• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
awesome video from BJJ Scout breaking down cruz's footwork

https://youtu.be/HNp3NmM9180?t=1m25s

simply amazing. cruz was before my time but after watching this i cant help but be a fan.

definitely watch this to see what to look for in his upcoming fight

edit: i wish that one guy would still post meltzer's articles on here, i miss reading them

Forgot to mention this last night: Thank you for this. It was a great, great watch.

I'm sure we'll see him fight considering Dana is personally traveling the country to cherry pick a fighter who is terrible enough to lose for sure but looks good getting off the bus.

scabro

CM Punk
sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg
vs Dana White

prowrestling vs boxercising

UFC 200

ixU5lZ5.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
lulz

https://www.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma/posts/1194121760656121:0

OFFICIAL FIGHT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Conor McGregor Vs Rafael Dos Anjos for the UFC Lightweight World Championship.
March 5th.
MGM Grand, Las Vegas.
LIVE ON PPV.

This McGregor Inc. executive business decision is brought to you by the King himself in association with EA Sports. 'McGregor is the Game.'

Mr. McGregor would like to thank the fans and the media for their patience in this decision.
Mr. McGregor was still busy counting the take from his last fight.

He has chosen to dedicate this demolition job to the loyal people of Brazil and all the fans around the globe who stay true to their roots and loyal to their land.

Mr. McGregor has said that Rafael is a traitor to his people and vows to "behead the 'American Gringo' Rafael Dos Anjos, in the name of La Brasilia!"

Viva la Brasil!

See you all in Las Vegas, March 5th!!!

The King returns!

11140020_1194121760656121_6684576217469008995_n.jpg

Yaari

Why tho? I get that they might not want the Pepsi logo in there, but the cobra?

Apparently the THQ games removed it too? I'm finding something about it being from GI Joe but I don't know if thats true. Either way they probably want to avoid issues.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
All Yoel Romero needs to do now to become the ultimate MMA heel is to cheat on his baby mama and crash his car into a pregnant lady.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Lawler tests positive sometime soon. He's been fighting for almost 15 years, is 33 years old (yet more jacked than he ever has been), and everybody at ATT (Lombard, Romero, Alves, etc.) have already been popped.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lawler tests positive sometime soon. He's been fighting for almost 15 years, is 33 years old (yet more jacked than he ever has been), and everybody at ATT (Lombard, Romero, Alves, etc.) have already been popped.
He's actually way smaller than he used to be and carries more fat too. His arms are still comically large for his frame, but they were ridiculous 10 years ago. He was definitely juicing back in the day, and probably still is... but if he hasn't been caught yet, I don't know if he will.

As Crocop's result demonstrates, the tests are easily beaten. Here are two reasons why (there are plenty more, I am sure):

1. Many drugs are out of your system quickly. If you are microdosing or off your cycle, there's a good chance you won't test positive. In fact, it's better than a good chance. You won't test positive, period.

2. Just like the criminal justice system, we abhor false positives (OK, like the criminal justice system in theory. As a result, you can be far outside normal reference ranges without getting busted. These guys with crazy T:E ratios and the like fall into this category. Tests for metabolites often have a fairly high threshold to get busted as well. Again, it's because we prefer false negatives to false positives; it's better to let a bunch of cheaters through the sieve than catch way more cheaters and a few clean guys too.

the current testing regime is a million times better than it was before, so maybe Lawler will fail the newer, slightly more difficult IQ test.

the sad thing is, the UFC, a cockfighting spectacle and not a sport, is way ahead of the mainstream sports in North America. the NHL, NBA, NFL, etc. all have laughable drug testing policies.

e: maybe I'm wrong about Lawler. I remember him being fucking massive earlier in his career but google image search is failnig me. I don't have the time to watch any old fights on ufc.tv right now.

zewone

So can we get that Jacare fight overturned? First, Jacare probably should have won that fight and Yoel was obviously on Jesus juice and fence grabbing + water bottle dumping.

ApharmdX

Banned
No, Jacare lost that fight (though it was close in the third) but yeah, it should be overturned.

Also, I for one am shocked that Romero pissed hot, shocked I tell you! LOL. That one was obvious.

Top Bottom