• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

DMczaf

Cerrone: "What about the worst fight?"

CM Punk: "The worst fight?"

Cerrone: "Your boy, DC. Terrible!"

CM Punk: "What?"

Cerrone: "Terrible. How are you going to give up weight and then fight like a f*g, man?"

*applause breaks out in the audience*

image.php

I just love that Punk left WWE to go to a company that is even more carny.

194, and 196's main cards are on par if not better. I'm not even going back more a year

Which of those two is better? I'm only willing to spend enough time to demonstrate why one of those is weaker than 200. And if neither is the best, pick another one because I'm only doing this once and you aren't getting second chances.

mr2xxx

Banned
How did the Dos Anjos fight end up on some scrub Thursday night card? Looking at the 201 card and it's garbage except the main fight. Surely the Dos Anjos fight would be a good addition and a decent co-main event instead of having Brown vs Ellenberger being the fight prior. What's the logic GAF?

How did the Dos Anjos fight end up on some scrub Thursday night card? Looking at the 201 card and it's garbage except the main fight. Surely the Dos Anjos fight would be a good addition and a decent co-main event instead of having Brown vs Ellenberger being the fight prior. What's the logic GAF?

It is not uncommon at all for a title fight to headline a non-PPV, plus they need to make Fight Pass worth it and attract new subscribers. They also wanted this past weekend to have something special every night. Not to mention, 201 was a bigger event until it lost one of its headliners to injury, and it was way too late to shuffle somebody from this weekend's fights to that card--the injury just happened days ago.

Fox318

Thats the UFC telling Dos Anjos to go fuck himself after ruining all of their conor plans.

brentech

I personally thought Brock was far more active on the ground than DC. Obviously Silva is more of a threat on bottom, but he also isn't as close in weight. DC should have been able to rag doll him.
Hell, Chael did more on the ground against Silva than DC did.

I personally thought Brock was far more active on the ground than DC. Obviously Silva is more of a threat on bottom, but he also isn't as close in weight. DC should have been able to rag doll him.
Hell, Chael did more on the ground against Silva than DC did.

I was pretty surprised with the fight as well, but at the same time I wasn't. I thought DC would just be able to overpower virtually anything, but he really had trouble with Silva's lockdown--a strategy I didn't really expect to see from Silva. Most people have no offense to speak of from half-guard lockdown, as it's primarily a defensive stall technique that is difficult to break. I imagine Silva was hoping that DC would wear himself out fighting against it or force more referee stand-ups, but it also seems likely that Silva just wanted to not get himself smashed.

Don't forget that Chael did that on bunches of PEDs while Silva had injured his ribs severely enough that the doctors almost didn't clear him to fight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's meant to make The Count look strong and build up anticipation for a Bisping/Weidman matchup.

The Count just beat Anderson Silva and Luke Rockhold back to back. Does he really need to beat 3-6 Dan Henderson and avenge a knockout from 100 UFC events ago to look strong for Chris Weidman?

broz0rs

Chael Sonnen accidentally revealed on JRE that Jon Jones got busted for two estrogen blockers. Apparently, estrogen blockers are used to bring hormone levels back to normal after a steroid cycle, and prevents an abuser from getting steroid aftereffects like grape nipples.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chael Sonnen accidentally revealed on JRE that Jon Jones got busted for two estrogen blockers. Apparently, estrogen blockers are used to bring hormone levels back to normal after a steroid cycle, and prevents an abuser from getting steroid aftereffects like grape nipples.

Yeah, it does a number of things - when your testosterone skyrockets, estrogen grows with it. I'm on a blocker and all I get is testosterone injections. It's absolutely mandatory for me. However Jones' Testo levels are super low, right? I can't remember.

Chesskid1

Banned
mmahour was pretty good.

-dolce says he charges 5% of fighter's purses for his services
-stann said he was once sponsored by a supplements company, a major one you could buy anywhere. he decided not to take their supplements, though. later, the supplements were recalled for containing meth.
-ariel asked every guest about UFC's sale and if they should be paid more if thats the money UFC is worth.
-jones manager said jon said he would destroy the cormier that showed up to fight silva

i also read cormier's pay was cut in half since he fought silva instead.

MjFrancis

Yeah, it does a number of things - when your testosterone skyrockets, estrogen grows with it. I'm on a blocker and all I get is testosterone injections. It's absolutely mandatory for me. However Jones' Testo levels are super low, right? I can't remember.
I imagine that a weight cut absolutely kills t levels.

Your natural t levels are also shit after a cycle of anabolic steroids, so there's that too lol.

Top Bottom