• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Helwani story made it to ESPN
8UvR2VF.jpg

VoxPop

Ninja Scooter said:
You might be right. This is more like a 50/50 fight to me though.

The only true grappler in the UFC heavyweight division is Cain, and Hunt's only loss due to being out grappled was against Stipe. Other than that, he's fought every decent fighter at HW asides from Cain and Overeem.

Hunt is going to knock Brock out first round.

Hunt has been finished on the ground by a bunch of fighters whether they were "true" grapplers or not.

Yoshida, Barnett, Overeem, Fedor and even a natural 185er in Mousasi, all finished him in under 2 minutes.

To be fair they are all great grapplers and Hunt's TDD has improved significantly but I still say he easily gets pummeled once it hits the ground as seen in the Big Foot + Stipe fights.

You can't say he's fought everyone at HW especially when he didn't beat them all.

His resume in the UFC literally consists of wins over

Tuchscherer
Rothwell
Kongo
Struve
Nelson
Big Foot
Mir

all of whom are bottom scrapings of the barrel at HW aside from Rothwell

When he did fight some decent competition in JDS, Stipe, and Werdum, he got destroyed. It's just a cheap parlor trick on the UFC's part.

Either way Hunt is awesome, and Brock is 38 and hasn't fought in 4 years. This is THE fight to make at HW and I am in no way complaining.

I'm 50/50 on it too. Walk off KO or Donkey Kong punches on the ground, everyone's a winner.

Fox318

Will he get to slap a Jimmy John's logo on the shorts?

They are probably paying Brock just like they would GSP whatever Jimmy Johns is paying him.

God that Reebok deal is the single worst thing in MMA and if anything the UFC isn't making enough off it.

Frankly there should have been a compromise with letting fighters have 2 non athletic wear sponsorship on their uniform while also keeping some sort of uniform look.

The uniforms right now are not only ugly but they take so much personality out of the sport.

Guys should be able to walk out in a gi for example.

Chesskid1

Banned
OK, watched MMAhour.

Why did Ariel share that stuff about fighters like ronda not wanting to be interviewed by him? i don't get it.

and btw the dream scenario is ariel getting a show on ESPN off this, or at least starting to work there, since UFC loves espn.

zewone

OK, watched MMAhour.

Why did Ariel share that stuff about fighters like ronda not wanting to be interviewed by him? i don't get it.

and btw the dream scenario is ariel getting a show on ESPN off this, or at least starting to work there, since UFC loves espn.

He was upset Fox producers didn't stick up for him and try and set things straight with the fighters.

He said some things i'm sure he will apologize for later but all in all it was a great episode. He got a lot out there that he's been holding back for a long time.

zewone

yea, i guess so. just felt a little too gossip-y to me and more on ronda than fox producers. ronda doesnt want to debate over this with him

At the time, I didn't think anything of it, but you're right. It was a bit out of place of the whole discussion.

UFC has lifted the ban on Helwani

UFC execs just probably wanted to see him cry first

Im glad to hear it but at the same time it just makes this whole thing seem even more petty. UFC realized they looked like giant dickheads and were about to piss off MMA journalists worldwide so backtracked fast as possible. The whole drama was for absolutely nothing

Crazy news about Kimbo tho. I got into MMA in 2009 watching his season of TUF. Seemed like a really nice guy, even my wife thought he seemed nice aside from looking like a "hobo rapist" as she put it.

Even crazier about Bisping too. Still cant believe he did it, but im delighted for him. I was rooting for him to win and i wish id put money on it now. Fucking crazy week for MMA

SteveWD40

Luke comes off like an asshole. Bisping is a funny asshole in some charming way. I've really turned around on the guy

Bisping owns up to being an asshole / dick at times, he did it in the post fight presser.

Luke even took the arrogance into the fight with him, then acted like it was all Bisping afterwards, as if he was just a nice humble guy.

I have noticed a trend in many of the "Jock / Frat boy" type fighters: bad losers and even worse winners. No self awareness or sense of humour / wit as they coast through life on their athletic ability.

I'm wondering if when Dhafir Harris died if he managed to steal a significant portion of Kimbo's life force to return to the realm of the living. RIP Kimbo

I have noticed a trend in many of the "Jock / Frat boy" type fighters: bad losers and even worse winners. No self awareness or sense of humour / wit as they coast through life on their athletic ability.
Would you say they're full of bullshit?

iddqd

If you read the UFC's statement, its clear that they have not learned anything.

"Following a conversation with the editorial team at SB Nation, UFC will not prevent MMAFighting.com from receiving media credentials to cover live UFC events. We respect the role the media plays in our sport and beyond, including MMAFighting's ability to report news. However, in our opinion, we believe the recurring tactics used by its lead reporter extended beyond the purpose of journalism. We feel confident our position has now been adequately communicated to the SB Nation editorial team.

UFC's goal as the world's leading mixed martial arts promotion is to cultivate interest in its world-class athletes and events, and deliver for the fans. We will continue to introduce this sport and its athletes to new fans across the world, and we will do so by working alongside media across all platforms."

Meaning: We showed you what we can do, now behave!

Haunted

42 is too young to die, RIP Kimbo.

Good too see Helwani is back in the game. Hopefully the UFC have learned what a proper media blowback could look like. Unlikely, though. For long-term credibility, it's in their best interest to play nice with reporters, surely they should be able to see that?

Also:
CkRoZnlUUAEEydU.jpg:large

It's a good card.

Levito

Banned
Brock doesn't like getting hit and he's about to fight the hardest hitter in MMA. WHOOPS

To be fair though Hunt has trouble with grapplers and Brock would be able to hold him down.

So excited for this fight.

I'm wondering if when Dhafir Harris died if he managed to steal a significant portion of Kimbo's life force to return to the realm of the living. RIP Kimbo

Would you say they're full of bullshit?

I came to post this. What the fuck happened during Dada Kimbo!? There was some Shang Tsung shit in play. Unbelievable. GUy almost dies...other guy dies...

Top Bottom