• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This reminds me of the time I went to my local grocery store for a video-game related cake, one with Rosalina on it. It was for me (yes, I buy cakes for myself on my birthday, it's not weird lots of people do it I bet), and I got the weirdest looks when I asked them to do it. To add insult to injury, they didn't even know who Rosalina was. Yes, believe it or not, there are people who are employed to create children cakes who don't know who Rosalina is. Please, don't face-palm all at once. One of them at least knew what Mario was, but pointed to one of the stock cakes they have with Princess Peach on it. I had to hold back my laughter so I didn't offend them.

To make a long story short, I actually had to go home and print some pictures of Rosalina off to show them---just to be safe, I went with five good pictures, some official renders, some of it really high quality Rosalina fan art (choosing which ones to use was a difficult matter in itself) just to make sure they got her good side.

eT4hhtb.jpg

As you can see, I was NOT satisfied with it and complained to the manager. This got me the cake for free and, hey, I was happy. I felt guilty getting it for totally free though, I just wanted a discount, so I bought some cupcakes along with it. Light blue and yellow like Rosalina, of course.

I felt bad eating the cake so I kind of just let it sit on my kitchen counter for awhile, and when it started to melt, put it in my freezer. It's still in there---I don't have the heart to eat it. :(

I would like to think fake, but no.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
A lot of Nintendo fans in this site show signs of being social deviants. It's why I don't share my NNID outside of this thread. Even if that particular post is fake, you can bet your ass there are many people here with that distorted mindset.
I want a make a more elaborate comment about deviants and this site but it'd probably get me perma'd. No criticizing the hugbox after all. That's material for the locker room.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, that post is fake...it was a bad attempt at a joke. You can look through my history and see I've never been actually that type of poster. And the cake is actually from Google, the original said "Happy Birthday Julia" which I cut off.

But I think it certainly says something that people thought someone would actually do that...

bone_and_sinew

O-Acetylpsilocin (synthesized shrooms) and Black Label. For the first time in my life. Holy fuck. There are 4 hours of missing time I can't account for.

O-Acetylpsilocin (synthesized shrooms) and Black Label. For the first time in my life. Holy fuck. There are 4 hours of missing time I can't account for.

Did it occur to you during that time that the 12-6 elbow rule is ridiculous and the jab is the most under utilized weapon in mma?

VoxPop

So cancel ufc 186 or nah?

Only until Dana is telling you how great of a card it is.

I'm actually decently excited for Horiguchi to end Mighty Mouse's run and to have the first Asian UFC champion. He is a class above all the other Asian cans that Pride spit up.

But yeah the rest of that card is shit. Not like a Maldonado fight was holding it afloat anyway.

iddqd

I'm actually decently excited for Horiguchi to end Mighty Mouse's run and to have the first Asian UFC champion. He is a class above all the other Asian cans that Pride spit up.

Is he really that good? The only thing I remember about him is the fact that he did NOT want the title shot right away.

I'm a die hard fan that never misses an event and that one is so shit I'd be hard pressed to dvr it let alone pay for it. Setting the bar at 5k buys.

VoxPop

iddqd said:
Is he really that good? The only thing I remember about him is the fact that he did NOT want the title shot right away.

He's not a world beater or anything but a solid contender. A unique striking style with legit KO power. He's definitely a step above guys like McCall, Cariaso, and Moraga. I'd put him just a step below guys like Benavidez/Dodson. I can realistically say he could steal 2 rounds from Mighty Mouse with his unorthodox striking and stellar grappling.

UYRhPck.png

Remember when Canada had good cards? Bloodborne costs the same.

Canada is about the same level as Brazil now in terms of importance since GSP is gone. Unless Rory makes it past Lawler I guess. But even then he'll never be as big a star.

iddqd

Time to email my buddy again who went and got expansive tickets to that show before all this happened.
This will be email no 2 where I send condolences.

Since the start of the Fox era (Dec 2012), the average buy rate is $395,345. The two events headlined by MM did $115k* and $205k.

*Johnson vs Baugitnov was the lowest viewed PPV since 2005 - Arlovski vs Eilers.

VoxPop

Big Nog vs Struve @ UFC 190

Should have just put this on the same card as Gonz CroCop so winners/losers could fight each other. On the same night.

Also..

UbW3xMO.png

That Rockhold/Machida card is looking delish

They should honestly put all their big contender fights / non title superfights on free TV since thats what the casuals will most likely be watching. Not to mention, Mighty Mouse should never be headlining.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Big Nog vs Struve @ UFC 190

Struve should be winning this one quite easily. The winner of this fight should face the winner of Mir/Duffee.

That Rockhold/Machida card is looking delish

What sorcery is this? Four out of four of the main card fights are relevant to their divisions:

1) If Rockhold wins he's easily the No. 1 contender. If Machida wins convincingly he's relevant again.
2) Either Souza or Romero could stake a claim to be No. 1 contender with a win. And if Machida wins against Rockhold the winner of this fight will probably be the No. 1 contender.
3) Holloway could break through into the top 5 with a win. Cub needs a win to bounce back from being humiliated by Edgar.
4) :)

Mighty Mouse should never be headlining.

I believe that's the plan, but injuries keep fucking it up. At this point I can see Mighty Mouse defend his belt 20 times - which would provide less buzz in the fanbase and media than a mid-card heavyweight fight.

VoxPop

Struve should be winning this one quite easily. The winner of this fight should face the winner of Mir/Duffee.

What sorcery is this? Four out of four of the main card fights are relevant to their divisions:

1) If Rockhold wins he's easily the No. 1 contender. If Machida wins convincingly he's relevant again.
2) Either Souza or Romero could stake a claim to be No. 1 contender with a win. And if Machida wins against Rockhold the winner of this fight will probably be the No. 1 contender.
3) Holloway could break through into the top 5 with a win. Cub needs a win to bounce back from being humiliated by Edgar.
4) :)

I believe that's the plan, but injuries keep fucking it up. At this point I can see Mighty Mouse defend his belt 20 times - which would provide less buzz in the fanbase and media than a mid-card heavyweight fight.

I don't see Struve beating any version of Nog the GOAT HW.

Who the hell is this Thomas Almeida guy?

17-0, All but one of his fights (of course his UFC debut) are finishes. 14 being in the first round.

I also have pretty high hopes for Aljamain Sterling but Takeya Mizugaki is a tough tough fight for him. Unless Cruz took his soul with that beatdown in his last fight.

bone_and_sinew

Playing Bloodborne while drunk is the hardest thing ever. DBP is beating the shit out of me.

Without planning it, I've gone on a 4 day bender. I had no intention today until a bouncer who rarely drinks busted out a bottle of deliciously smooth Cuban rum that was gifted to him. Damn him. I don't even like rum but it was legit tasty.

Aw hell might as well make it 5 days. My best friend bartends tonight, it's snitch-free Wednesday, I got in a fight with my miss AND passed over for a promotion. I'm thinking I should start getting tanked when my Barça boys play.

dream

The more surprising thing about that card is finding out that not only is my real life good friend "Shaolin" Shane Campbell is fighting in the ultimate, but he's making his debut on the main card of a PPV.

VoxPop

Nate Diaz vs Matt Brown added to UFC 189

Aldo x McGregor
Lawler x MacDonald
Diaz x Brown
Hendricks x Woodley is rumored as well

Sick card.. For now

industrian

Nate Diaz vs Matt Brown added to UFC 189

Aldo x McGregor
Lawler x MacDonald
Diaz x Brown
Hendricks x Woodley is rumored as well

Sick card.. For now

A Diaz Brother vs. Matt Brown is the fight we all wanted to see. Guaranteed brawl.

industrian

I saw Nate Diaz as an entertaining rebound fight for Anthony Pettis. But I don't blame a guy like that for not wanting to cut weight any more. There's a good set of fights for him at 170, including Matt Brown, Erick Silva, Ben Saunders, etc.

scabro

they key is not to get hyped for any card, that way you aren't disappointed when it crumbles down to the fucking ground

Top Bottom