• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

Allegedly turned down 150k a fight from Bellator for the honor of making 25k/25k from the UFC. Add sponsors on top of that. God speed, Will Brooks.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Allegedly turned down 150k a fight from Bellator for the honor of making 25k/25k from the UFC. Add sponsors on top of that. God speed, Will Brooks.
I saw he was the champion...Is he actually legit? I have never seen him fight before. Only watch Bellator for the freakshow fights.

broz0rs

Most of his wins in Bellator were via decision so I wouldn't expect him to be very exciting against better completion in the UFC

A funny story regarding Lesnar. Both Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier have talked about how they’re glad that Lesnar is on UFC 200, since they both get a percentage of the PPV revenue and it means significantly more for both of them. Miesha Tate also fits into that category but I haven’t heard her say anything. Cormier and Lesnar are friends dating back to their wrestling days since they were college wrestlers at the same time, Cormier at Oklahoma State and Lesnar at Minnesota. When Cormier heard before UFC 199 after Ariel Helwani broke the story that Lesnar may be on the show, he texted Lesnar and asked, “Is it Christmas?” which is a line regarding Christmas coming early given his pay for UFC 200 with Lesnar added. Lesnar, doing his best to keep the story quiet, didn’t respond. After the promo aired, Lesnar texted back, “It’s Christmas.”

Fox318

UFC did a major overhaul of their android app

and fight pass in general.

Frankly selling before 200 makes so much sense seeing that the company is positioned well in so many areas.

Heel

Frankly selling before 200 makes so much sense seeing that the company is positioned well in so many areas.

I'm surprised any company would be willing to fork over billions of dollars with a possible expansion of the Ali Act looming.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Sale is imminent.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16258572/bidding-buy-ufc-drawing-closer-conclusion

Bidding to buy the UFC is drawing closer to an end, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The two bid groups, WME-IMG in conjunction with Dalian Wanda Group, and China Media Capital, had similar bids in the $4.1 billion range, sources said.

Sources said that both bidding groups are still trying to completely finance the buyout, which would be for the entire company. Which company ultimately wins out might depend on the details of that financing. Sources say WME co-chair Ari Emanuel has been asking well-heeled investors to chip in $25 million to $50 million.

One of those investors that said yes, according to sources, was the Kraft Group, which owns the New England Patriots and the New England Revolution. A Kraft Group spokesman declined comment.

iddqd

Went to the open workouts today and everyone in the crowd was either a neck beard or a walking protein bar. Fun stuff.
Interesting to see that Cowboy was the most popular by far AND the only one who stayed and took pictures with everybody, joking around.

Looking forward to buying Patrick Cote merch tomorrow at the FIGHT VILLAGE

iddqd

I love that they switched to random EuroNews in the middle of the fight card.
image160lpjgj.png

Top Bottom