• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

iddqd

Hey guys, there is a FIGHT NIGHT tonight!

It features a match up I would love to heard Goldie pronounce:
Daniel Omielańczuk vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk

Fox318

the reebok jerseys actually having some color options is refreshing.

Are there really people buying Reebok jersey's and shit like that?

ldcommando

Banned
El Cucuy saw his win streak flash before his eyes on that one. Great fight.

And Lineker hits like a truck. Like, a small truck, but it really hurts you.

brentech

Catching up with last nights card. That Ferguson fight is something else. Kind of surprised it didn't call called when he fell for the third time, he got lucky he was able to grab a leg and regain some composure.

dream

Really interesting article on ESPN, Levito, that focuses on British wrestler and WWE Cruiserweight Challenge competitor Jack Gallagher:

The 26-year-old has a 2-0 record in amateur MMA with two first-round submissions, and has trained in Brazilian jiu-jitsu for eight years, as well as in boxing and kickboxing.

"If you don't think MMA is influenced by pro wrestling, you've got your head in the sand, and definitely vice-versa," Gallagher told ESPN.

Levito

Banned
Really interesting article on ESPN, Levito,

Since you called me out specifically, I'll respond to this: I never said MMA wasn't influenced by pro wrestling. I said one is a sport and one is entertainment, and that someone like CM Punk has no place in the Octagon when he has no real martial arts experience. The way WWE has influenced MMA is in a promotional and distribution sense. You see fighters like Chael bold face ripping off and stealing lines from wrestlers like Billy Graham(which boxers have done too), and the means in which UFC distributes it's content. Dana and company clearly wanted their organization run in a similar way as opposed to boxing which doesn't really have a league. Good way to ensure your monopoly. And yes, the UFC makes all sorts of stupid gross decisions like giving Hendo a title shot when it's not deserving in the least. But at the end of the day Hendo and Bisping are still going to actually compete in that fight, and the winner isn't chosen by a staff of writers.

Also: here's Jim Ross calling MMA a sport and WWE entertainment. Someone that important to the pro wrestling world making the same distinction I have, oh dear. (not to mention Brock echoing that repeatedly over the weekend too)

Good, Fedor did not win that fight.

Chesskid1

Banned
k6HT5Cc.jpg

bellator tomorrow is pretty damn good.

paul daley, michael page and matt mitrione

daley and page weigh-ins

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/753920442503692288

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/753919058890727424

i missed MVP's last fight so thought i would remind ya'll

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
michael page, whose fought a who's who of "who?", in mma gets an actual "big name" opponent?

for grappling fans, EBI is on fight pass this Saturday and there's Metamoris on Sunday.

Fight To Win is actually tonight too with Rafael Lavato Jr vs Cyborg.

Top Bottom