• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Dr.Acula

Banned
It sure does but Dana will still tell Mousasi he didn't really beat Weidman and give him a low ball offers to stay in the UFC.

that-s-fucking-illegal-o.gif

zewone

New York continually making things up as they go settles things?

You're upset they made the right call.

Would it have been better if Dan stopped the fight and DQ'd Mousasi for a legal knee?

You're against the use of instant replays, which are widely used in other sports to help remove human error?

I don't have the rules up now but read them on Saturday and I believe the ref has full jurisdiction to "assess" the situation and make the call. I don't remember there being specific limitations on how he gets the information he uses to assess the situation or a stipulation that once he makes a call he can't reverse it. I would rather the rules not be super specific about process. There needs to be leeway in unusual situations.

But there were a lot of other fuck ups this weekend.

You're upset they made the right call.

Would it have been better if Dan stopped the fight and DQ'd Mousasi for a legal knee?

You're against the use of instant replays, which are widely used in other sports to help remove human error?

Stopping a fight and giving an indiviual 5min to recover just to use it against him right after is human error.

There's a middle ground here which would have been NC.

If Weidman dropped like a sack of potatoes after that knee I would get it, but that wasn't even close to what happened .

zewone

Stopping a fight and giving an indiviual 5min to recover just to use it against him right after is human error.

There's a middle ground here which would have been NC.

If Weidman dropped like a sack of potatoes after that knee I would get it, but that wasn't even close to what happened .

If Weidman could have continued he wouldn't have dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes like he did.

He couldn't tell the doctor what day it was.

He told the doctor it was February.

Sounds like a guy with a concussion.

If Weidman wanted to keep fighting he would have made the effort. So either he milked it to try and get the DQ (which he pretty much admitted he was looking to win by DQ at the press conference). Or he was TKO'd.

Weidman did not want to fight after that break or he was unfit to fight.

Either way, the result should have been a Mousasi win.

lol he didn't drop like a sack of potatoes, he stopped fighting when Dan called it.

It's like we haven't seen much much worse knockdowns (and that wasn't a knockdown) continue time and time again. That fight should have not been any different.

Chumley

Banned
If Weidman could have continued he wouldn't have dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes like he did.

He couldn't tell the doctor what day it was.

He told the doctor it was February.

Sounds like a guy with a concussion.

If Weidman wanted to keep fighting he would have made the effort. So either he milked it to try and get the DQ (which he pretty much admitted he was looking to win by DQ at the press conference). Or he was TKO'd.

Weidman did not want to fight after that break or he was unfit to fight.

Either way, the result should have been a Mousasi win.

Fighters have gotten concussed and gone on to win before, and Dan told him it was an illegal knee. He was in the clear to sit down and use the recovery time.

Running the rock is no joke.

Unfortunately BJ is.

But actually I think he beats Siver, then signs up to fight one of the Oliveiras or someone else completely out of his league, and becomes the first UFC in-cage death within the next year.

I'm in Kansas City for the fight's this weekend. Really good card on paper so looking forward to it.

KC is really impressing me so far. Awesome underrated city

Wow, Jeremy Stephens, Smolka, Ashley Evans Smith, Roy Nelson, Sterling, etc. Card is fantastic up and down.

Yeah it's really good. When I saw the lineup I decided it was for sure worth attending live. Especially glad I came as I'm loving Kansas City.

Debating going to the Oklahoma City card as well to see BJ one last time but I'm not sure it will be worth the depression if he gets destroyed

I mean Siver is short, one dimensional, and hasnt fought in 2 years. Even without evolving in 10 years, BJ should have the skills to pick him apart.

I mean Siver is short, one dimensional, and hasnt fought in 2 years. Even without evolving in 10 years, BJ should have the skills to pick him apart.

BJ hasn't had an easy fight since?

Siver is a downgrade in competition by ten folds.

I would assume BJ wins that fight as well. But this is BJ Penn we are talking about here, the fighter that seems bound and determined to have the least graceful exit from the UFC.

brentech

Jacare Souza has signed a new eight-fight deal with the UFC, per his team. The first fight of the deal is tomorrow. They're very happy.

damnnnnn.

I was banned for the the event last week. I think Weidman got a raw deal with the way all of that went down. It's possible he would have lost in that position, but he wasn't out or down when the fight got stopped. Pretty fucked up.

Bet of the night though . Bobby Green getting the W with a +300. He has been going full tard mode lately in his fights though , only variable.

Sorry guys, you're way too caught up on this fantasy land where Jacare is so above the rest of the competition. He has been fighting scrubs and dad bod Vitor. Whitaker is way better than all the competition he has faced since Jacare fought a timid Mousasi .

Top Bottom