• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Watched the fights last night. Is Mir cutting to make 265 now? He went from HGH belly to to just belly.

I havent had any coffee yet but is the thing here that someone usually posts the finishes on reddit and a UFC staffer gets them pulled down immediately but this time it was hidden as a thing for caraway fans and nobody from UFC bothered to check?

EDIT: Shit - no UFC til 4/10 :(

The lack of signature moves in EA UFC 2 is ridiculous. They nailed signature stances and animations, but forgot the moves. I miss UFC 3. They had all the signature takedowns for certain fighters as well as strikes. This is by far my main complaint with the game so far, that and the ground game defense.

I really doubt we will see a Pride mode ever. Playing UFC 2 makes me think just how Undisputed 4 would have been.

JDS is getting retired by Ben Rothwell in three weeks.

If Hunt is still considered in the mix for a title shot, then fighting the winner of Overeem/Arlovski makes sense. If he's on the retirement or "avenge losses" circuit then let Hunt/Barnett headline the next show in Japan.

Rothwell is the perfect fight for JDS. Big Ben was getting lit up by Barnett in the standup, leaving himself wide open in his bear stance. JDS can KO an elephant and is far too slick for Ben. His road to the title ends there. JDS moves on and fights AA while Reem gets the winner of Stipe/Werdum. Hunt gets winner of Browne/Cain.

I'd like to see Barnett thrown in the mix too. Maybe vs Struve or Zaga for a rebound fight.

Levito

Banned
Is no one really excited for Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold 2? I loved the first fight and kinda can't wait for the rematch.

Is no one really excited for Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold 2? I loved the first fight and kinda can't wait for the rematch?

It's Chris Weidman. I'd be excited for a fight involving him if I expected it to happen without a delay or injury postponing/cancelling it

So basically I'm going to be hype for a Weidman fight again in...2019, his retirement fight, aka his next fight after this one because he'll tear something 3 consecutive times

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
smoke weed everyday
12093775_1768986613337146_2103024727_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDMqPWmuPkg/?hl=en

I don't smoke so no, I don't need ice cubes. Why you know where I can get some?

EDIT: Venator signed Paul Harris. They're assembling quite the rogues gallery over there.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
EDIT: Venator signed Paul Harris. They're assembling quite the rogues gallery over there.

Their card planned for the 21 May:

Paul Harris vs. Emil Meek
Luke Barnatt vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs Matt Hamill
Igor Araujo vs Marvin Vettori
Che Mills vs Roberto Rigamonti
Karl Moore vs Pietro Cappelli

Fitts

Holy shit! I stopped getting my hopes up a long time ago because New York State is fucking stupid, but here we go!

Sorry Boston I love ya, but no more excessive travel for me.

Levito

Banned
Looking for to statements from Dana or Lorenzo that they'll be putting together a "UFC 100 caliber card at MSG" but fail to deliver.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Common sense prevailed at last.

Looking for to statements from Dana or Lorenzo that they'll be putting together a "UFC 100 caliber card at MSG" but fail to deliver.

You'll get Demmy Johnson vs. Dominic Cruz 2 and you'll like it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Plus really, can you be an actual journalist while also working part time for the network that is heavily invested in the company you're covering? MMA journalism is probably as much a joke as videogame journalism, though.

Levito

Banned
The only UFC I've been to live was UFC 149 in Calgary--universally considered the worst UFC PPV of all time.

The fights were terrible, but I had a good time. I got a hug from Wanderlei Silva and a fist bump from Bret Hart. lol

Guru-Guru

Banned
I hope his shoulder has fully recovered in the time he was away.
It's pretty crazy when you realize his last fight was in August 2013. There are a bunch of other promising Korean fighters that are going to have their career put on hold for 2 years because of military service. :(

Top Bottom