• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Happy New Year MMA Bros.

I just got back from Sydney's fireworks display. But to be honest the Russian girls I saw with their tits hanging out was probably a better show.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They didn't show the Bob Sappu fight on Spike =

That Gabi Garcia fight was so hilarious. Ronda looked like Ali compared to those two.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They're putting this out as their New Years show?

Robbie Lawler (c) vs. Carlos Condit
Stipe Miocic vs. Andrei Arlovski
Albert Tumenov vs. Lorenz Larkin
Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
Abel Trujillo vs. Tony Sims
Michael McDonald vs. Masanori Kanehara
Kyle Noke vs. Alex Morono
Justine Kish vs. Nina Ansaroff
Drew Dober vs. Scott Holtzman
Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy
Joe Soto vs. Michinori Tanaka
Edgar Garcia vs. Sheldon Westcott

hqdefault.jpg

There seems to be zero hype for this. Demetrious Jognson level buyrate.

brentech

I'm really looking forward to
Diego Brandao vs. Brian Ortega
Been watching GracieBreakdown videos for a while and hope Ortego continues to do well in the UFC.

industrian

Cerrone is moving to welterweight? I don't blame him. He's 2-3 wins from a title shot there. But god help him if he gets the yips while fighting a guy like Lawler.

Read a rumor about Condit having suffered a severe concussion in training. That would suck.

UFC 378: Condit vs. Grant

What happened to Akebono? That head injury looked severe. I had to stop the video and couldnt continue watching with Sapp continuing to hit that poor fella on that spot.

I fast forwarded through the Sapp Akebono fight trying to figure out where the fight actually was in the 17 minute video. Seems like most of it was Akebono in the corner while they replayed clips of Sapp hitting him.

zewone

Dana said that he had Condit winning 3-2

Why can't they get the scoring system changed? Should be the #1 priority IMO

Isn't it up to the commission?

The fact that a popular saying in the sport is "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is a problem.

Isn't it up to the commission?

The fact that a popular saying in the sport is "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is a problem.

And Bellator/UFC can't put enough pressure on the comissions to alter the scoring system? You'd think it's in their best interests =/

And Bellator/UFC can't put enough pressure on the comissions to alter the scoring system? You'd think it's in their best interests =/

Dana has been openly bitching about judging for a decade and they don't give a fuck. He needs the NSAC as much if not more than they need him.

Also, despite all of Dana's bitching, I wonder how much he really wants or cares for a change. Close/controversial decisions just create opportunities for rematches.

VoxPop

Caught up on UFC 195.

Duffy/Porier, Larkin/Tumenov (those Andy Hug spin kicks from Larkin + sick bottom to top combos from Tumenov), and Lawler/Condit were all amazing to watch. Hope all these guys got a "locker room bonus".

Had Condit winning 3 to 2 but round 3 was a toss up. I'd still give the slight edge to Condit for the sheer volume of strikes he threw at Lawler.

Dana has been openly bitching about judging for a decade and they don't give a fuck. He needs the NSAC as much if not more than they need him.

Also, despite all of Dana's bitching, I wonder how much he really wants or cares for a change. Close/controversial decisions just create opportunities for rematches.

Thats true, ugh

industrian

Judging won't change. And what's the point in trying to change it? I doubt they could find a better way of judging it, as any other system would come down to the same exact shit: giving a personal choice of who won and giving them more points. The only thing you could do to the judging system right now is make it more complicated, and with that you'd just be opening the doors to more bitching and whining that Fighter A or Fighter B got robbed.

The only way I could see judging "made better" is if every fight that doesn't finish is scored a draw.

All judging needs is better judges, greater consistency, and the lack of fear in giving 10-8s and 10-7s.

That and judging provides great drama. Like in any sport, referee/judge decisions provide a large percentage of all the shit we talk about. Adjusting the judging system and making it more cold, methodical and sterile would just rob us of this entertainment.

I like the Matt Hume theory of awarding points based on who did the most damage / came closer to finishing. Don't know how they implement it though. Does OneFC use different scoring?

Kelsdesu

Lawler all the way, but I'm starting to get the feeling of how all those wars are going to catch up to him.

That fight was definitely a fight both fighters were thinking "I can't have more than three of these in my UFC career." God knows how many they had prior.

But Lawler gonna Lawler.

broz0rs

Max Kellerman has the best system.

"Who would you rather be once the round ends?"

complies with the 10 point system of boxing because the judge isn't going to provide proof of how many strike he/she counted anyway.

Top Bottom