• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Chesskid1

Banned
close one of your eyes and push in on it a little bit just to see how it is. now imagine someone jabbing a finger into it. eyepokers are like my biggest fear.

eXtv

Banned
McGregor needs to make the UFC 205 fight at MSG happen vs Aldo. Let Cowboy and Alvarez fight for the 155 strap that same night too. McGregor can bully Aldo again and set up a classic face off with the 155 champion after.

McGregor is never fighting at 145lbs again. He hates the idea.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Apparently Vitaly Minakov is expected to sign with the UFC in 2017. He's only 31 years old...Relatively young, by heavyweight standards. I think he can do well in the UFC. Just forget about that time Kongo looked competitive against him.

Shane Carwin is dropping some truth bombs about backroom bonuses and contract negotiations on reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/52kqgd/news_stipe_miocic_to_bank_more_than_700000_for/

Some highlights:

Shane Carwin said:
I can't really speak about everyone. I know that every fight I ever had in the UFC I got one. I know my manger claims that 100% of the fighters he represented got them, even the ones that claim they did not :). So I would say they were a sure thing.

Shane Carwin said:
My management believes these bonuses are not 100% anymore. That was a big factor in our decision making (to become a free agent).

Shane Carwin said:
Unless you are seeing the PPV buys you really have no clue. The reporting on income is missing many key factors and no one really knows. There is no minimums and no ceiling. That makes negotiating very hard. They know how valuable you are to them, they know who buys the cards down to zip codes. The fighters and agents do not know this.

iddqd

Jon Jones has become my new Brock Lesnar /GSP returns news bit where I don't give a shit what he thinks or says until I see him walk to the cage.

"Jon Jones wants to fight Stipe for HW belt" is garbage my brain does not need to digest

eXtv

Banned
Apparently Vitaly Minakov is expected to sign with the UFC in 2017. He's only 31 years old...Relatively young, by heavyweight standards. I think he can do well in the UFC. Just forget about that time Kongo looked competitive against him.

Yeah Minakov gassed pretty badly in that fight, but his skillset is all there for him to be a top-level contender. He'd be the youngest Heavyweight too, probably. God that division is ancient.

With no defenses to his name. Even BJ, who had previously held the WW title in the UFC, had to dust off Sherk before he got a crack at GSP.

In am entirely different division. Conor's biggest asset in getting a 155 title shot is his draw.

You guys are absolutely right. Cowboy is the reigning 155 champ who has only been fighting at 155 and deserves his shot, even though he got clowned by RDA in record time. I apologize.

All hail King Cowboy.

You guys are absolutely right. Cowboy is the reigning 155 champ who has only been fighting at 155 and deserves his shot, even though he got clowned by RDA in record time. I apologize.

All hail King Cowboy.

That's a lot of snark in response to people saying that Conor shouldn't be able to leapfrog an entire division of contenders for a title fight when he hasn't fought once at that weight in the organization.

i still cant believe Stipe lost to Struve...like totally one sided fight.

Jones would destroy Stipe. Keep distance and just break him down.

That's a lot of snark in response to people saying that Conor shouldn't be able to leapfrog an entire division of contenders for a title fight when he hasn't fought once at that weight in the organization.

But it was already set. In a perfect world, it wouldn't happen. But I know the UFC doesn't give an eff about what is right.

Fox318

I do. I love waiting 2 years for Cain to defend only to see him lose embarrassingly.
"Hey Cain you should head down to Mexico, the elevation is pretty high there.

Nah man, real Mexican blood flows through these vains, I won't let my people down"

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

Hell Cain being around is what prevents DC from being the greatest heavyweight of all time.

yeah true and its total bs.... Cormier at heavy was so much more interesting than at 205...hes just not as fun to watch. Straight up clowned on Heavys.

oh but i was at that card where he fought Mir....ooof... like every single fight on that card was a finish up until mir vs cormier put on the worst fight ever.

But it was already set. In a perfect world, it wouldn't happen. But I know the UFC doesn't give an eff about what is right.

It was set because Conor was undefeated and it was one of the only ways Dana would get a Champ v. Champ superfight.

Losing to Nate fucked almost all of that up. Conor is no longer undefeated and even in getting the win he didn't dominate. And despite the weight the fight was at, Nate is a 155er who has never won a title.

The only thing that makes that match ideal for the UFC is the Champ v. Champ angle and Conors draw. Even the Champ v. Champ angle has less lustre since Conor hasn't defended his title even once.

So the draw is the only benefit for that match and Conor will pull that draw against nearly anyone he faces. So it's better he defends his title or rematches Nate.

eXtv

Banned

All hail King Cowboy.

Losing to Nate Diaz this year with no other wins/accomplishments at 155 is way, way worse than losing to RDA in a title fight after destroying most of Top 15, including the guy who went on to beat RDA and now has the title.

eXtv

Banned
i still cant believe Stipe lost to Struve...like totally one sided fight.

Jones would destroy Stipe. Keep distance and just break him down.

Jones has fairly terrible boxing and has shown difficulty against fighters that can match his size. I wouldn't like his chances against a Heavyweight that moves well, throws clean, straight and fast punches, and has a wrestling base to boot.

Jones relies on his chin and his size a tonne at LHW. I don't agree with the consensus that the HW title has always been for the taking, especially now.

It'll be Conor for the 55 belt because money.

Otherwise, if you want anyone other than Khabib you're stupid.

Khabib doesn't deserve shit. The only opponent of note he beat was RDA, and that was over 2 years, before RDA went on tear through the division.

Khabib doesn't deserve the title shot. He doesn't deserve the #1 ranking. He should have to fight at least one Top 5 guy before even being in the discussion.

Khabib doesn't deserve shit. The only opponent of note he beat was RDA, and that was over 2 years, before RDA went on tear through the division.

Khabib doesn't deserve the title shot. He doesn't deserve the #1 ranking. He should have to fight at least one Top 5 guy before even being in the discussion.

So wait. Who do you think deserves the LW shot?

Pfft, ok, dude. Let's give it to Cowboy who never can win the big fight. Let's give it to.....uh, who?

Khabib is the only legitimate answer outside of money fights. You're wrong and you know it.

iddqd

So, Cowboy vs Gastellum for 205. Cowboy gonna lose again.

Gastellum = a younger, fresher version of Rick Story.

Might be enough to wrestlefuck the Cowboy.
But if Cerrone wins, they will make him fight Maia for a shot at the belt.

(edit)
Saw some people talk about Cowboy vs. Masvidal. That would have been a great PPV opener

Top Bottom