• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

pixelation

At least one fighter has the balls to call it like it is...
paMqNmZ.png

iddqd

Guys I'm still on a high from Saturday's event.

I should just not watch any UFC now for a week or so to stay on that note.
How much could I miss? OR WAIT! 398 EVENTS!

How in the world did all three judges have it 3-1 Rory before the finish?

Am I just biased cause I'm all like "f*ck Rory"?!

Shoot, there last fight was a split when all I saw was Rory get plastered for 3 rounds.

dream

How in the world did all three judges have it 3-1 Rory before the finish?

Am I just biased cause I'm all like "f*ck Rory"?!

Shoot, there last fight was a split when all I saw was Rory get plastered for 3 rounds.

I'm all fuck Rory too, but I think he definitely won 3 and 4. 1 is a little iffier to me, but it was so boring that I can't accurately judge it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm all fuck Rory too, but I think he definitely won 3 and 4. 1 is a little iffier to me, but it was so boring that I can't accurately judge it.

Nothing happened in R1 but I'm pretty sure Rory landed more and was more active. I thought R4 was harder to judge but Rory being up 3-1 doesn't shock me in the slightest.

Yaari

Grown really tired of Wanderlei commenting on everything. Surely there's some truth to some of the things he says, but that loudmouth crap with obnoxious music in the background.. Just let it go already. Jeez.

Dysun

whenever wanderlei says something stupid just remember he ran out the back of a gym when they came to collect his blood/urine

that's his lasting impact on the sport

Razdek

Banned
Chad Mendes getting 500k and ppv points for losing ain't so bad. He's never going to see those numbers ever again but good for him for getting paid.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
yeah 3-1 rory seems plausible enough

even robbies corner was telling him he had to knock him out i think

If Rory was bitter at getting crumbled by Condit when he was ten seconds from winning a decision, then this shit will gnaw at his bones until the day he retires.

Nothing happened in R1 but I'm pretty sure Rory landed more and was more active. I thought R4 was harder to judge but Rory being up 3-1 doesn't shock me in the slightest.

1,2 Robbie 3,4 Rory

Rory missed or got blocked a lot in the first round.

Rory only made $59k plus FOTN bonus? Geezus, that fight might have caused permanent damage and could also shorten his life. No way that was worth $100k. UFC paid Robbie ($300k), they need to step up and write Rory another check for $200k. That fight is going to be replayed on Fight Pass for decades.

Rory only made $59k plus FOTN bonus? Geezus, that fight might have caused permanent damage and could also shorten his life. No way that was worth $100k. UFC paid Robbie ($300k), they need to step up and write Rory another check for $200k. That fight is going to be replayed on Fight Pass for decades.

Don't worry he probably got a ton of extra money from sponsorships.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why'd you make me go and do that? I checked how much MacDonald actually got, and his sponsorship payout is 30K.

Matt Brown gets a whopping 15K. I'm sure that's no better than what he was getting before. He should thank Dana for his amazing business acumen and how much he cares for the fighters.

After watching the two events this weekend it has occurred to me (yes, it's taken me this long) that Reebok is making out like friggin bandits with this deal. They had advertising out the wazoo. The only place without their name or logo was ironically on the octagon floor but that's only because every inch of that is already covered with ads and logos. Take all that exposure times 100 events in a year times seven years. And all they had to pay was $70 million? It really boggles my mind that UFC agreed to an amount that low to give up so much control and identity. If it isn't the result of a total fuck up the only other thing I can surmise is that Zuffa is going to try to sell their ownership within the next two to three years.

Unless you back out of a PPV. Then we will let the world know your business - specifically your medical status and potential earnings.

industrian

After watching the two events this weekend it has occurred to me (yes, it's taken me this long) that Reebok is making out like friggin bandits with this deal. They had advertising out the wazoo. The only place without their name or logo was ironically on the octagon floor but that's only because every inch of that is already covered with ads and logos. Take all that exposure times 100 events in a year times seven years. And all they had to pay was $70 million? It really boggles my mind that UFC agreed to an amount that low to give up so much control and identity. If it isn't the result of a total fuck up the only other thing I can surmise is that Zuffa is going to try to sell their ownership within the next two to three years.

My thoughts exactly.

But then again I was the one saying Viacom would probably shut down Bellator by the end of 2015.

Either way, Reebok are a third-tier brand. This exposure with the UFC is going to help them a lot. The UFC get to appear to be a proper sport in the process of doing so.

industrian

Nobody is going to buy those hideous Reebok shirts, though.

The only way you'd make the shirts of any value is to customize them for each event.

But yes, I side with Thomas Lawlor on this one. Anyone who drops $95 on this sterile-looking crap is an idiot.

Top Bottom