• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

MjFrancis

That Rockhold/Machida card is looking delish.
I've been sleeping on this card. Looks solid enough, and the comparison pic with UFC 186 emphasizes just how much more entertainment value it has than that card on paper.

I'll have to get my rabbit ears back on my television in a week so I can watch it.

VoxPop

Might actually go to that Rockhold/Machida card with a friend. They still have tickets and I can get mediocre seats for cheap. I've been wanting to see Romero get finished but he always escapes with his life somehow. Hopefully somehow Jacare finishes him with strikes.

In other news

Anthony "Humble" Johnson said:
Damn 6 outta 7 Days? I'm impressed lol you just might beat me 6 outta 7 day's but that's fine cuz I can end your Life and career in 1

Gus is a bish for that one especially after Rumble was humble and genuinely felt bad about knocking his ass out.

Gus gotta come back down to earth. Bro, the biggest accomplishments in your career is losing to Jon Jones and getting a decision win over Shogun.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Gus is a bish for that one especially after Rumble was humble and genuinely felt bad about knocking his ass out.

Gus gotta come back down to earth. Bro, the biggest accomplishments in your career is losing to Jon Jones and getting a decision win over Shogun.
He's so delusional that he can't even admit he lost the Bones fight even though it has been over 1.5 years.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Rumble winning the title would be the greatest thing to happen to this sport since Robbie Lawler won it. I'm rooting hard for him to beat Jones.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rumble winning the belt would be one of the greatest comebacks in the history of all sport, not just MMA.

Until he got re-signed by the UFC years ago Rumble's name was a literal joke. His Wikipedia page was vandalised more times than a derelict building in Detroit. How we laughed at "Rumbleweight" and how poly would tweet him wondering if he could still make 265lb to fight Arlovski. If he beats Jones it'd be like the Bills winning the Super Bowl, Newcastle winning the EPL, the Nuggets winning the NBA, et al, etc.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Completely unrelated but I was looking at the list of events to see what good upcoming fights there are and came across this:

Number of events by year

1993 - 1
1994 - 3
1995 - 4
1996 - 5
1997 - 5
1998 - 3
1999 - 6
2000 - 6
2001 - 5
2002 - 7
2003 - 5
2004 - 5
2005 - 10
2006 - 18
2007 - 19
2008 - 20
2009 - 20
2010 - 24
2011 - 27
2012 - 31
2013 - 33
2014 - 46

McNabb-Blank-Stare_GIF.gif

2015 - 10

We could feel the oversaturation but seeing the numbers that back it up is just something else.

FACE

Banned
Rumble winning the belt would be one of the greatest comebacks in the history of all sport, not just MMA.

Until he got re-signed by the UFC years ago Rumble's name was a literal joke. His Wikipedia page was vandalised more times than a derelict building in Detroit. How we laughed at "Rumbleweight" and how poly would tweet him wondering if he could still make 265lb to fight Arlovski. If he beats Jones it'd be like the Bills winning the Super Bowl, Newcastle winning the EPL, the Nuggets winning the NBA, et al, etc.

I didn't get any of those sports analogies.

Just got th this email

Pro Wrestling Tees is proud to announce our partnership with the "Four Horsewomen" of MMA! Ronda, Jessamyn, Shayna, and Marina have partnered with us to officially launch ArmbarApparel.com! Armbar Apparel will be "the MMA version of ProWrestlingTees.com" and is scheduled for launch this summer. Stay tuned to ProWrestlingTees.com and ArmBarApparel.com for more info!

UFC Fighter going into business for themselves

scabro

Completely unrelated but I was looking at the list of events to see what good upcoming fights there are and came across this:

Number of events by year

1993 - 1
1994 - 3
1995 - 4
1996 - 5
1997 - 5
1998 - 3
1999 - 6
2000 - 6
2001 - 5
2002 - 7
2003 - 5
2004 - 5
2005 - 10
2006 - 18
2007 - 19
2008 - 20
2009 - 20
2010 - 24
2011 - 27
2012 - 31
2013 - 33
2014 - 46

McNabb-Blank-Stare_GIF.gif

2015 - 10

We could feel the oversaturation but seeing the numbers that back it up is just something else.

i believe counting the last 2 events there's like 12 events over 13 weeks or something crazy like that.

Daredevil is highly recommended.
could ronda beat daredevil in a fight?

pixelation

So anyone here practice MMA or boxing?, i'm an amateur boxer myself (not a lot of mma gyms down here), but the reason why i ask is... how do you feel about sparring with a guy that nearly doubles your weight?, i was asked to spar with said guy today so i did. My problem was that... the trainer was un-happy because i was hitting him with flurries and then keeping my distance (i normally don't do this... but he has a tremendous weight advantage over me), i mean i'm not stupid... and don't wanna end up stupid. I was sort of peeved i mean, he was heavier/taller to boot, why in the world should i stand within harms reach when i can stick and move?, i'm outpunching the guy by several punches and avoiding getting hit. I think it's a sound strategy but i guess he knows better...

scabro

So anyone here practice MMA or boxing?, i'm an amateur boxer myself (not a lot of mma gyms down here), but the reason why i ask is... how do you feel about sparring with a guy that nearly doubles your weight?, i was asked to spar with said guy today so i did. My problem was that... the trainer was un-happy because i was hitting him with flurries and then keeping my distance (i normally don't do this... but he has a tremendous weight advantage over me), i mean i'm not stupid... and don't wanna end up stupid. I was sort of peeved i mean, he was heavier/taller to boot, why in the world should i stand within harms reach when i can stick and move?, i'm outpunching the guy by several punches and avoiding getting hit. I think it's a sound strategy but i guess he knows better...
i knew a guy who was an amateur boxer, and he always said that the mouthpiece wasn't to protect your mouth, it was so you had something to bite down while you close your eyes and swung.

was he successful? that's not important. the moral of the story is that you shouldn't knock up your side piece while your existing girlfriend is already pregnant.

I wouldn't try to get hit in the head though, no.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i knew a guy who was an amateur boxer, and he always said that the mouthpiece wasn't to protect your mouth, it was so you had something to bite down while you close your eyes and swung.

was he successful? that's not important. the moral of the story is that you shouldn't knock up your side piece while your existing girlfriend is already pregnant.

I wouldn't try to get hit in the head though, no.
lmao

industrian

I'm guessing the trainer lost money on Diaz vs. Condit.

industrian

Greatest knockout of all time. I was at Eraldo_Coil's place and he kept on saying Duffee was going to get Homer'd. We marked out when it happened.

I actually had just recently started watching MMA at that point.

The first card I saw live was GSP vs. Hardy. I was living in Korea then. Good times.

That was half a decade ago now. Godamn how time flies.

industrian

Is this another early/late card? :/

I'm going to sleep now (3.25am) and I'll see you guys in 10 hours. Hopefully my man Manuwa has a highlight-reel KO, my girl Jojo gets a step closer to getting a title shot, and both Gonzaga and Cro-cop hit a double left high kick KO in the dying seconds of the last round.

Top Bottom