• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Honestly, even after a hard day of clench training I feel like I was in a car wreck. I could not be a pro fighter. And that isn't even getting into stuff like the highly regulated diets, training twice a day, etc

eXtv

Banned
Honestly, even after a hard day of clench training I feel like I was in a car wreck. I could not be a pro fighter. And that isn't even getting into stuff like the highly regulated diets, training twice a day, etc

I do BJJ for two hours a week and Kickboxing for another two and the days after practice can be really hard sometimes. Doing it for at least three hours daily is pure insanity. These guys/girls are marvels.

Interesting read.

Aldo says he has 'friendly relationship' with McGregor

"It's a friendly relationship. I don't have a problem with him trying to promote himself. If we take a look at it money-wise, it was pretty good. I think there should be more fighters like him at featherweight. I'm not his friend, though. He can go his way and I can go mine."

Furthermore, Aldo says McGregor is usually a mellow person, and only becomes his outgoing self when in front of the cameras or around his own countrymen.

"I've seen him staring at a wall, looking at nothing with everyone around him trying to taunt him and he would just stand there, gazing. He's a regular, mellow guy, but if he sees a camera or some Irish people, he transforms in a such way that makes you say to yourself 'son of a bitch'".

"One day we were hanging out and he said he was going to get the coffee and I said I wanted mine with sugar and he said something like 'nice'. Most of the times we met, there was always someone recording us, though, so he had to keep his persona up. With no cameras, he changes completely."

UN5HOhT.jpg

I do BJJ for two hours a week and Kickboxing for another two and the days after practice can be really hard sometimes. Doing it for at least three hours daily is pure insanity. These guys/girls are marvels.

I did 30 minutes of rolling last night and can barely move this morning. I honestly think Punk has zero chance to win, but hes my age and training this hard, so i respect him 100% for being able to do this shit. But if he does come in 20lbs overweight thats an absolute joke

Maoyama

Banned
Quick question: How many people here have gone to your regional MMA fights and see a couple of 0-0 or 2-0 guys fight each other on some parking lot?

Fights are quick and ugly or boring and dragged out. Amateur MMA is not even close to the same sport that we see on the UFC week after week. Punk hasn't even fought amateur before.

This fight will be a sloppy finish by either guy (Gall hasn't shown that he is defensive enough to not be caught by a wild Punk haymaker) or a dragged out stalling match that leaves us all wanting to never see them fight again.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I already never want to see this fight. I'll take my bad MMA on bright colored garbage bag looking mats and inside Japanese rings like god intended, thank you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bad MMA that I like comes off of a container barge straight to a dirt ring.

iddqd

Quick question: How many people here have gone to your regional MMA fights and see a couple of 0-0 or 2-0 guys fight each other on some parking lot?

Fights are quick and ugly or boring and dragged out. Amateur MMA is not even close to the same sport that we see on the UFC week after week. Punk hasn't even fought amateur before.

This fight will be a sloppy finish by either guy (Gall hasn't shown that he is defensive enough to not be caught by a wild Punk haymaker) or a dragged out stalling match that leaves us all wanting to never see them fight again.

Yeah.. best case scenario is a Gall bull rush, take down against the cage, RNC.
Rogan putting his hand on Punks shoulder and saying that he is proud of him for "leaving it all in the octagon"

Ceallach

Punk hasn't shown that he has any power in any of his vids though to be a threat with a bomb.

Gall has a lot of grappling experience, he has gone the distance with guys like Gordon Ryan, in addition to his fairly polished striking. So really, it's up to Mickey to take the fight wherever he wants

Fox318

You're saying that Punk don't win by Twister or Pirates Crucifix in the 3rd round!

Ceallach

If Punk put on a twister, Rogan would come so hard they'd have to mop up the octagon before the comain

Werdum has physically looked awful for these weigh ins and the previous fight. Dude looks like he didn't even train for Browne this time. WTF man, he's totally looking past Browne and will lose tonight.

eXtv

Banned
Werdum has physically looked awful for these weigh ins and the previous fight. Dude looks like he didn't even train for Browne this time. WTF man, he's totally looking past Browne and will lose tonight.

Stipe has put on 5 pounds since the Werdum fight too

Ceallach

I'm trying really hard to understand what's being said in that text, I feel stupid :(

I read it like Cowboy is telling Dana that he will fight whoever "CB" (cowboy?) was meant to fight tomorrow but that doesn't make any sense, help!
Cb Dollaway was supposed to fight tonight but got hurt in an elevator accident last night

the epitome of Reem was on full display tonight. I honestly admired the way he had been fighting lately and while Stipe seems like a decent dude would like to see Reem get in done especially after that Pride hype entrance. After how composed he has been it just was poor execution on his part and Stipe had a way better game plan than JDS and Pitbull. Stipe closed the distance and while he almost paid it inevitably worked out.

btw is this not the perfect opportunity for Cormier to be a two weight class champion. F your boy Cain and just go for the gold, his time came and went.

pixelation

Stupid Faber and his patented unintentional eye-pokes...
Rivera was poked in the right eye by Urijah Faber in the third round of his unanimous decision victory at UFC 203 in Cleveland. Rivera went right to the hospital after the fight and was released early Sunday morning. He told MMA Fighting that doctors informed him he has a crack behind his retina and a scratch on the white of his eye. One doctor said she was not sure if or when he'll get full vision back, Rivera said.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/1...ck-behind-retina-after-being-poked-in-the-eye

McGregor needs to make the UFC 205 fight at MSG happen vs Aldo. Let Cowboy and Alvarez fight for the 155 strap that same night too. McGregor can bully Aldo again and set up a classic face off with the 155 champion after.

Top Bottom