• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Oscar

I'll believe it when he faces someone really good on the ground. Oh wait, this is the 2017 UFC HW division, there is no ground fighting anymore.

Yeah, he's legit.

HW division is a joke right now, Ngannou could very well be next in line for the title. Especially after that Dana tweet blowing smoke up his ass.

Guru-Guru

Banned
HW division is a joke right now, Ngannou could very well be next in line for the title. Especially after that Dana tweet blowing smoke up his ass.
It's pretty crazy when you consider that Ngannou is turning 31 this year, yet is still pretty damn young compared to the rest of the division.

It's pretty crazy when you consider that Ngannou is turning 31 this year, yet is still pretty damn young compared to the rest of the division.

The HW division is running on zombies.

It's crazy how little legit young talent there is. Everyone's cutting to 205 now.

....AND COWBOY SAVED BY THE BELL.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Nice to see Masvidal be super aggressive. I remember watching him lose a couple fights by split-decision where he just went on cruise control after round 1.

Cowboy deserved the ranking tbf, he wen't 4-0 at welterweight up until running into Masvidal, and he fought some legit dudes.

Rankings ain't an accurate measurement for fighting calibre though.

I'm of the belief that rankings in fighting orgs should always be slotted. You can only jump as high as the guy you beat or by having a better win ratio that takes competition level into mind to break ties.

I hope Valentina beats that ass.

I'm of the belief that rankings in fighting orgs should always be slotted. You can only jump as high as the guy you beat or by having a better win ratio that takes competition level into mind to break ties.

Makes logical sense, but fighting organisation prefer and need more flexibility so it's unlikely to happen.

Oscar

Pena strikes like shit, Ronda tier arm winging punches.

Valentina should outclass her easily, but Pena is scrappy and could possibly get this to the ground.

If Pena takes Valentina down, she stands a chance.

If Valentina controls distance and picks her shots, she won't be threatened in the least standing.

Top Bottom