• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

It's understandable that we might be misunderstood. As mixed martial arts connoisseurs we have diverse opinions developed over many years of analyzing of the aesthetics and creativity expressed between two humans engaged in one of the oldest and purest forms of physical contests.

Levito

Banned
Y'all can drop the high and mighty nonsense. You're posting on fucking Neogaf of all things; the god damned ass end of the gaming industry. Brevity of wit is in short supply within these walls.

Now pardon me as I roll up my UFC 47 poster, fit it neatly within a bottle, then toss it in the sea with some hopes that someone in a far off land will learn of our long standing customs.
Just Bleed.

Weckum

It's understandable that we might be misunderstood. As mixed martial arts connoisseurs we have diverse opinions developed over many years of analyzing of the aesthetics and creativity expressed between two humans engaged in one of the oldest and purest forms of physical contests.

Human cockfighting, breh.

I can't tell if you guys are joking or if you are just confirming that mma fans are dumb as hell

Yeah, not like there are giant threads on reddit, sherdog, and every other mma forum with people speculating wildly about it. Or former and current pro fighters tweeting and suggesting it. You don't think its even worth discussing the possibility Chael would throw a fight for money?

Yeah, not like there are giant threads on reddit, sherdog, and every other mma forum with people speculating wildly about it. Or former and current pro fighters tweeting and suggesting it. You don't think its even worth discussing the possibility Chael would throw a fight for money?

11868.jpg

If Chael is as smart as us MMA fans, then he definitely threw the fight for $$$.

pixelation

This upcoming Fight Night on Saturday is looking legit, several matches i am interested in:

Cerrone vs Masvidal (hoping Masvidal KO's Cerrone)
Arlovski vs Ngannou (hoping Arlovski somehow gets the W...PLEASE!!!)
Marquardt vs Alvey (please PLEASE Marquardt knock Alvey's stupid ass smile out)

The others are okeyish...

zewone

Pena
Cerrone
Ngannou

Those are my picks.

I forgot about Assuncao vs. Sterling. That should be a fun one.

Solid card all around.

Weckum

Bruce being classy:

"No, not at all, not at all. Here’s the real situation. I’m no different than the guy in merchandise or 15 vice presidents who got let go or the entire team in Canada that was shut down," he said.

"I am not the only guy that was let go by the new ownership. It was well over 100 people. I’m the one being talked about because I had the high-profile job. But I’m not going to sit here and weep because new ownership came in and I was one of the guys who got cut," he added.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/1/23/1...stroyed-family-15-minutes-formed-15-years-mma

WME let's go of a significant amount of people and when one of them happens to be an announcer (that many fans constantly complained about, even here in this thread and who also had rumors about drug use during his tenure) then it's Ronda's fault.

Some of y'all wave your bias around like a signal flag.

Mike mentioned on the MMA hour that he never spoke to Dana after UFC 207. No contact. Not only did the UFC not give him a farewell during the broadcast but not even the president talked to him.

Something is definitely up. He had his flaws but his whole departure seems awfully cold.

Mike mentioned on the MMA hour that he never spoke to Dana after UFC 207. No contact. Not only did the UFC not give him a farewell during the broadcast but not even the president talked to him.

Something is definitely up. He had his flaws but his whole departure seems awfully cold.

Real talk, he was the voice of the UFC alongside Rogan for what, 15 years? The UFC essentially ghosted him. Thats not something you do to a valued member of your team whose worked for you for the best part of 2 decades.

Real talk, he was the voice of the UFC alongside Rogan for what, 15 years? The UFC essentially ghosted him. Thats not something you do to a valued member of your team whose worked for you for the best part of 2 decades.

You have a point if the Fertitta's still owned the UFC. WME doesn't care.

Fox318

Id really love to know if theres any truth to this rumour. I want to believe

IIRC I've heard Meltzer say that was the main reason. Her connection with WME was a driving factor and WME wanted her to fight more than once. That's why they made the media concessions and the marketing push around 207.

I will say its kinda odd that Rogan after years of saying if Mike goes I go didn't push back or anything. Especially considering how vocal he is with his podcast.

zewone

IIRC I've heard Meltzer say that was the main reason. Her connection with WME was a driving factor and WME wanted her to fight more than once. That's why they made the media concessions and the marketing push around 207.

I will say its kinda odd that Rogan after years of saying if Mike goes I go didn't push back or anything. Especially considering how vocal he is with his podcast.

He recently signed his 1 year contract. I would bet a lot that he won't renew.

Fox318

He recently signed his 1 year contract. I would bet a lot that he won't renew.

Only reason I could see Rogan staying is if the UFC offers him money to host his podcast on FIghtPass.

Its clear he doesn't want to do the crazy travel schedule anymore with his family and podcast/standup gigs.

Only thing probably keeping Rogan around aside from money is Dana being there and I think Joe's smart enough to know not to trust his word on anything.

Yaari

So who's paying $5 for the McGregor interview? Hats off to him for being different.

Nah. After all the interviews I've already seen with him, I dont think there's much he can say I haven't heard already. He's at his best during press conferences when his opponents are around him.

Chumley

Banned
i agree, Chael has been doing works for years.

I don't think there was a fix on the part of Bellator, but I'm totally certain that Chael threw the fight intentionally either out of just not caring or because he put money on Tito.

Everything about it screamed fake if you look at what Chael was doing. Even with 3 years off and not on the juice, he not only didn't look like himself at all but did some highly questionable shit on the ground.

Also, Ariel Helwani should calm the fuck down and think about why people are unanimously calling this a work instead of screaming about how big an accusation it is. Something can be a work even if the only people aware of the work is one fighter and his bookie. I mean, Chael is a guy who admires the WWE and worships Donald Trump so much that he copies his fucking hand gestures. If anyone is going to pull something like this it's him.

Fox318

So who's paying $5 for the McGregor interview? Hats off to him for being different.

if it wasn't prescripted questions I'd consider buying it.

Understanding his perspective on his philosophy on striking, the pomp and circumstance of his wrestling style promos, and what's his priority in fighting now (is it just money, does he want to fight the best, does he want to prove anything to anyone).

But its probably just gonna be "hurr durr Floyd Mayweather hurr durr Nate hurr durr I want the 170lb belt"

Eanan

Nah. After all the interviews I've already seen with him, I dont think there's much he can say I haven't heard already. He's at his best during press conferences when his opponents are around him.
The hour long helwani interview is surely worth it though.

Fitts

Guess the brass told everyone to push WBW as a "deep" division since they can't sell Ronda anymore. It's not -- shallowest in the UFC.

Top Bottom