• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

knee

C4GQ3rnm.jpg

Guru-Guru

Banned
No clue about the 155 rankings atm, but I could see the UFC putting Alvarez against Cerrone in his first title fight. Cerrone beat Alvarez pretty bad in his UFC debut. I'm sure he'd want to avenge that. The UFC could set this match up pretty soon too, since both guys took minimal damage in their last fights.

Khabib would be cool, but I wouldn't be surprised if he injures his knee again anyway...

No clue about the 155 rankings atm, but I could see the UFC putting Alvarez against Cerrone in his first title fight. Cerrone beat Alvarez pretty bad in his UFC debut. I'm sure he'd want to avenge that. The UFC could set this match up pretty soon too, since both guys took minimal damage in their last fights.

Cowboy needs to win a fight at lightweight before he can get another title shot there. His last lightweight fight was against RDA and was a quick, decisive loss. Khabib and Ferguson are the obvious choices, but somebody like Barboza could get the next shot if timing works out in his favor. A lot of it depends on how Ferguson looks next week.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Cowboy needs to win a fight at lightweight before he can get another title shot there. His last lightweight fight was against RDA and was a quick, decisive loss. Khabib and Ferguson are the obvious choices, but somebody like Barboza could get the next shot if timing works out in his favor. A lot of it depends on how Ferguson looks next week.
Somehow I completely forgot about Cowboy getting worked by RDA. Also forgot about Ferguson too. Regardless, there are a lot of exciting potential fights for 155!

ldcommando

Banned

Saw something on r/mma that barbosa said he would not accept a title shot against Alvarez. So you you can cross that one out.

broz0rs

"accidentally took tainted supplements"

is there a worse excuse than this when an athlete gets caught busted for PEDs?

zewone

"accidentally took tainted supplements"

is there a worse excuse than this when an athlete gets caught busted for PEDs?
Well if it's like Tim Means he was able to prove it by USADA going into GNC and buying the same product and confirming it has the banned substance that wasn't listed.

So we're either cynical or naive. There is no in-between on the matter it seems.

Congratulations to Eddie Alvarez. That was a great right hand shot. New champ baby!

For the first time in the history of the Zuffa owned UFC: No brazilian champions!

Dysun

What kind of ppvs have you been watching? 200 is fucking stacked with or without Brock.

Ok, Mr. Edgey. Edgey McEdgerson.

DC is probably my favorite fighter right now but it's gonna be a tall order for him to beat Jones, I don't think it's going to happen.

3 title fights, 6 current/former champions, and that's just the main card. I love Brock but wow you gotta be kidding.

Someone hacked dream's account here.
comment_ULZkBYp1SxqzP5D01lW1BKf4kizZ0wuU.gif

zewone

Do you think the fights being boring proved your point?

The card was stacked with high level fighters and any of the fights on the main card could have been the main event on a normal card. It certainly did not feel like a normal PPV. We got 5 main event fights. They just happened to stink.

Dysun

Do you think the fights being boring proved your point?

The card was stacked with high level fighters and any of the fights on the main card could have been the main event on a normal card. It certainly did not feel like a normal PPV. We got 5 main event fights. They just happened to stink.

Nobody is buying PPV's with 3 of the 5 fights tonight, they would have to be aired on free TV
My point was this card was never special, but if you think otherwise then Zuffa did its job well.

Levito

Banned
Nobody is buying PPV's with 3 of the 5 fights tonight, they would have to be aired on free TV
My point was this card was never special, but if you think otherwise then Zuffa did its job well.

Well you're an awfully opinionated wanker, aren't ya?

Name one PPV that was more talent-rich. Should be easy if this card isn't anything special.

Top Bottom