose's last couple fights I'm sure.
No, I'd take PVZ over Calderwood 9 times out of 10. Calderwood can't handle aggressive fighters (is a really slow starter), has poor footwork/head movement, and doesn't like getting hit. Mentally she seems to have a lot of problems too. PVZ would get up in her face immediately, clinch/wrestle (Calderwood's weak areas) and just wreck her. Calderwood won't be able to work her counter game at all.

Calderwood was the perfect *slight* step up in competition for PVZ. Rose will definitely be a tougher fight.

MjFrancis

I'll be happy if Thug Rose clinches the W in that case, Paige has her work cut out for her it would seem. I'm way behind on a bunch of fights.

calderwood is awful, thug rose vs pvz will at least be competitive. i think pvz is going to maul rose though like she's mauled everyone else.

industrian

Lose one fight and you go from being a potential contender to nothing. Calderwood really needs to win you guys over again.

She does need to get her head back in the game though. That and move to an American gym. Otherwise she'll end up being the female version of Bisping.

Dr. Kneevil is still one of my favorites, but I don't think she has it to take on the top of that division. I love watching her fight though.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Lose one fight and you go from being a potential contender to nothing. Calderwood really needs to win you guys over again.

She does need to get her head back in the game though. That and move to an American gym. Otherwise she'll end up being the female version of Bisping.
To be fair, she lost 2 fights very badly in a row, if you include her loss to Thug Rose on TUF. She also looked poor in her last win over Casey, which was a huge mismatch, and neither has she beat anybody in the top 10 of the division...

industrian

To be fair, she lost 2 fights very badly in a row, if you include her loss to Thug Rose on TUF. She also looked poor in her last win over Casey, which was a huge mismatch, and neither has she beat anybody in the top 10 of the division...

She didn't lose two in a row. She beat Seohee Ham on the TUF Final, and her performance against Rose must have impressed someone as it was considered the Fight of the Season. Her loss to Moroz is something that shouldn't have happened, and it took her forever to get started up against Casey, but like I said if she gets her head in the game and goes to a world-class gym she'll see her results improve.

industrian

Are you guys fucking with me? I'm inclined to believe anything stupid sounding in MMA but ... c'mon.

Top Bottom