• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

I think Condit gets subbed in 1st or 2nd.

I thought Maia would at least have to do something tricky to get the sub. Overestimated Condit's defense, but his game plan was to throw strikes off his back, so ya, that's what happens. You have to put all your effort into defense with Maia.

im a HUGE Condit fan but picked Maia on draft kings....some of you are such haters lol.

Maia has his boring moments but hes a f'in master.

Hating Maia is so fucking pathetic. The guy is a legend in BJJ and he's had some huge upsets in MMA and made it farther than anyone every thought he would.

iddqd

image098yuzmr.png

(Calling Nelson a striking killer is a stretch though)

manfestival

I thought Maia would at least have to do something tricky to get the sub. Overestimated Condit's defense, but his game plan was to throw strikes off his back, so ya, that's what happens. You have to put all your effort into defense with Maia.

the moment they mentioned his takedown defense I knew it was gonna be over quick

pixelation

Why do people post this as some sort of lack of strength ability? It's clearly connected to the bottoms stair section.

Nah, you can clearly see his arms struggling/shaking like a motherfucker before he actually tries to separate that section, and wouldn't he know that they are attached?

Man what happened to Pettis?
Getting cut off, getting pushed against the cage...
Crazy what a killer he was on the run to the title and how "shot" he seems now.

tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg

Killer? He lost to Guida, got a controversial split decision over Stephens, and beat an already mentally defeated Cerrone. The only impressive fight he had in the UFC before he fought for the title was Lauzon.

The dude has talent but was rated higher than he should have been due to flashy techniques and a good run in the WEC. To be fair to him though, he's suffered a lot of injuries in training.

VoxPop

Your opinions are basic

Because I don't like watching one dimensional grapplers do awkward takedowns and being attached to his opponent like a Siamese twin for 5 rounds? Maia doesnt exactly fit in that mold as much as others but he's still boring as shit to me. I respect their skills and talent but doesn't mean I have to force myself to enjoy them dry humping someone with no intention to finish for 25 minutes because they can't do anything else.

broz0rs

Demian Maia post-fight

TIL Maia started training wrestling with top US wrestling coaches after the Anderson Silva fight. He even admits that he loves wrestling and that if he were born in the US he would likely be a wrestler and not a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner.

eXtv

Banned
Because I don't like watching one dimensional grapplers do awkward takedowns and being attached to his opponent like a Siamese twin for 5 rounds? Maia doesnt exactly fit in that mold as much as others but he's still boring as shit to me. I respect their skills and talent but doesn't mean I have to force myself to enjoy them dry humping someone with no intention to finish for 25 minutes because they can't do anything else.

Oliveira and Maia are everything you could ever want from a grappling-based fighter. Oliveira-Hioki is one of the best ground fights in recent memory and Maia literally just snuffed out Condit in under two minutes. We're not talking about Darren Elkins here.

smoothj

I love Miai. Never seen anyone dominate like him when it goes to the ground. Hope he gets a title shot. It's probably his last run since he's getting up there in age. Many people say his fights are boring but I think it's awesome watching a master at his craft.

Condit didn't even get a chance to break a sweat. He should pull a Cowboy and ask to be put on of the cards over the next few weeks if someone drops out.

eXtv

Banned
Condit didn't even get a chance to break a sweat. He should pull a Cowboy and ask to be put on of the cards over the next few weeks if someone drops out.

He said Maia hit him with a short punch on the ground and it really buzzed him, took him out of his game. Wouldn't be surprised if that 5th round with Lawler ruined his chin.

pixelation

Rory MacDonald says the UFC is boring.
"You walk into that cage like every single other person out there on the roster," MacDonald said of the UFC. "You're basically like a robot walking into the cage with the same jersey on, there's no difference between this guy and that guy. It's boring, I find it. It's very plain. I understand where they're trying to go with it, but that's just not fight sport. There's no personality there."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...lams-the-ufc-for-being-boring-during-bellator

I don't agree with him on most anything, for starters, if you have a personality it will shine through regardless of the fact that you're wearing a "uniform" or not. He has zero personality so wearing whatever he wants would change nothing. He says that its not a fight sport because of that fact and i'm like what?, maybe he should try the WWE or something. Maybe they'll be nicer to his broken nose over there.

Top Bottom