• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

VoxPop

If Brock decides to try and box hunt Ronda style then hes gonna get his face smashed in.

I just see Brock charging in for a double and trying to get mount.

I mean Mir didn't attempt any takedowns in the last Hunt fight.

Hence why its so close. Brock should be an overwhelming favorite.

Ninja Scooter said:
Are fights like that even worth betting on?

Lines were similar for the Stipe/Werdum fight. Sounded too good to be true and was obviously a trap from smartie pants Vegas.

My basic rule of thumb is never bet on HW fights. No matter how good the lines. You're talking to the guy who bets on the Gatorade color during the Superbowl.

Fox318

Shame with Brock is that he never really cared about his striking or submission catch wrestling or BJJ.

Imagine if Brock had the type of diverse gameset as a Randy Couture or Josh Barnett?

Levito

Banned
Brock's biggest problem is his mental strength, he tends to fade really quickly if he faces adversity. I still think he would've demolished Overoid if he'd bullrushed him and taken him down but Brock was clearly very intimidated by him.

VoxPop

Shame with Brock is that he never really cared about his striking or submission catch wrestling or BJJ.

Imagine if Brock had the type of diverse gameset as a Randy Couture or Josh Barnett?

Yup. I always thought him sticking in Minnesota to train instead of diversifying back then was a huge mistake. He could have been really great. Even better if he started straight out of college.

MjFrancis

My basic rule of thumb is never bet on HW fights. No matter how good the lines. You're talking to the guy who bets on the Gatorade color during the Superbowl.
A good rule of thumb, it's a division of glass cannons dishing out big hits. Too many fights have gone South for the fighter who was perceived as "winning" than I can count.

Fox318

TLFWCPT.png

1 last hbomb

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm so torn. I wanna see Hendo take the belt, hut he really doesn't deserve that fight. Jacare needs the next shot.

broz0rs

I'm so torn. I wanna see Hendo take the belt, hut he really doesn't deserve that fight. Jacare needs the next shot.

"Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson for the UFC Middleweight Title in London. That's the fight people want to see." - Dana White

ApharmdX

Banned

That was one of the greatest MMA moments ever. Was watching at a bar and everyone went crazy when Bisping got starched with "USA, USA". Dan might even beat Bisping a second time but he doesn't deserve the fight, not at all. Shot should go to Jacare, but even he deserves it less than Romero.

Fox318

I love Dan but he moves like he's underwater now. He's gonna get fucked up. Don't go out losing to Fucking Michael Bisping, Dan.

I either want to see Dan fight Bisping in the UK or just see pics of Dan on social media drinking on the beach or roaming around MMA gyms looking like this

B5cWr7M.png

VoxPop

I hope it happens. We really won't get a better opportunity for this to happen again. Especially with a chance of Hendo winning the title. He would be the only fighter to hold a Pride + Strikeforce + UFC title.

Romero is suspended anyway and Jacare is coming off a one fight win streak despite him deserving it. Sometimes you gotta break the system and just put on a good fight like they did with Conor/Diaz.

Fox318

I hope it happens. We really won't get a better opportunity for this to happen again. Especially with a chance of Hendo winning the title. He would be the only fighter to hold a Pride + Strikeforce + UFC title.

Romero is suspended anyway and Jacare is coming off a one fight win streak despite him deserving it. Sometimes you gotta break the system and just put on a good fight like they did with Conor/Diaz.

Holly Holm is the better example.

Nobody thought she deserved the fight over Tate.

Levito

Banned
Bisping will lose to Weidman, Jacare, and Luke. He only won at 199 cause Luke gave him no credit, sticking his chin out there like there'd be no repercussions.

It's why people shouldn't shit on Jones for his fight against OSP. He fought smart cause anyone can lose.

VoxPop

Fox318 said:
Holly Holm is the better example.

Nobody thought she deserved the fight over Tate.

no one wanted Ronda Tate 3

at least Holly brought some interesting variables into the fight and it worked out

Bisping will lose to Weidman, Jacare, and Luke. He only won at 199 cause Luke gave him no credit, sticking his chin out there like there'd be no repercussions.

It's why people shouldn't shit on Jones for his fight against OSP. He fought smart cause anyone can lose.

hubris is every great champion's enemy

the only one it didn't affect was GSP

he could have stopped laying on bodies like a wet blanket years ago but now he can rest with his brain cells intact and regarded as one of the GOATs.

Luke doesn't give anybody credit. He always leaves his chin open and relies on his range and magnificently long, sexy torso to slip. He slips and throws the counter hook at mid-range and blasts you with kicks from long range. Bisping made some pretty important tactical adjustments from the first fight, like circling away from the kicks and stuffing the slip/counter by stringing together longer combinations. On the feet, I think this fight would slowly favor Bisping with this gameplan, as long as his short-notice cardio holds out, and as long as he doesn't get taken down and smashed/choked (which Luke can for sure do). But it doesn't matter. Luke lost his range and went deep on a jab, which Bisping masterfully punished with a similar combination that he'd been barely missing for much of the round. I think people really aren't giving Bisping the credit he deserves for this outcome.

Best chance Dan has at the belt. I'd like to see it. Bisping will get caught. Hendo can retire after.

Probably won't though because he'd be making a boat load.

brentech

If you listen to Luke's interview on the MMA Hour before the fight, he literally does everything that he acosts Weidman for in the interview. This isn't some super smart guy we're dealing with.
Actually, almost everything he predicts goes 100% against him. Rarely seen a guy so wrong about a fight. I mean, fighters always say they're going to win, but this was on a different level. Showed a real lack of self awareness.

If you listen to Luke's interview on the MMA Hour before the fight, he literally does everything that he acosts Weidman for in the interview. This isn't some super smart guy we're dealing with.
Actually, almost everything he predicts goes 100% against him. Rarely seen a guy so wrong about a fight. I mean, fighters always say they're going to win, but this was on a different level. Showed a real lack of self awareness.

Link to the interview?

I either want to see Dan fight Bisping in the UK or just see pics of Dan on social media drinking on the beach or roaming around MMA gyms looking like this

B5cWr7M.png

Reminds me of when Rampage was in London he came across a bum in the street panhandling for change, Rampage commented on how the guy looked like Hendo.

VoxPop

Wow Hendo has one of the most insane battle tested resumes of all time. No one even comes close.

Yvel
Big Nog x2
Babalu x2
Wand x2
Renzo Gracie
Arona
Bustamante x2
Misaki x2
Rampage
Anderson Silva
Paul Harris
Rich Franklin
Bisping
Shields
Feijao
Fedor
Shogun x2
Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor x3
Cormier
Mousasi
Lombard

broz0rs

Seems like the conversation of Bisping vs. Hendo is picking up online. Jacare, Rockhold, and Weidman all deserve it more in a traditional sense of rankings, but the UFC has proven that they're more interested in selling tickets. Bisping vs. Hendo has a great story because of the brutal knockout Bisping suffered and you just know he will sell the fight like a madman.

Top Bottom