• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Fox318

Getting caught up on the card....Cerrone should not have been sent out there for that 2nd round. Fuck you Greg Jackson.
I don't get coaches and corners that do that shit.

The guys life is in your hands. You already got fucking paid.

You even see shit like that in armature fights and it's insane.

VoxPop

Absolutely thrilled to see Pena get destroyed at her own game but Conor's interview won the night. Dude is on another stratosphere in terms of marketing himself and i absolutely believe Conor vs Floyd is gonna happen in the near future.

Conor loves money. Why wouldn't he want that Mayweather fight and make more than he's ever made in the octagon.

That fight isn't happening though. Mayweather can't make 100 million dollars as long as Conor is under contract with the UFC.

Also, as a Maia fan I was glad to see Ceronne lose. Maia better get his ass in the spotlight and start calling for the winner of the Wonderboy/Woodley fight.

Weckum

and dana's reaction to conor saying fuck ufc, etc.

https://youtu.be/LDcOkZzHw2k?t=4m10s

bleRd8b.png

Is this more

"Hello darkness my old friend"

or

"I've made a huge mistake"?

here's the

$5 conor PPV interview

meh quality but doesnt matter too much

and dana's reaction to conor saying fuck ufc, etc.

https://youtu.be/LDcOkZzHw2k?t=4m10s

funny watch dana awkwardly try to cover up his neck fat with his collar. also does the fat guy thing where he tugs at his shirt.

dude's got an eating disorder or something. goes from being in decent shape a few months back to being tony soprano sized. he's been oscillating like this for awhile. I wonder if the sporadic weight gain has anything to do with his manure's disease.

e: made it about 5 mins into conor's press conference. total shit

blessed-gif.64

Trump supporters been getting that ass whooped by Latinos.

Miesha Tate. DESTROYED by Amanda Nunes.

Tim Kennedy. DEMOLISHED by Kelvin Gastelum.*

Donald Cerrone. ANNIHILATED by Jorge Masvidal.

Pretty sure Gastelum is Latino but I might be wrong on that one.l

blessed-gif.64

if gastelum isn't latino then he's a mexican weeabo because he brings the mexican flag to the ring and comes out to ranchera music

Chumley

Banned
blessed-gif.64

Though sadly the Tito vs. Chael "whoever wins we lose" fight, both of them Trumpers though Tito the far dumber of the two

13473090_1565168057119228_2059867071_n.jpg

What did she do or say?

"In my opinion, women rule the world. We are the neck and we make the head turn. I feel like that's the way that it should be and I feel like, if anything, we deserve to get paid 10 times more than the men. Sorry to say, but that's just me being a female and me also wanting more money. Women do a better job. We draw more, we're more exciting, we have 10 times more heart, we don't quit. It's a more personal thing for a female and it shows in the fights, and I think we should be getting paid for that. I feel like I should be getting paid more for that."

She also got drunk at a bar, felt up some innocent girls she felt were dressed inappropriately there (and later bragged about it), got into a brawl because of that.

Then she went to a different bar, and when the owner (acquaintance of hers) wouldn't let her and her drunk idiot friend into his business after hours to clean up his bloody mess of a face, she kicked him and his friend in the dick. Oh, and she wiped blood all over his door.

As far as I know, she's never apologized.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...egedly-kicked-victims-in-groin-multiple-times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qulW1o-6uM0

I will sacrifice my first born and convert to any religion it takes if it means Conor knocking that wife beating piece of shit into the shadow realm.

Lol its gonna be a shit show in a lot of ways, but fun as hell. A lot of people are working to get it done, but its almost assuredly gonna happen.

Depending on how willing the parties are to get it done, don't rule out a contract buy out. 2 fights left on McGregor's current deal as far as I know. Though I believe WME wants in on the payday so we will just see cross promotion with Mayweather Promotions.

One other thing Floyd absolutely wants the fights. Some people trying to say that both sides don't want it. They do. As long as the numbers get figured out (they will) its happening.

I will sacrifice my first born and convert to any religion it takes if it means Conor knocking that wife beating piece of shit into the shadow realm.

Its gonna be a boxing match. Have any of you guys actually seen Mayweather fight? Hes a marvelous boxer. Im excited for Conor fights but hes not going to win that one.

brentech

95% of people that pay to watch Floyd are hoping he gets KOd. It's definitely not because he's entertaining, even though he's technically great.
He's no Roy Jones Jr.

-MD-

I'd rather watch Conor fight Dennis Siver again than go and fight Mayweather in some random boxing match with weird rules.

Weckum

blessed-gif.64

Wait, Cerrone is a Trumpeteer?

e595db9b09225dd1c5f6437d757bc4a5.gif

Levito

Banned
Dana White literally spoke at the Republican National Convention last summer and praised Trump to hell and back.

This sport is full of fucking assholes.

Payouts from last night are fucking sad.

Shevchenko and Pena got $2,500 a piece? Da fuck?

That's the Reebok money. Nobody in the UFC earns less than 10,000$ per fight (or 12,500$ with the minimum Reebok payout).

Edit :

Valentina Schevchenko earned 32,000$ for her last fight (16,000$ to show + 16,000 win bonus), so that's probably what she earned last night. If you add her Performance of the night bonus and the Reebok sponsorship, she went home with 84,500$.

Juliana Pena earned 34,000$ to show + 2,500$ from the Reebok sponsorship.

Mega

Banned
What was the average fighter earning from sponsorships before Reebok? A couple thousand sounds pretty crappy.

She also got drunk at a bar, felt up some innocent girls she felt were dressed inappropriately there (and later bragged about it), got into a brawl because of that.

Then she went to a different bar, and when the owner (acquaintance of hers) wouldn't let her and her drunk idiot friend into his business after hours to clean up his bloody mess of a face, she kicked him and his friend in the dick. Oh, and she wiped blood all over his door.

As far as I know, she's never apologized.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...egedly-kicked-victims-in-groin-multiple-times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qulW1o-6uM0

Yikes, she's a really shitty person. The fuck is wrong with her? That's like mental instability. Had no idea she was that awful although she always seemed a little unhinged and rambly on TUF and in interviews. I'm glad Nunes at least seems to be a modest, down to earth goofball.

VoxPop

Listening to Conor talk about Mayweather for an hour was more entertaining than that shitshow of a Rumble. He made the smart move turning down that Mania spot.

Chumley

Banned
Rousey actually showed up at the Standing Rock protest

Which is why I feel more empathy than scorn for her regarding her UFC career. She's full of fragile ego but I don't believe she's a bad person.

Then again, Rousey is a Newtown 'truther' so fuck that.

That's the one legit bad thing I've seen from her and I wish she'd just say "I said a stupid thing a while back, I don't know why, but I don't believe it and I'm sorry."

Conor palyed his cards well. He has all the options and his next fight is going to do huge numbers. He has to do whats right for himself and that Floyd boxing matchup would probably net him a 50+ million payday.

I love how angry Danas face went when he said it would be an epic fall if Conor were to go against the UFC. Fuck that slimeball Dana. The guy was at the right spot at the right time and he has been cashing in ever since. I would love to see Conor set up a money match without UFC's involvement. Please do it!

Top Bottom