• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

ldcommando

Banned
I think Waterson was having a documentary made about her over the last year+. I feel like I remember her talking about that sometime a couple months ago.
I have no idea if that does anything for her, but maybe you could learn more about her situation in that.

I think it's out already. I remember people talking about it on r/mma. It's called "Fight Mom".

C0D1u86XEAEXp31.jpg

Rooting for the Cro Cop/Heath Herring final classic

I remember at UFC 18 or something Tsuyoshi Kosaka was fighting some dude and all Maurice Smith (his cornerman and once UFC heavyweight champ) would shout was "TK Guard."

yeah, that anecdote sounded more interesting before I typed it out

^some dude named Bas? Probably the only English word TK knew.

So the guy TK is fighting beat Aerts last year? I guess I never watched the Rizin NYE show.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
No fucking way. They dug up TK for this?

Apparently he fought last year too. Why didn't anybody tell me that Japan had perfected the process of creating undead fighters for their entertainment?

Wtf TK beat Collosus last year? I need to dig up last year's Rizin.

I was thinking I haven't seen Heath since Brock knocked him across the ring and sure enough that was the last time he fought in 2008. Wonder what he's going to look like.

I just saw on reddit a rumor that the next TUF is a comebacks style season with Joe Daddy and ... wait for it .. wait for it ... JUNIE F'ING BROWNING!!

Levito

Banned
Khabib vs Aldo then maybe? Interesting fight and clash of styles for sure.

Read the whole interview, good read. I don't quite buy all of it though, Aldo changes his mind about this stuff day in and day out.

I'm fairly certain Aldo fighting for the 155 interim is just be a rumour instigated by the UFC as negotiating tactic to force Ferguson to take the Khabib fight for less money than he's demanding.

iddqd

Came here to post that Interview. (that seems like a bargaining tactic to get more money)
Aldo, to me, comes off as the typical flip flop he has always been.
Lots of excuses for EVERYTHING.

No, I didn't turn that down. [My coach] Andre Pederneiras turned down that fight and wouldn't let me take it. I've never personally turned down any fights.

Dumb

First of all, I never stopped being the champion. When I lost to Conor, he should have rematched me right away. All Conor did was he beat the champion. But he never did what he had to do to become the champion. He's never been the champion of the featherweight division.

My head is spinning

Plus, I've had a long-time dream to try my hand at boxing. It's something I've always wanted to give a shot. Also, soccer. I've always had a passion for soccer.

What a goof

I am not affiliated with any specific union or association. I am in favor of all the unions and associations for athletes. I really want to see improvements for MMA fighters. I want to see improvements across the board, and I feel like most MMA fighters don't really know how to advance their own interests. They need support, they need direction. They need to be organized. They need good leadership to help them to structure that and figure out the best way to move forward.

OK, that sounds good

I was invited to participate in a few of those efforts formally. I didn't turn down those invitations but I didn't accept them. It's not about any associations or the concept of the associations, it's about where I'm at right now. Right now, I see myself as a fighter. I don't see myself as someone who is going to be participating every day in these efforts. I train everyday; I'm always exhausted. I'm always working on prepping for my next fight, recovering from my most recent injury, doing all the things day-to-day that a fighter needs to do

Got it, you are tired from training.

Boo this man

Levito

Banned
Those mental backflips on being the champion....

"A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good."

Like, who else could this be referring to other than Khabib?

Aldo is always full of BS though.

Chumley

Banned
"He never actually beat me" lmao shut up Aldo, he beat you in the most brutal way possible and planned for it to go down like that. It wasn't some fluke.

-MD-

Aldo having a LW interim belt actually sounds hilarious. He can sit and wait for Conor, won't be obligated to defend it and he can keep taking fights at FW. He could say he was the only one to defend a title while holding belts in 2 divisions.

Lmao, hope it happens.

See? Thats why Aldo was never that popular with the non brazilian fans!

Guy has to take a step back for Conor and he wont take it. But you have to take it, thats the problem Aldo...

Lol at Jeff saying, oh I talk to athletes in the locker room and say, 'hey that guy must be on something right?' and they say no, I'm with him every day and he's not.

Levito

Banned
If WME just wants to make tons of money then let's go full freakshow fights.

Demetrious Johnson vs Mark Hunt for the Interim Middleweight championship. CJ would climb over Hunt Shadow Of The Colossus style.

-MD-

If Aldo plans on waiting for Conor to come to him, he's never getting that. Conor's never coming back to that division

I believe they will soon announce an interim lightweight title fight with me. They've been trying to find me an opponent, and -- surprise, surprise -- at least one has already turned down the fight against me. I'm waiting to see who they will find.

Brazilians have zero sense of humour / self deprication as it is, but to get trolled so hard and then KTFO by a guy you legit hate...

Legit

Fox318

If WME just wants to make tons of money then let's go full freakshow fights.

Demetrious Johnson vs Mark Hunt for the Interim Middleweight championship. CJ would climb over Hunt Shadow Of The Colossus style.

IF thats true then CM Punk should be part of the next big card.

Levito

Banned
IF thats true then CM Punk should be part of the next big card.

He's going to be on another PPV, make no mistake. The wrestling fans watch cause they want him to succeed, the MMA fans want to watch the 'wwe guy' fail; easy thing for the company to sell.

They could let Sage crush him to put Sage back on track or w/e

Brazilians have zero sense of humour / self deprication as it is, but to get trolled so hard and then KTFO by a guy you legit hate...

I would legit not be surprised if this whole thing ends with Aldo being arrested for putting out a hit on Conor or something. Dude is just not cut out for the trash talking part of the fight game.

Top Bottom