• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

eXtv

Banned
Imagine if this fight had happened back in 2012. The K1 level striking hype would have been so real that Dana would've been on the phone to Hari and Hunt would've been put on the McGregor path to a title shot.

If Overeem knocked out JDS standing during his first title reign after he kilt Velasquez in one minute, his hype would be off the charts. Doesn't even bear thinking about. He wouldn't even be real.

Y'all remember how bad Reem clowned Werdum in the Strikeforce Grand Prix? Granted at least one of those two was on that Bane juice but was also fighting with a broken foot. It'd be interesting to see how the rematch would go. They're both better fighters than they were then (especially Werdum). It's a shame Werdum has to fight sea level Cain first though. I'm not interested in Cain vs anyone where Werdum vs just about any fighter in the division? #wouldwatch

iddqd

Y'all remember how bad Reem clowned Werdum in the Strikeforce Grand Prix? Granted at least one of those two was on that Bane juice but was also fighting with a broken foot. It'd be interesting to see how the rematch would go. They're both better fighters than they were then (especially Werdum). It's a shame Werdum has to fight sea level Cain first though. I'm not interested in Cain vs anyone where Werdum vs just about any fighter in the division? #wouldwatch

Could never take The Reem in the rematch. Werdum found his fighting spirit and would not just flop on the ground and the Reem is still a great K1 Striker made out of Glass.
A Werdum that beats Brown and Cain is HW No1 (Until Cain returns with a Gas tank and smothers him against the fence for 3 to 4 rounds and gets the ground and pound TKO)

broz0rs

The thing I noticed about Overeem is that before Winklejohn he always mean mugged while he fought, but now if you look at him he almost has this deer in the headlights expression that is just very focused.

Weckum

I did not expect Reem to win that.

Also, damn, Cerrone looked like shit.

Also, I loved Nate swearing and Joe trying his best not to have it happen again on Fox.

ApharmdX

Banned
Could never take The Reem in the rematch. Werdum found his fighting spirit and would not just flop on the ground and the Reem is still a great K1 Striker made out of Glass.
A Werdum that beats Brown and Cain is HW No1 (Until Cain returns with a Gas tank and smothers him against the fence for 3 to 4 rounds and gets the ground and pound TKO)

Reem beats Werdum. Styles make fights and Werdum still with that garbage wrestling. He can't get Overeem to the ground and, improved standup game aside, can't win standing. Overeem outpoints him or, maybe, TKO's him in round 4 or 5.

That said, Overeem wouldn't be able to hold the HW belt. He's one of the all-time great inconsistent fighters, lol.

MjFrancis

Overeem is so inconsistent I won't even hazard a guess on how a rematch with Werdum could go. I could easily piece together a few scenarios favoring either fighter. That's probably a good thing.

I certainly didn't bet on the Reem beating JDS.

Fox318

Frankie retweeted this

kJALmES.jpg

Yup. Frankie is by no means a walk in the park but 155 has a lot more guys who are more likely to end the fight at any given moment. It's the most stacked division in the UFC imo.

MjFrancis

I am having a hard time reconciling Anderson Silva with Fight Pass Exclusive. Never a combination I'd suspect, though it does make a bit of sense these days.

What's so wrong with one of the greatest fighters of all time joining the ranks of such luminaries as Patty Holohan, Ryan Laflare, Louis Smolka, and Thales Leites.

I did make money off Reem beating JDS. I just had a feeling based off future storylines and booking. I thought he would have faught him like he did Struve. Would have never guessed that he would have kept it standing

Even Porier vs Duffy is on the prelims on fight pass next weekend . That main card for condit vs lawler is terrible and they'd still rather put that on fight pass

Weckum

Silva putting The Count over as the new MW champion. Bisping gonna knock out Silva, title shot after that, Bisping wins and we have a new reigning MW champion. #Bisping2016

For someone with an avatar of Queen Swift dressed as Olaf you're really mean ;(

My first two MMA shows (getting into the sport) were headlined by him vs Leites and him vs Maia and I was so excited for both because "this Silva guy is so exciting and so great, you won't regret it" I was told. s.m.d.h

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It's good to see Bisping finally get to fight Anderson. And that's about it.

With Rockhold as champ... I wonder if Silva could get a title shot after 1-2 wins.

Yaari

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Bisping beat Andy. Who knows what Andy we'll get this time. Another year has passed.

What have they done to Bisping? Hes cross eyed and has a dead eye? Jesus Bisping...bob and weave...bob and weave!

So I guess they are not satisfied with the fight pass numbers and pulled a trick with Andy. It might work!

Anyone know where to watch the Rizin card live? I know it's on Spike via tape delay on like the 31st but I want some Fedor-y goodness tonight.

Top Bottom