• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Diaz vs Conor 2 estimating at 1.65 million ppvs, the largest ever for a non-boxing event.

Really happy Nate got paid.

I don't thin there's a hold up for Alvarez vs Conor. They're probably tight lipped about it cuz they wanna announce it this Saturday.

this dude drove to see a fighter in one of the biggest shiet holes on the planet and let said fighter slap him in the face in order to get a deal done...

what other owner is that much of a bitch?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I can't wait to see Punk get starched. I don't really know anything about him. I'm not a wrestling chick like at all, but he just comes off as this distespectful, hypocrite. He seems so entitled. A 0-0-0 fighter with no ammy fights or any kind of competitive history doesn't get to shit talk a guy who was undefeated as an ammy and is 2-0 as a pro with a lot of grappling tournaments under his belt as well. You don't get to call that guy out for fighting cans. You don't get to talk shit about his pay being low. Hey, guess what? Of course it is low, he hasn't earned his spot yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see Punk get starched. I don't really know anything about him. I'm not a wrestling chick like at all, but he just comes off as this distespectful, hypocrite. He seems so entitled. A 0-0-0 fighter with no ammy fights or any kind of competitive history doesn't get to shit talk a guy who was undefeated as an ammy and is 2-0 as a pro with a lot of grappling tournaments under his belt as well. You don't get to call that guy out for fighting cans. You don't get to talk shit about his pay being low. Hey, guess what? Of course it is low, he hasn't earned his spot yet.
Yup. It won't be a concern, though. Punk is slower than dogshit.

eXtv

Banned

The "Mickey Gall will make more money losing to me than he's ever made in his entire life" comment was a cunt move. Embedded series shows Punk relaxing in his massive underground hot tub, he's probably paying Roufus a tonne for all that 1-on-1 training time too. He doesn't really recognize his privileged position.

eXtv

Banned
Punk is fighting a guy younger and more athletic than he is but also more experienced in MMA fights and training, it's really a bad combo. I'd be shocked if he pulled this out. His weight cut looks like it's going badly too.

Ceallach

I'm pretty sure he is paying through his nose, and everyone is just lying to him, saying he looks great to keep the gravy train going as long as possible. Because he looked like dog shit in that live sparring stream. Like I bet damn near any guy or girl who trains semi seriously at any mma gym in the country would crush him. He legit looks awful. Like he doesn't have an athletic bone in his body. It's worse than a PRIDE freaks how fight.

Ceallach

So it looks like Punk might come in at like 20 pounds overweight

giphy.gif

eXtv

Banned
I'm pretty sure he is paying through his nose, and everyone is just lying to him, saying he looks great to keep the gravy train going as long as possible. Because he looked like dog shit in that live sparring stream. Like I bet damn near any guy or girl who trains semi seriously at any mma gym in the country would crush him. He legit looks awful. Like he doesn't have an athletic bone in his body. It's worse than a PRIDE freaks how fight.

In Japan, Nobuhiko Takada had to fight Rickson Gracie for reals. Twice. Yuji Nagata got thrown in there on two weeks notice against Fedor because their show needed a main event. Punk really doesn't get how lucky he is.

Roufus hit the jackpot with this, the only thing he really lost was the time that could've been better spent coaching his other students. If Punk wins, he looks like a genius for getting a 38 year-old pro wrestler into shape and beating a legitimate professional. If Punk loses, what could he have done? He's a 38 year-old pro wrestler.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well, except for the fact that he never told Helwani what he weighs? Did you even watch the interview? The 30 lbs rumor came from Chael Sonnen, who is always an upstanding citizen.

eXtv

Banned
Well, except for the fact that he never told Helwani what he weighs? Did you even watch the interview? The 30 lbs rumor came from Chael Sonnen, who is always an upstanding citizen.

The fact that he wouldn't say isn't a good sign. Neither is the lack of test cut. Or a nutritionist.

iddqd

Listening to the MMA Hour, Cain is such a vacuum for an interesting conversation.

Dude does not want to pick fights (I'm not really a fight fan"), is not even sure if he is going to watch the fight on saturday and does not understand why it would benefit him to be cage side and hold his fist up when the camera shows up in front of him.

I know this is not news but it stills blows my mind how bad he is at making me give a shit.
Give the title shot to Werdum instead for all I care.

eXtv

Banned
Listening to the MMA Hour, Cain is such a vacuum for an interesting conversation.

Dude does not want to pick fights (I'm not really a fight fan"), is not even sure if he is going to watch the fight on saturday and does not understand why it would benefit him to be cage side and hold his fist up when the camera shows up in front of him.

I know this is not news but it stills blows my mind how bad he is at making me give a shit.
Give the title shot to Werdum instead for all I care.

He's a total bore. Kinda like RDA. As exciting as anyone ever in the cage, total wastes outside of it.

FStop7

Banned
So the odds right now are Punk +300 / Gall -400.

It's almost tempting to throw $100 on Punk. Too bad I can't stand his shitty attitude.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Punk didn't do a test weight cut is really surprising, unless he's just bullshitting. Never doing a cut and then doing one at 38 years old and then expected to fight a day later (in addition to the myriad of other issues) is just a recipe for disaster.

iddqd

I feel the the Punk fight could look a lot like the James Toney/ Couture fight where everyone wakes up from slumber afterwards wondering how the hell this was even possible.

That commissions decision (to let him fight without the 5 amateur fights) should have been made a way bigger deal but like any enthusiast media, they are fans first and gullible like us.

Those mma journalists would have been backroomed so hard and banned forever if they brought up how this fight shouldn't have been approved.

That Punk didn't do a test weight cut is really surprising, unless he's just bullshitting. Never doing a cut and then doing one at 38 years old and then expected to fight a day later (in addition to the myriad of other issues) is just a recipe for disaster.
If Punk were the kind of guy who is honest about himself and his abilities he wouldn't even be fighting in the first place.

Chesskid1

Banned
im kinda living through punk.

how many of us wondered what it would be like to leave our high paying job and train full time in a sport and see how we could do?

im pretty sure i could become top 10 UFC if i did, but there's no way i could know.

FUME5

im kinda living through punk.

how many of us wondered what it would be like to leave our high paying job and train full time in a sport and see how we could do?

im pretty sure i could become top 10 UFC if i did, but there's no way i could know.

Really?

I second parrotbeaks request.

eXtv

Banned
the discipline and toughness required to even become kinda good but mostly shitty at MMA is a bigger stepping stone than just the financials/time requirement.

anyone can train for a few hours a week, it's making it through those hours and not feeling like a walking corpse physically and mentally that makes the difference. or feeling that way but being able to push through it and carry on. it's so so so much easier to just give in and stop, it's hard to even put into words. it's basically like tapping to a choke and feeling the immediate rush of oxygen back into your brain.

MMA is basically the hardest sport you can do, is what I'm trying to say.

Top Bottom