• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

akileese

It's still too early to write Sage off. The kid just turned 20.

His ground game and TDD are indeed awful, but it's all about how serious he wants to take this shit. His athleticism could take him a long way if he wants to, but the rumor is he doesn't train or work hard at all.

If I was him I would take a full year off, go to a serious ass gym, and do nothing but train.

Yep. Dude needs to move to a real gym and get a real team. There is definitely a talented fighter there but he's so one dimensional right now that the book is out on him. I still think Gall did well to stop him when he did. The cut above his right eye looked pretty vicious and had the fight continued, he would have been in real trouble.

Paige, much like Sage, is a young fighter probably being pushed too fast/soon because of their looks and marketability. Waterson just looked like a much more skilled and better fighter there.

Levito

Banned
PVZ is ridiculously tough but she's always going to be a top 15 fighter and not a top 5.

Those folks calling for JJ last fall were so fucking stupid. All you'd get back is bones.

brentech

Thought Paige would be tougher and win, but was hoping Waterson would win via some karate shit.

Been a long while since we've seen her, and her skill out weighed Paige's strength. Great throw.
Paige fucked up trying to be super fast with a throw and losing all grip.

Hype train derailed tonight.

Hi8VCW4.jpg

akileese

Hype train derailed tonight.

I thought it was derailed the last time they put those two on a card together?

All jokes aside, I think Paige is tough enough, but not talented enough. Sage is talented enough, but can't take a punch without going into a shell and folds under pressure. If you could fuse Paige's tenacity into Sage's fighting you might have a top 10 fighter.

Levito

Banned
That was a pretty excellent night of fights, imo. If these Fight Night cards were stacked more evenly like this I'd always set aside time to watch them.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man you can tell Cruz is biting his lip when talking about Faber.
I found it hilarious when a bunch of the analysts/fighters were talking about their favorite Faber moment and Cruz picked a random time when Faber brought an actual circus to the gym (Cruz wasn't even there)...He couldn't even do a bullshit answer about how he loved sharing the octagon with Faber 3 times, instead picking a circus.

That was a pretty excellent night of fights, imo. If these Fight Night cards were stacked more evenly like this I'd always set aside time to watch them.

I'm such a sucker I watch every card no matter what, even the garbage.

I really shouldn't but I'm an addict for this stuff. I think I've only missed one card since UFC 100

Top Bottom