• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

2) what are the betting odds for cm punk's fight and a point of reference? ie gall is as big as a favorite as rousey was in her prime. (i dont follow betting odds at all)

thanks
Looks like the line is about -300 for Gall to +275 for Punk. That means people are fairly confident Gall will win. To put into context -100 to +100 is still more or less a toss up. When Rousey fought her lines were usually something like -900 to +300 which means people expected a blow out in Rouseys favor. I'm always a little confused on this myself but what I think those odds mean is that you'd have to bet $300 on Gall to win $100. Meanwhile if you bet $100 on Punk you'd win $275.

no way it happens. McGregor will only have thoughts of 170 again if he demolishes Eddie.

I just hate that Alvarez is gonna potentially get this huge money fight while ducking dudes.

We are in a state of some whack champs. Eddie found his way to a title shot after two AWFUL fights then catches RDA. Now this no ratings grabbing bitch thinks he can demand things.

Same for Woodley, my goodness this dude is whack. Nobody wants to see this clown that got literally demolished by Marquardt fight at all and he thinks he should be getting big fights.....NO FIGHT WITH YOU IN IT IS A BIG FIGHT BRUH! This bish was in Straight Outta Compton for 2 seconds of screen time and now thinks he's some legit star.

Have to agree. Woodley and Alvarez are two of the lamest champs in recent memory. Even as someone who watches almost every PPV/Fox card per year, I was like "who the fuck is this guy again?" when Alvarez beat RDA.

Woodley is just yet another god bothering personality vacuum. How he got where he is now boggles my tiny mind

Cerrone and Rogan mentioned he's the possible MSG headliner.

He and his opponent already took some promotional photos.

sounds more like GSP vs Woodley..blah.

if they were smart itd be Woodley vs Wonderboy and make that dude a star. Hes one of the most exciting fighters out there and is gonna take apart Woodley.

Weckum

Have to agree. Woodley and Alvarez are two of the lamest champs in recent memory. Even as someone who watches almost every PPV/Fox card per year, I was like "who the fuck is this guy again?" when Alvarez beat RDA.

Woodley is just yet another god bothering personality vacuum. How he got where he is now boggles my tiny mind

Best thing about Woodley is Woodley's mom.

zewone

sounds more like GSP vs Woodley..blah.

if they were smart itd be Woodley vs Wonderboy and make that dude a star. Hes one of the most exciting fighters out there and is gonna take apart Woodley.

I meant that Cowboy was the headliner.

I couldn't imagine who he would fight that would make the headline. Maybe Alvarez? GSP?

iddqd

If its GSP, then good luck.
Cerrone got demolished by RDA but his recent track record has been great.
I thought Story would be too strong for Cowboy but he put some Mortal Kombat on that guy.

I would have thought there HAS to be a belt on the line for NY. So maybe the 155one?
Would make sense because Cerrone talked about his next fight being at 155.

GSP on UFC Tonight said he wants Woodley, Maia, or Older Diaz in Toronto

Diaz is stupid....wonderboy vs Woodley should happen at MSG.

Maia should take it ..honestly its a bigger accomplishment beating GSP than getting these whack belts.

Apperantly UFC isnt really working with him much though in terms of getting things going.

Maia should take it ..honestly its a bigger accomplishment beating GSP than getting these whack belts.

Apperantly UFC isnt really working with him much though in terms of getting things going.

Who started the GSP vs Conor rumor? I can't believe people believed it.....

GSP vs Maia could be good or Woodley, big meh to Nick Diaz

brentech

Decent fights on first episode of TUF. Second fight, dude got ate up. Looked scared and pretty hard to believe he was the champ of anything.

Mickey Gall grappling against Gordon Ryan who is BJJ's current golden boy. Wholly shit is CM Punk in trouble. Gall will submit Punk within one round. Gall actually did very well against Ryan. Gall is a much better grappler than I thought he'd be. He's a legit BJJ brown belt.

https://youtu.be/Yacwz6W0hYM

iddqd

Not into any of this, holding up another division / getting rid of a great contender like Maia is lame.
We already saw the Diaz thing.

Who else is at 170? Or who is a 155er with weight issues?
Cerrone, Diaz (younger), Barboza, Anderson Silva at 180?

Meh, GSP go home and be a family man!

broz0rs

Woodley must be praying to the lord every night that the powers that be grants him the GSP fight.

VoxPop

man all the heavyweights are so freakin old, and there are like no prospects

I wouldn't want to waste my 6'3-6'10 230-265 frame to get paid 20K/20K and get punched in the face by overweight dudes either. They could make far more money just being on the practice squad of a lot of sporting teams. It makes sense for guys who couldn't make it to that athletic level to move over to MMA like Mitrione and Shawn Jordan.

Chesskid1

Banned
top 11 heavyweights and ages

stipe miocic - 34
fabricio werdum - 39
cain velasquz - 34
alistar overreem - 36
junior dos santos - 32
ben rothwell - 34
andre arlovski - 37
travis browne - 34
mark hunt - 42
josh barnett - 38
derrick lewis - 31

that is crazy! there has to be some 23-25 y/o kid ready to take over that division!

man all the heavyweights are so freakin old, and there are like no prospects

Did you watch the heavyweight season of Ultimate Fighter? Even with Kimbo, Roy Nelson, Brandon Schaub and Matt Mittrione it was an absolute disaster, almost every fight had one or both fighters completely gassed after the first round =/

VoxPop

top 11 heavyweights and ages

stipe miocic - 34
fabricio werdum - 39
cain velasquz - 34
alistar overreem - 36
junior dos santos - 32
ben rothwell - 34
andre arlovski - 37
travis browne - 34
mark hunt - 42
josh barnett - 38
derrick lewis - 31

that is crazy! there has to be some 23-25 y/o kid ready to take over that division!

Should have been Jon Jones after he beat Cormier. Most of those young kids have been grooming themselves for greener pastures and being poached as early as middle school. Not training themselves to get that Reebok pay.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

fCpR1PK.jpg

ylKqv9Z.jpg

You had me at hello.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Should have been Jon Jones after he beat Cormier. Most of those young kids have been grooming themselves for greener pastures and being poached as early as middle school. Not training themselves to get that Reebok pay.
It's too bad that the vast majority of fighters from Chechnya, Dagestan, etc. are under 170lbs.

I think the prelims for the Germany card are starting in about an hour.

EDIT: Oh wait - I guess it starts at 8:45 on the west coast and 11:45 in the east.

Top Bottom