• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
looks like Dana wants him to fight Robbie Lawler next :)

Yes please. Nate would probably get KTFO but it's a winnable fight for him. That said, he's been-there-done-that in the welterweight division and got constantly wrestlefucked. 155 is the best division for him.

What up though

Aww you missed me :(

You think Diaz is gonna try to take Conor down? I love Nate but he has zero gameplan / fight iq. He will without a doubt keep it on the feet. That being said I don't see how Connor wins this. Nate is too damn big and Connors strengths are Nates stengths.

__

I had to watch my boy Cain get his ass handed to him in his home country.

He lost in Mexico though. Heyooo!

BSsBrolly

Banned
I think Conor gave up. When he didn't put Diaz away in the first, was getting tagged by those little punches, and Diaz kept eating his best shots. Being submitted was a way out for him.

geetec

Neo Member
Thank you Nate Diaz.

Damn. Easiest money of your life. Those who bet both Nate and Meisha hit Jackpot.
Loser thing to say - I knew I should of bet.

I feel Connor's arse was puckering near the end of the second round -- so he went for the double leg. Can't help but feel like he could of used the push kicks to the knees instead of trading blows.
Nate also has a black belt in trading punches to the face. Explains all the punch drunk interviews.

And I'm still pretty bummed that my boy Aldo lost. He should have decimated McGregor and stopped the hype train right there, but instead he just fell to McGregor's talk game (and straight left). He should shut up and just train to get the title back.

Anyway, I'm not glad Conor lost to Díaz or anything. Well, maybe a little, just to watch what uncle Dana will do next right now that all his favoritos have lost (Ronda, Sage, Vanzant, McGregor, and even Holm to Tate).

N° 2048

It's not that I liked seeing Connor lose it's that I hated his stupid comments about Nate teaching kids BJJ. That's such a low blow.

Then look at how easy the fucker got chocked out.

Banglish

It's not that I liked seeing Connor lose it's that I hated his stupid comments about Nate teaching kids BJJ. That's such a low blow.

Then look at how easy the fucker got chocked out.

That was hilarious at the pre-fight press conference. But the irony though, damn.
I was surprised at how gassed Conor was by the end of the first.

N° 2048

The slap:
https://fat.gfycat.com/UntriedClearKodiakbear.webm

The game changer:
giphy.gif

That extra burn:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCmwsJFuPqw/

The man:

As an Irishman, I just want to say, thank you Nate Diaz. Not all of us are Conor nutriders and this is one hype train I'm happy to see come to a grinding halt.

industrian

As an Irishman, I just want to say, thank you Nate Diaz. Not all of us are Conor nutriders and this is one hype train I'm happy to see come to a grinding halt.

I wonder what would be considered worse to your cousin. You saying this, or you wearing a Rangers shirt.

I wonder what would be considered worse to your cousin. You saying this, or you wearing a Rangers shirt.

The rangers shirt would be the most offensive. Now that Conors lost hell be back to supporting Celtic and all the usual shit dumb ass republicans fell they have to support to prove their Oirish-ness

industrian

The rangers shirt would be the most offensive. Now that Conors lost hell be back to supporting Celtic and all the usual shit dumb ass republicans fell they have to support to prove their Oirish-ness

Well throw up a red hand for me the next time Conor comes up in a discussion. ;)

I get what you mean though. If Conor McGregor was Scottish and acted the same way I'd cringe myself out of existence. There's a lot of elements in Scottish culture that rub me the wrong way, and most of those I imagine are prevalent in Ireland as well.

SteveWD40

Well throw up a red hand for me the next time Conor comes up in a discussion. ;)

I get what you mean though. If Conor McGregor was Scottish and acted the same way I'd cringe myself out of existence. There's a lot of elements in Scottish culture that rub me the wrong way, and most of those I imagine are prevalent in Ireland as well.

Being English and not hating Bisping has been a hard road. He has improved over the years thank fuck.

I always wanted Pearson and Pickett to take off, both top guys with no weird ego bullshit.

zatara

Are we pretending that Nate wasn't getting his ass whupped?

He got lit up with strikes. It was far from unwinnable. Conor's gas tank failed him.

Nate took all those shots and while it bloodied him up, none of them rocked him. The Diaz boys eat punches for dinner, his volume was going to wear Conor down eventually with the way Conorn was going at him.

Yeah theres alot of similarities with Scottish culture alright. seems like theres a checklist of thing you need to do in order to be properly Oirish (or at least, a Dubliner), those being 1) Support Celtic 2)Watch GAA every sunday 3)Support McGregor 4)Drink Guinness 5)Oppose water charges 6)Vote Sinn Fein

Of those, only #5 applies to me

Was happy to see Tate finally get the belt, she was probably never gonna take it from Honda so realistically Holm was her one shot at glory and fair play to her for finally doing it. It just a shame that Honda will come back and armbar her straight into the halls of Valhalla

zewone

I can't believe that's a real article.

The game is so fickle. People saying they do shit for the fans should stop.

Fuck the fans.

I'm not going to visit the UFC 196 OT anymore, it's just turned into excuses and bullshit.

That article is pure trash, it's sherdog troll levels of stupidity, every fighter loses at some point.

*sigh*

This guy also wrote an article titled 'Ronda Rousey Isn't as Popular as UFC Thinks' right before she became the biggest mainstream star in mma.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/ronda-rousey-ufc-miesha-tate-popularity

I also noticed most of his articles are about pro wrestling or poker. Maybe he should stick to those.

EDIT: Browsing through the UFC-GAF thread (UFC 196 OT) and Ninja wins the award for comment of the thread ...

I feel like I'm talking to an Affliction shirt sometimes.

jugo

Neo Member
Conor losing brought out all the casual super xxxpert MMA fans.

Him winning was what brought in most of them. But it's funny seeing a community that would otherwise take most comments in stride get so worked up. Guess some bought into the hype more than they would like to admit.

Top Bottom