• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Funny note from this weeks observer

d on the size issue, although each ended up having substantial MMA careers. They did make an offer to Henry Cejudo, who Vince McMahon at one point wanted as Mighty Mouse (McMahon also had that idea at one point for Neville), which is ironic since the WWE’s idea for Mighty Mouse is facing Mighty Mouse for the UFC flyweight title on 4/23. Cejudo turned down the offer to go into MMA. Cejudo is far smaller than they recruit, but they had the idea of a small Luchador to replace Rey Mysterio, the spot that Kalisto ended up getting

The only UFC I've been to live was UFC 149 in Calgary--universally considered the worst UFC PPV of all time.

The fights were terrible, but I had a good time. I got a hug from Wanderlei Silva and a fist bump from Bret Hart. lol

:(

I've been to UFC 129 - GSP vs Shields, UFC 140 - Jones vs Machida and UFC 165 Jones vs Gus

I've had good luck with events :p

My first was 128. I got to see Jones get his belt. Looking back the rest of that card was pretty stacked and I met a lot of fighters in the audience. I subsequently saw a fight night in Atlantic City which wasn't as good - it was the one where Guida ran away from Grey Maynard for the whole fight.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I saw ... a local Taiwanese MMA event in 2012. I won tickets to see it when watching Silva/Sonnen 2 at a bar - but I also had a ticket from my gym as one of the guys I trained with was making his debut.

I was considering going to see a One FC event in Taipei but getting there from my office would have been painful.

If you can sit up close at a local event you really get a feel for how hard these guys are hitting each other. I saw two local events in Harrisburg - both of which Dennis Bermudez fought at pre-UFC and it was pretty incredible. When you watch it on TV you sorta forget these are two human beings made of flesh and skin and pain receptors hitting each other super fast and super hard.

brentech

https://youtu.be/LU-LNyPUwi8

Bas Rutten explaining KO mode in UFC2 with one of the game's producers.

surprise.gif

Amazing

ForsakenImmaculateHammerkop.gif

scabro

Cat Zingano vs Cyborg seems like is a thing that is going to happen

good fight

or maybe Gina but i doubt its her. shes not coming back.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've no idea why DC brought this up.

He's essentially just (at worst) accused Herb of favouring Jones or (at best) just said Herb is incompetent. Nothing good will come from it, and it basically just makes DC look like a whining little bitch considering how thoroughly dominated he was by Jones in their first fight. And whilst others have their say on Herb, I'd say he's the second best referee in the business next to Goddard.

Fox318

He's essentially just (at worst) accused Herb of favouring Jones or (at best) just said Herb is incompetent. Nothing good will come from it, and it basically just makes DC look like a whining little bitch considering how thoroughly dominated he was by Jones in their first fight. And whilst others have their say on Herb, I'd say he's the second best referee in the business next to Goddard.

Only thing with herb is you are gonna get a late stoppage for the person with the bigger reputation.

Didn't he not call the Rockhold finish at the end of the first round in December?

ApharmdX

Banned

I rewatched the first fight tonight and there was a lot of stalling and not a lot of damage. That said, I think this move by DC is more to put Herb Dean on blast and maybe force him to be more proactive about calling stalls in this fight. Who knows if it will work in DC's favor but it's probably smart.

The LHW division is in an odd state. Unless Jones has made vast progress in his sub game, it's likely that JJ/DC 2 goes his way in another dull decision. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but the next fight has got to be Johnson/Jones. Nothing else makes sense. And Cormier, if he loses, needs to consider retirement. He's done as much in MMA as he could have. DC is a great fight but if he can't beat Jones this time he's not going to beat him, period.

The only other time I recall a fighter protesting a ref before the fight was when Lesnar asked NSAC to not let Mazagatti ref his fight vs Mir.

good read about Werdum's main sparring partner

Orlando's Magic
dude is the owner of a Gracie Barra gym here in an LA suburb and his gym went through some recent turmoil with nearly all his competition team and higher ranked belts defecting to other gyms because of recent allegations against Sanchez. I won't bring up what kind of allegations because there isn't hard evidence but you can probably search for it.

Against a former 125er.

I wouldn''t mind seeing Cyborg fight women her size but she has garbage technique and wins purely by being way stronger.

FUME5

God damn it Jones.

And what kind of matchmaking is that, they going to try and bill Leslie Smith as "Cyborgs toughest challenge yet".

C'mon.

Yaari

Dana already going "Nobody wanted this fight". Lol. We've already seen both Miesha and Holly campaigning for it.

Not sure what their goal is here. Cyborg will never make 135 so their only goal seems to be make a new division out of it. Why else even bother bringing her in? Even a catchweight is weird, if you have Cyborg smashing your top contender but never getting to 135 to go for the title.

Dana already going "Nobody wanted this fight". Lol. We've already seen both Miesha and Holly campaigning for it.

Not sure what their goal is here. Cyborg will never make 135 so their only goal seems to be make a new division out of it. Why else even bother bringing her in? Even a catchweight is weird, if you have Cyborg smashing your top contender but never getting to 135 to go for the title.

The goal is to get money from Cyborg fans. But the whole thing is definitely a waste of time.

Fights in Brazil

Need something to sell wolf tickets

Fox318

You would figure Jon would just use an uber at this point.

Shit if he uses lyft he might be able to get his ride and his high at the same time.

#pullinforDC

Top Bottom