• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

I'm not sure where you're located and possibly it's different outside the US, but inside, I can't watch full fight night cards on Fight Pass, just the 'fight pass prelims', the rest out the card is blacked out on fight pass. Have to switch over to the TV

And if you're in the US and you don't see it on your Fox channel (ie you're near Philly and pre-season football is on tonight), check around for those weird Fox affiliate channels. I found the fights on some channel I never knew I had - WQMY 13? It looks like it just runs syndicated shows, talk shows, and judge shows.

I think it's freedom and flexibility above simply money.

for the older, established guys like Benson or Rory it makes sense for them to take the money Bellator is offering, but for younger guys looking to make their name, I think the UFC still represents the peak of competition and ability to make money.

That white dude on the right in the begining looks like he borrowed his mothers sunglasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYzXoIF1JjE

Guru-Guru

Banned
King Casey up next! I still have fond memories of when he tweeted a warning to Weidman that he was gonna climb the ladder and beat him up. This was immediately after getting a suspension for steriods, IIRC.

brentech

Figures, my directv signal dropping out during this storm that just started here. Going to be pissed if I miss the main event.

Edit
Alvey's stance/walk/mannerisms reminds me of Scott Smith. That flat footed, upright form.

Fox318

I know they need to promote it but I really don't want to hear or see punk until the fight anymore.

"I'm not doing this for the fame"

Yeah dude you're doing it for the money.

How many other coaches would let somebody with no expierence and with no amature fights have his first fight against somebody with the atheltic background gall has?

I know they need to promote it but I really don't want to hear or see punk until the fight anymore.

"I'm not doing this for the fame"

Yeah dude you're doing it for the money.

How many other coaches would let somebody with no expierence and with no amature fights have his first fight against somebody with the atheltic background gall has?

I think he's genuine in that he just wants the experience. If it were all about the money, he could have gone back to WWE for a huge payday last year when everyone was injured and Vince was desperate. Or he could have gone to TNA. I think he really just wants this to be a "bucket list" thing, which is also why I think he's going to get his ass kicked. He's doing this as a hobby and going up against hungry dudes who want to do this for a living, and whose livelihoods depend on it.

painey

mickey gall has no fight footage of punk to study while punk does

that will be a huge advantage

GkcCT7B.gif

Fox318

I think he's genuine in that he just wants the experience. If it were all about the money, he could have gone back to WWE for a huge payday last year when everyone was injured and Vince was desperate. Or he could have gone to TNA. I think he really just wants this to be a "bucket list" thing, which is also why I think he's going to get his ass kicked. He's doing this as a hobby and going up against hungry dudes who want to do this for a living, and whose livelihoods depend on it.

Only way I can pisture punk winning is if he gets lucky and gets a guillotine in if Gall tries to shoot in for a single or double to get Punk on the ground.

Maybe Punk gets a lucky strike in but I just can't picture somebody as old as him with no striking expierence prior to signing 2 years ago having any success there.

Top Bottom