• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

Heel

I was just gonna say, so many fighters clearly coming off the gas in that weigh-in. Mir, Duffee, King Kevin...woof.

I haven't even watched the TUF Finale yet and there's another UFC tomorrow.

Just caught up with the last Legacy, which I think was in late June. Almost all the fights ended in round 1 very violently. I love Bad MMA. Dana was there scouting too.

pixelation

Bah... McGregor won't lose a match until he either loses his drawing power or gets to old to be useful (Undertaker). Frankie will lose, Aldo will lose... everyone will lose in the round that he predicts and of course, the fights will look "close" and/or "real" but in the end he'll pull of the win.
Like Mendes standing there in front of him guard down practically telling him "ok... this is where you hit me"

Would love for Aldo to make good on his word... but it's not gonna happen because...
money talks

Edit: Not Aldo, well dang...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He's a 2 striking, and a 1 in wrestling and BJJ.

Pretty much, his grappling must be shittastic if he's better at striking. RIP in peace CM Phil.

They need to stop, I hope they don't try to build a fake beef. Everyone knows these two are friends.

Wasn't Phil doing BJJ with one of the Gracie's?

I can see being poor/inexperienced in striking and wrestling but his BJJ should be decent.

And I didn't know Luke was buddies with Chris? I didn't take it as they had beef, more like fun trash talking between the two. It's not anything like Evans/Jones, Bisping/Hendo, Rhousey/Tate or Aldo/McGregor.

iddqd

"Moves like a Jiu Jitsu guy" is the most backhanded shade I've ever seen in MMA.

UFC1-RoyceXArt-03-400-kick2-sg.gif

FUME5

Everybody remembers the one glove, nobody remembers that he tapped to sheer terror of being mounted by a 180 pound man.

Nah, I remember that, dude was scared he was going to get his arm broken due to backstage talk.

Hey, he got 15 grand for a pain free 2 minutes work.

dream

It's 1993, you are a black man in the wake of the Rodney King riots, and a white-looking fellow in a Klansman outfit just took you down--where you can't punch--and straddles your torso the way a woman does when you are having sexual intercourse. What the f would you do besides tap?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's 1993, you are a black man in the wake of the Rodney King riots, and a white-looking fellow in a Klansman outfit just took you down--where you can't punch--and straddles your torso the way a woman does when you are having sexual intercourse. What the f would you do besides tap?
You paint the realest pictures.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

There's being taken down, and being taken to the down low. I don't blame him for tapping.

dream

You have to remember how alien the notion of grappling was in 1993, an era dominated by Mike Tyson and Jean Claude Van Damme. Being taken down and submitted in 1993 was just utterly bizarre. It would be like if we fought today and I pulled my dick out and pissed in your mouth until you drowned in my urine. What would you do if I pissed in your mouth during a fight?

FUME5

You have to remember how alien the notion of grappling was in 1993, an era dominated by Mike Tyson and Jean Claude Van Damme. Being taken down and submitted in 1993 was just utterly bizarre. It would be like if we fought today and I pulled my dick out and pissed in your mouth until you drowned in my urine. What would you do if I pissed in your mouth during a fight?

Probably appeal to the ref?

But yeah, myself and my friends had all done some form of martial arts, all striking based, so when we first saw the UFC event we were amazed at what Royce could do to these huge beasts.

I remember renting those old UFC VHS tapes back in the day, not knowing the results ahead of time, me and my friends used to root against Royce so badly. Dude was the ultimate heel.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It would be like if we fought today and I pulled my dick out and pissed in your mouth until you drowned in my urine. What would you do if I pissed in your mouth during a fight?

Cerrius would probably thank you for allowing him to emulate his idol.

Guru-Guru

Banned
So I just watched the Correia vs Baszler fight in anticipation of her upcoming match with Rousey...And wow, she is going to get obliterated. I know it's a given, and the division is super shallow, but damn, this will be another under 1 minute finish for Rousey.

So I just watched the Correia vs Baszler fight in anticipation of her upcoming match with Rousey...And wow, she is going to get obliterated. I know it's a given, and the division is super shallow, but damn, this will be another under 1 minute finish for Rousey.
Ronda claims that even if she gets the opportunity to finish early she's gonna ignore it so she can punish Betch.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
3 shows in one week. How long until Dana and Lorenzo get into a feud and split the company raw vs smackdown style?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I had no idea Masanori Kanehara from Sengoku was in the Ultimate. Ha he even beat Bruce Leeroy, how did I miss that fight?

Good card, I'll be watching it at work.

Heel

071515-ronda-rousey-primary-1.jpg

Rousey had just been given the "Best Fighter" award on the red carpet at the ESPYs -- beating out fighters like Mayweather.

When asked how she felt about it, Ronda replied -- "I wonder how Floyd feels being beaten by a woman for once."

fFWyK.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Heelio I'm 100% sure that quote could turn into a "could Ronda Rousey beat Floyd Mayweather in a fight?" 5 page off-topic thread.

Top Bottom