• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

tumblr_m6u884nuWF1rxsbjao1_500.jpg

WELCOME BACK, ZOMBIE

SoundLad

Had too many drinks and fell asleep before the main and co-main events.

Caught the fights now and wow, that Korean Zombie fight took a tight turn quick! Super nice knockout.

Grasso fight was a bit of a disappointment, Grasso kept eating those counters. Was rooting for her. In fairness, Herrig looked very intimidating the whole fight.

Zombie, what a legend. So good to have him back. Missed a trick by not coming out to white zombies "I, Zombie", instead of weak ass Zombie by The Cranberries.

UFC Fight Night in Seoul, South Korea

Main: Korean Zombie vs Cub Swanson
Co-Main: Korean Superboy vs Yair Rodriquez
Co-Co-Main: Stun Gun Kim vs Jorge Masvidal

Print money

Print money
Also get the other Dong Hyung Kim in the UFC in there for funsies.

"Strength of a sunflower seed"
~mak

Weckum

Print money

Bring Bendo back to the UFC for one match, he's half Korean.

Hahahahahaaha, I apologize for even suggesting that.

The female fights were good.

Angela Hill vs Jessica Andrede was great. Hill looked much improved but her fight IQ isn't where it needs to be. Andrede was rolling in like Wanderlei Silva and Hill should have used elbows in the pocket.

Herrig fought her ass off and finally Alexa Grasso's conservative point fighting style that she's shown in the UFC finally caught up with her.

The female fights were good.

Angela Hill vs Jessica Andrede was great. Hill looked much improved but her fight IQ isn't where it needs to be. Andrede was rolling in like Wanderlei Silva and Hill should have used elbows in the pocket.

Herrig fought her ass off and finally Alexa Grasso's conservative point fighting style that she's shown in the UFC finally caught up with her.
That was not the Alexa Grasso I saw fighting Mizuki Inoue. But then again, she was fighting Mizuki Inoue. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

VoxPop

Some good upcoming bets, gents.

Anderson Silva +130 - No fucking way he goes out losing to Derek Brunson. His striking is trash and I don't believe his ground game is good enough to hold Anderson down for 3 rounds and pummel him.

Holly Holm +105 - A little iffy here but I think Holm can survive GDR's clinch and jab her for 5 rounds.

Fedor +140 - People sleeping on him here because he got wrecked by Maldonado. Fedor's issue has always been fighting technical strikers with his wild loopy shitty haymakers but I don't see any way he loses to Mitrione. As much as I would love to see Fedor get slept, I see this as an easy win for him.

Some good upcoming bets, gents.

Anderson Silva +130 - No fucking way he goes out losing to Derek Brunson. His striking is trash and I don't believe his ground game is good enough to hold Anderson down for 3 rounds and pummel him.

Holly Holm +105 - A little iffy here but I think Holm can survive GDR's clinch and jab her for 5 rounds.

Fedor +140 - People sleeping on him here because he got wrecked by Maldonado. Fedor's issue has always been fighting technical strikers with his wild loopy shitty haymakers but I don't see any way he loses to Mitrione. As much as I would love to see Fedor get slept, I see this as an easy win for him.

-Brunson can easily out-athlete (read: take down and hold down) Old Man Andy. I'll take Brunson all day on that one, and it'll be awful.

-Holm destroys Germaine easily if Germaine is her usual aggressive self. Holm is like that one boss in Final Fantasy VII where if you attack it at a certain time it absorbs that power and unleashes it back on you many times over. If you take a calm, measured approach against her, that's how you beat her, like Pennington could've. It takes a lot to wake up Holly's killer instinct, and if it doesn't happen she's content to coast through a fight and drop a decision. I see Germaine getting into a straight up brawl with Holm, however, and it will be Germaine's downfall.

Fedor will get his hand raised vs Meathead, because it's Meathead. Dude is awful.

VoxPop

-Brunson can easily out-athlete (read: take down and hold down) Old Man Andy. I'll take Brunson all day on that one, and it'll be awful.

-Holm destroys Germaine easily if Germaine is her usual aggressive self. Holm is like that one boss in Final Fantasy VII where if you attack it at a certain time it absorbs that power and unleashes it back on you many times over. If you take a calm, measured approach against her, that's how you beat her, like Pennington could've. It takes a lot to wake up Holly's killer instinct, and if it doesn't happen she's content to coast through a fight and drop a decision. I see Germaine getting into a straight up brawl with Holm, however, and it will be Germaine's downfall.

Fedor will get his hand raised vs Meathead, because it's Meathead. Dude is awful.

I don't expect the pudgy 12 day notice Anderson Silva to show up in Brooklyn but the slower version of the killer of old at 185. My precious Anderson will find a way to put Brunson to sleep on Saturday night. :(

Haunted

I hope this is Anderson Silva's retirement match. I don't want to see more legends getting beat up by younger fighters.

At this point he must be one of the fighters with the longest no-win streak that still has a UFC contract. 4 losses and a No Contest thanks to PEDs. Last win was in 2012 over Stephen fucking Bonnar.

I hope this is Anderson Silva's retirement match. I don't want to see more legends getting beat up by younger fighters.

At this point he must be one of the fighters with the longest no-win streak that still has a UFC contract. 4 losses and a No Contest thanks to PEDs. Last win was in 2012 over Stephen fucking Bonnar.

Thats genuinely hard to believe. Feels like only yesterday he was this unstoppable KO highlight reel finish machine.

Ed Soares on Gabi Garcia via Instagram.

“WARNING!!!!! BEWARE OF GABI GARCIA!!! @gabigarciaoficial

This is what happens when you try to help an unethical person rent an apartment!!! She had no place to live and sure enough @jorgeguimaraes and I rent an apartment for her under our company name. So what does she do? She burns us and sticks us with a bill!!! Not only that but she owes Tough Media $4000 for commissions from her fight back on 12/31/15 and almost $3000 in unpaid utility bills. Be careful @titoortiz1999 @criscyborg @rayelbe or anyone else that comes in contact with her!!!”

Hahaha, hey none of the shit was in her name.

Heel

Ed needs to understand that Gabi is preparing for the biggest fight of her career against Jazzy Alpha Female. He'll be paid in unmarked $100 bills shortly thereafter.

"Determination of a pistachio"
"Anderson Silva will lose"
Heel

SteveWD40

tbf, he did KO Bisping, but Herb Dean.

iPCztOQ.gif

TKO at best, Bisping was no more out than Nick Diaz was against Daley the second time he got dropped. You can see him recovering / covering up almost right away.

I love Silva, but his time is done, he only landed that shot cos Bisping was being an idiot.

SteveWD40

Romero is going to kill Bisping. Mikey is pretty calm in all of these pre matchup talks. I hope he will be okay.

So was Rockhold.

I get it, he isn't popular and he isn't the greatest, but he is always working hard and always improving. I wouldn't be shocked to see a boring fight with Mike getting the UD.

Top Bottom