• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
God fucking damn.

I'm literally laughing my ass off at how that ended. I fucking love Mark Hunt.

zsswimmer

I wonder if the ref would've stopped it had he not walked away, Mir's guard was up and we all know he's dangerous as hell on the ground, even when rocked

industrian

I wonder if the ref would've stopped it had he not walked away, Mir's guard was up and we all know he's dangerous as hell on the ground, even when rocked

To be honest, Mir still looked like he was in it.

But with that said: Hunt has no time for going to the ground with a guy like Mir, and do you really want Mir to be stood back up in that condition?

zsswimmer

To be honest, Mir still looked like he was in it.

But with that said: Hunt has no time for going to the ground with a guy like Mir, and do you really want Mir to be stood back up in that condition?

Yeah I mean I'm not disputing the knockout but I think theoretically if Hunt had not walked off and instead tried to GnP the finish he may have been caught. Like you said though he would probably not even do that, it just looked like a strange walk off KO when the guy is still somewhat there, especially considering the fight that came before it lol

industrian

Ref probably thought that too but when he ran over to Frank it looked like he noticed he was done. Good job.

This too. Goddard is a good ref, I trust him with decisions like this.

Yeah I mean I'm not disputing the knockout but I think theoretically if Hunt had not walked off and instead tried to GnP the finish he may have been caught. Like you said though he would probably not even do that, it just looked like a strange walk off KO when the guy is still somewhat there, especially considering the fight that came before it lol

I think the odds would favour Hunt just smashing the fuck out of Mir rather than Mir sleepwalking into a submission like he did with Nog. That and the only thing the ref could have done would be to stand Mir up for more punishment. It's the same with the Stefan Struve fight.

Mentioning Stefan Struve... maybe it's time for him to fight Frank Mir. Both guys have similar skillsets.

ApharmdX

Banned
That fucking Steve Percival- one of the worst ref jobs I have ever seen. That's the kind of shit that leaves fighters with brain damage.

The main event, I loved it. Hunt by walkoff KO. Who doesn't love that?

industrian

broz0rs

that Hunt KO was beautiful. Mir kept trying to duck punches without moving his feet. Hunt feigned a punch that baited Mir to duck and Hunt fucking nailed him.

industrian

Hunt vs. JDS next! Let Hunt get his revenge!

JDS is getting retired by Ben Rothwell in three weeks.

If Hunt is still considered in the mix for a title shot, then fighting the winner of Overeem/Arlovski makes sense. If he's on the retirement or "avenge losses" circuit then let Hunt/Barnett headline the next show in Japan.

dem

Holy shit I thought Frank was supposed to be looking lean going into this fight??

Frank's sloppy ponch was the star of the show. He looked like SHIT.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The UFC's lawyers are fast.

When a fighter like Magny looks at the ref as if to say "I can keep doing this all night" then you know the fight should have been stopped already.

Dude's arms were getting tired. As soon as he looked at the ref he switched it up to hammer fists and changed position. It's rare that you see almost complete anger at a ref for not stopping a fight, but that was pathetic. Lombard was still so out of it in the third that somebody should have stopped it between rounds at the latest.

Top Bottom