• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, I was watching some vids of Cain training, and doing ridiculous shit that obviously could mess up his knee. I think, with the current state of the HW division, he could spend 1/2 the time he currently does in the gym and still beat just about anybody fairly easily. No point getting injured over and over.

Man, I was watching some vids of Cain training, and doing ridiculous shit that obviously could mess up his knee. I think, with the current state of the HW division, he could spend 1/2 the time he currently does in the gym and still beat just about anybody fairly easily. No point getting injured over and over.
I think you're getting worked brah. Doubt he trains as hard and as often as we are lead to believe. This is man with brown pride tattoo with not enough pride to learn Spanish.

scabro

i think hes not with the trainer that made him do that crazy shit anymore

Heel

Reza Madadi re-signs with UFC following 14-month prison stint

yaaas.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Was Madadi the guy who got warned by the referee for telling his opponent to "get up, bitch"?

VoxPop

Zero hype going into this Saturday's HW title fight. These guys are so unbelievably bland. Werdum can be a decent troll sometimes but not enough to sell fights. Only thing they got going on is that its the top 2 HWs unifying a title. I see it doing about 300k buys if not less.

The superstar landscape is incredibly barren at the moment with Ronda and McGregor being the only ones carrying the torch. Really hoping Conor makes it past Aldo so there is someone to actually root for. UFC should really be putting their muscle behind finding and creating stars. Not signing shit Reebok deals to seem more "professional". Gonna end up with a bunch of Spurs vs. Grizzlies type matchups that no one gives a shit about.

industrian

HW dudes are too unpredictable to build into stars. Jones was potentially a star but obviously doesn't have the mentality for it. DC is too old to put any solid investment behind him. Weidman is the epitome of vanilla. Rockhold has potential. No-one at welterweight outside of GSP and Diaz have any sort of following. Pettis is too fragile. No-one cares about anyone lighter than 145.

Aldo is going to hammer Conor. But don't worry, Aldo will step up to 155 immediately afterwards and you can enjoy Conor vs. <insert non-threatening striker here> for the vacant 145 title.

Now I understand why these scrubs on TUF haven't made it in the UFC. How are you a 170 lb'er and gas in the first round after 2 take down attempts.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HW dudes are too unpredictable to build into stars. Jones was potentially a star but obviously doesn't have the mentality for it. DC is too old to put any solid investment behind him. Weidman is the epitome of vanilla. Rockhold has potential. No-one at welterweight outside of GSP and Diaz have any sort of following. Pettis is too fragile. No-one cares about anyone lighter than 145.

Aldo is going to hammer Conor. But don't worry, Aldo will step up to 155 immediately afterwards and you can enjoy Conor vs. <insert non-threatening striker here> for the vacant 145 title.
And they won't keep the small cage for all events.

VoxPop

Honestly HW is the least of my worries. They're going to need a real superstar to bring it out of the gutter. I'm talking a chiseled KO machine who can speak English and goes on at least a 10-0 run. Its highly unlikely. Overeem could have been that guy (but that's near impossible now) and maybe even Hari if he kept his shit together and had a promising sprawl. I'm not interested in a bunch of out of shape wrestlers and failed football players.

Bones had a great thing going for him. Picked up a ton of popularity with his Cormier scuffle and just defined greatness in MMA (minus his terrible babyface attitude). If he had just gone full heel, he would have been fantastic. But with his recent troubles, he might become an even bigger star if he were to return and didn't miss a beat.

DC... no, just no.

Honestly, Weidman has some promise. He's a cocky fucker and if he continues to dominate the division and throw in some decent promos, then I can see him becoming decently popular over time.

Rockhold is just as bland as all the other AKA guys minus old school Kos.

A GSP return would be great for the sport as the John Cena-esque babyface but that ship is slowly sailing away. Diaz is awesome and one of my favorites but he's just not good enough to carry the 170 or 185 torch.

At 155, we're going to be stuck with a try-hard in Nurmagomedov for the forseeable future. Cowboy could become a semi-star if he keeps at it.

Believe it or not, a lot of my casual fan friends dig Conor. "That little irish guy who stole Jose what's his face's belt!" He has the fighting style and mouth to become a huge star (at least internationally) if he could win the strap. Which is a huge if. Not to mention the murderer's row waiting for him. It's a tough road but that's what'll take him to the next tier.

Ronda is awesome but will only last till Cyborg knees her pretty face in like she did to Gina's career.

Bones is our only hope. Get well soon.

I mean theres still Ronda, Silva, Cain and Aldo/Connor around. You make it sound like the UFC needs Brock Sanders back.
Theres still huge interest in these guys...its very unfortunate that most of the guys arent training smartly and good matchups are being scratched off of events OR people are getting busted.
I just wish GSP could come back. Why cant everyone have the Budo Georgie had.

OSSSSS!

930.png

Not sure about Cains line. I get it hes a beast but his layoff is real (21 months!!). Cains did pretty well in his last comeback fight so Im not sure. Maybe a little stab at Werdum at +4xx. Hes been more active and hes durable.
I could take a stab at Eddies line here because he has the tools to win by points...and he needs this victory. Gilbert comes off a matchup where he lost his dream so its either he has one more comeback in his heart or hes a shell.

Yaari

Yeah I like Cejudo a lot. What a great skillset and his striking keeps getting better. I just wish he'd focus on effective striking, he does throw a lot of spinning shit that never hits.

He really puts the pressure on. Can't wait to see him get into title contention.

Guru-Guru

Banned
The card this weekend, at least on paper, is pretty shit. I'm interested in Velasquez vs Cain, even though there is no hype around the fight, and in all likelihood, Cain is going to destroy him. Alvarez vs Melendez should be fun, but both guys are coming off getting manhandled, and once again, no buzz around their fight. Gastelum got embarrassed in his last outing, and he's facing a scrub who has lost his last 4 of 5. Other 2 fights are all TUF alumni...Only reason they are on the main card is because a bunch of them are Mexican.

I honestly might skip this and just check out the gifs afterwards.

Thank god UFC 189 is in a month!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Heel I was a complete mess last night and couldn't figure out how to get the stream to work.

In fact I still can't.

industrian

Cejudo is another one of those guys with all the talent in the world and the ability to finish most opponents easily - yet who doesn't pull the trigger because he's scared of going out of his comfort zone.

That and I wonder what the odds of him making weight are.

The larger cage means like 60-70 more front-row seats. And more and more floor seats in every row behind that.

Given the prices of those floor seats generally start at $1K, and can shoot as high as $25k for front row, the smaller cage is not going to happen if they can avoid it.

I want a reality show where Gil and this guy live together and Gil has to explain everything to him. Either that or these two travel around in An Idiot Abroad type show where Gil acts as a tour guide and ushers the journalist through various countries.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/6/1...underwent-random-drug-test-thursday-but-urine

UFC champion Jose Aldo underwent random drug test Thursday, but urine sample was discarded

Jose Aldo, who defends the UFC featherweight title against Conor McGregor on July 11, underwent an unannounced drug test on Thursday morning, however his urine sample won’t be sent to the lab.

Ben Mosier from Drug Free Sport lab went to Nova Uniao on Thursday morning to collect urine sample from the 145-pound champion, but Aldo's manager, Andre Pederneiras, was suspicious about the man. Aldo gave Mosier the urine sample, but Pederneiras contacted the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) about the test, and CABMMA officials informed Pederneiras that they were not informed by it either.

According to Pederneiras, CABMMA COO Cristiano Sampaio contacted the Brazilian federal police and met Pederneiras, Aldo, and Mosier at Nova Uniao. They learned that Mosier is licensed by the Nevada Athletic Commission, however his visa doesn’t allow him to work in Brazil. Mosier was issued a $130 dollar fine and has been given eight days to leave the country.
lol

"These fuckin' goofs don't know about the bonus checks we send out. It is what it is."

Well the sports that are covered on that list are much, much older than MMA/UFC and they have mass appeal except boxing. Pacs and Floyds income is insane BUT these guys are special fighters. Not everybody is like that!

Top Bottom