• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

scabro

ufc-conor-mcgregor-youve-never-seen-anyone-like-me-t-shirt_500.jpg

Heel

#1 Father Body Fedor passed the baton knowing it was in good hands, as his legacy strengthens in the MMA rear view. I think we all know what would've happened to either of these combatants in the belly of Saitama.

%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%95%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B5.jpg

VoxPop

Werdum JDS 2

or

JDS Reem for a shot

Stipe / Cain

Browne / Rothwell

Arlovski couldn't even beat Schaub. He has no business in the cage with Werdum.

Yaari

Werdum JDS 2

or

JDS Reem for a shot

Stipe / Cain

Browne / Rothwell

Arlovski couldn't even beat Schaub. He has no business in the cage with Werdum.

I like the Arlovski fight with Werdum. They can play the rematch angle. And JDS vs Reem on the side would work well for the next one, I agree.

I'm not sure what I'd do with Cain. I'd hope he wants to get back in there ASAP considering the long lay-off.

MjFrancis

Never seen Cain this bad, but he's still elite until proven otherwise, he's just not the GOAT HW everyone was making him out to be. In five years he's beaten Brock Lesnar, Bigfoot, and JDS - that's it. All the GOAT talk came right out of Dana White's Kool-Aid glass.

So after Dana says Gastolum can't fight at 170, he announces today that he and Efrain Escudero, who I think fights at 155, will be coaching TUF Mexico 2 and meeting on the November Mexico card. Poor Kelvin is probably coaching for free just to fight at 170.

They're both coaches and will be on the next Mexico card but they aren't fighting each other. Gas is stuck at 185 until he looses that burrito belly.

So after Dana says Gastolum can't fight at 170, he announces today that he and Efrain Escudero, who I think fights at 155, will be coaching TUF Mexico 2 and meeting on the November Mexico card. Poor Kelvin is probably coaching for free just to fight at 170.
While it's refreshing that Gastelum admits he doesn't want to fight at 185 cause he doesn't think he can beat the likes of Rockhold and Wildman, he has to accept its his division. He looked great physically and performance wise. He's just too big for 170.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I think Gastelum could make 170. But he'd need to successfully make weight for and win a few warm up matches against low-ranked competition before he was trusted to get in the mix for a title shot. Whereas with 185 all he'd need to do is beat Michael Bisping.

scabro

I think Gastelum could make 170. But he'd need to successfully make weight for and win a few warm up matches against low-ranked competition before he was trusted to get in the mix for a title shot. Whereas with 185 all he'd need to do is beat Michael Bisping.

he'd have to do some test cuts to dana privately to prove that he can make it reliably. I think it was Cejudo who had to do that to prove to Dana he could make 125 after having trouble.

While it's refreshing that Gastelum admits he doesn't want to fight at 185 cause he doesn't think he can beat the likes of Rockhold and Wildman, he has to accept its his division. He looked great physically and performance wise. He's just too big for 170.

He's straight up (athletically) fat at 185. He has said many a time he loves home cooking and comfort food. If he was really committed, 170 wouldn't be an issue. It comes down to how much does he want to win.

So happy to have werdum as a champion.

Also, sea level cain is a thing now.
Cain will only accept beach fights now. Speaking of which am I crazy or do I remember in the early days of Bellator they used to have open air events at some beach promenade/boardwalk type place?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Never seen Cain this bad, but he's still elite until proven otherwise, he's just not the GOAT HW everyone was making him out to be. In five years he's beaten Brock Lesnar, Bigfoot, and JDS - that's it. All the GOAT talk came right out of Dana White's Kool-Aid glass.
It was pathetic that Cain only trained for 2 weeks in Mexico at that altitude meanwhile Fabricio set up shop for 3 months. brown pride

VoxPop

Would any of you actually watch if I streamed 24 hours of MMA? Got a spare PC doing nothing so yeah. Mostly UFC and a few Pride shows. Got everything from around UFC 140 to present with all the Fight Nights and FOX shows in between. No Prelims. Seeing if I should bother doing it. Wouldn't mind if people actually watched it. Would be a private channel.

MjFrancis

It was pathetic that Cain only trained for 2 weeks in Mexico at that altitude meanwhile Fabricio set up shop for 3 months. brown pride
It's been said, but I really am grateful that this past weekend's matchup has cemented the phrase "sea-level Cain" into our collective MMA lexicon.

I'll thank Joe Rogan for bringing up the altitude preparation as soon as it was clear Cain was on the wrong side of the ass whoopin'.

Top Bottom